Posts by Julez

Selling or trading my portable headphone Mitchell & Johnson GL2SE     The headphone works properly and is cosmetically in very good condition. Ear pads are still as new. All original accessiors are included.     Paypal payment or bankwire are possible. Shipping within EU 16€ in Germany 6€.
I am looking for a Sennheiser arc of one of the following headphones: HD580, HD600, HD650 or HE60. If someone wants to sell a used or new arc please pm me with your price quote.
My experience was the same as yours with antistatic coating before 100VoltTube said I should use Techspray Licron Crystal. I tried this and it was the only coating that worked over a long period. Every other coating failed after some hours or maximum two weeks.   The problem with the usual antistatics is that they are often based on a oily substrate that does not stick to the mylar membrane. Licron Crystal does stick like dried cewing gum on your shoes. I was not able to...
I am able to repair broken drivers of 009s and basically every other Stax headphone by recoating the drivers or make completly new drivers. But the glued Lambda drivers are a big pain to repair. In my opinion if there is a channel imbalance the coating has already failed. Dustissues do often very quickly damage the membrane and burn little holes in them. If there are just a few very tiny holes this will not matter to sound and channel balance and the membrane can be...
Selling my NAD Viso HP50 heaphone     The headphone is technically perfect. Ther is a tiny bit of wear on the headphone (wich is only visible on close inspection). nearly as new condition I would say. Included are the original box, all accesoirs and the bill from Amazon from end of June 2016.     Paypal or bankwire and shipping within EU are possible!
Selling my Stax SR-Signature     The headphone is 100% working. Condition is good apart from the glued part of the arc where the left caseholder is attached as can bee senn in the second picture (wich does not affect functionality and stability). The ear pads are still soft but the foam is disintegrating.   Paypal or bankwire payment is possible.
Yes that was the pattern I meant!   I recall the HE60 has such isolation rubber between the drivers and the baffels (Stax Lambda headphones where glued and are now screwed to the baffle). But the HE 60 has also very weak bass imo. However I am shure that the rubber is not responsible for the weak bass.
It was said that an open area of about 40% is the goal. I read in the Sanders electrostatic coockbook that it would be good to have holes with a diameter at least twice the size of the stator thickness to avoid the helmholz-effect where some frequencys get amplyfied. For headphones I would recommend 2mm diameter. You can play with the hole size and see if that has an effect on the sound. For a normal bias headphone 0.3mm gap is used by Stax. So I would do so as well but...
Selling my Beyerdynamic T5p first generation       the headphone is in very good condition and in excellent working order. The cable entry was modified with a mini-xlr jack so the cable can be removed or swapped with another mini-xlr cable. Currently it comes with a Forza Audioworks high quality cable of about 1m legth terminated with a 3.5mm plug for portable use.     400€ including shipping within EU and Paypal fees!
Hello Steve,   in my experience that is the case if you do not coat both sides of the membrane. I nearly always have membranes sticking to one stator if the membrane is not coated on both sides (when putting the headphone on my head or pull it off my head). They sometimes do not release at all until I pull the plug and short the contacts. Try coating both sides (but both sides must be connected to the bias voltage otherwise it won't work). I hope this will solve your...