Posts by ostewart

My InEarz P350's may not be high end, but this is a killer combo, smooth and enjoyable as a daily rig.  
 I think you misunderstood, What device are you using to plug in to the Watson, a DAC, iPod, Music player? As with a true line level output device, you will never need to use volume past 2 o'clock, even with HE-500 9 o'clock is loud enough. If you are using the headphone output of a phone, or standard iPod then yes you may need more volume. I hope this provides a little more clarity, the RCA and line-in are the same, they are linked internally on this amp.
Beyer sell an aftermarket balanced cable for use with balanced amps, as in a balanced amp the L and R signal are separate throughout the amp, with separate ground cables too. I won't get in to the technical parts, but it's supposed to increase stereo separation by lowering crosstalk and tackle other problems too. I'm not a huge believer in them though.Also you always state you are a newbie, your review of the Amirons on Amazon is less than helpful if I may be...
I'm not saying they should stick to the MSRP, but it's good to have as a base to go off, then they can put x amount off MSRP which helps sell. Nowadays no one can compete with Amazon which is a shame.
Currency exchange rates play a big role in pricing too, as the distributor will have to purchase the goods at a certain price and that depends on the currency exchange rate, which €-£ is bad at the moment. And taxes as stated above.   Also I would like to say, what is the point in having a MSRP if the distributor just sells to the retailer and then they are free to do what they like, that would destroy business relationships with other dealers etc...   It's a bigger...
At the end of the day, the consumer always wants the lowest price, but if they choose to pay full price that is their choice, if you don't want to pay for it don't buy it. It's the same with saying something is worth the money, that's the users own opinion.   There is no point arguing saying people are being shafted etc... If people are buying them, then that is their choice to pay the amount they pay.   The other side of the argument is that sellers are always putting...
So you think it's wrong for a manufacturer to try and control the pricing? Are you aware of how most businesses work? Also it is rarely the manufacturer that tries to control the pricing, it is more the distributor. Either way I do not agree with your very vocal statement about how you think beyerdynamic should run their very successful business (family owned, been around for a long long time, so they must be doing ok).Also Amazon tracks pricing from other websites and...
People seem to be going on about the build, the 1990 only has a metal faceplate, not the whole cup. And the headband is synthetic leather and both pairs of pads are velour. The Amiron uses alcantara, which if I'm right, is more expensive to produce than synthetic leather and velour. Also the cable argument, yes the 1990 come with 2, but they are single sided and not wired for balanced use, I personally prefer the dual sided cable. Just some thoughts anyway... And I had...
Had some fun with long exposures, with the Amiron and my Feliks audio Espressivo (drives them really well).          
 Thank you for the info, so what would you pick if the DT990 + T1 drivers was half the price of the Amiron? Worth it over the Amiron, or just get the Amiron? How close is DT990 with T1 drivers to stock T1?