or Connect

Posts by Julez

Selling my Stax SR-Signature     The headphone is 100% working. Condition is good apart from the glued part of the arc where the left caseholder is attached as can bee senn in the second picture (wich does not affect functionality and stability). The ear pads are still soft but the foam is disintegrating.   Paypal or bankwire payment is possible.
Yes that was the pattern I meant!   I recall the HE60 has such isolation rubber between the drivers and the baffels (Stax Lambda headphones where glued and are now screwed to the baffle). But the HE 60 has also very weak bass imo. However I am shure that the rubber is not responsible for the weak bass.
It was said that an open area of about 40% is the goal. I read in the Sanders electrostatic coockbook that it would be good to have holes with a diameter at least twice the size of the stator thickness to avoid the helmholz-effect where some frequencys get amplyfied. For headphones I would recommend 2mm diameter. You can play with the hole size and see if that has an effect on the sound. For a normal bias headphone 0.3mm gap is used by Stax. So I would do so as well but...
Selling my Beyerdynamic T5p first generation       the headphone is in very good condition and in excellent working order. The cable entry was modified with a mini-xlr jack so the cable can be removed or swapped with another mini-xlr cable. Currently it comes with a Forza Audioworks high quality cable of about 1m legth terminated with a 3.5mm plug for portable use.     400€ including shipping within EU and Paypal fees!
Hello Steve,   in my experience that is the case if you do not coat both sides of the membrane. I nearly always have membranes sticking to one stator if the membrane is not coated on both sides (when putting the headphone on my head or pull it off my head). They sometimes do not release at all until I pull the plug and short the contacts. Try coating both sides (but both sides must be connected to the bias voltage otherwise it won't work). I hope this will solve your...
I used Pattex 100% 50 or 100gr in a tube: http://www.pattex.de/do-it-yourself-mit-pattex-klebstoffe-produkte-new/pattex-klebstoffe/100-percent-line/100-prozent-multi-power-keber.html I had the same problem with contact cement. It was dried before I could apply it evenly and clean up the mess. With this glue it takes about 30min to dry so even when you apply it very thin it won't dry until you glue it. I also wait about 1-2h before I cut out the drivers from the...
I am considering selling my beloved SR-Omega with the ultra rare aluminium wheel supported drivers       the headphone is in very good condition for it's age! Just the ear pads show wear but are still very good for hearing music. There is also a spare pair of original Omega ear pads. The technical condition is flawless. I have to say that the drivers are repaired by myselve (just the membrane was repaired with 1.4 micrometer mylar and a very long lasting coating). For...
Selling my Stax SRM-T1 electrostatic amp       The amp is technically 100% working. Cosmetic condition is good. No scratchen on the front, top and sides. Very small wear on the backplate. The pics are a little overexposed. So they look worse than the actual unit. It is a multivoltage version of the T1 currently running on 240V.   Included is the power cable and the original box of a SRM-006t amp (wich has the same dimensions). Personal pickup or shipping possible....
Do you know this page? http://www.showcomms.com/beyerdynamic.html
When I heat my membranes they do not shrink. In fact they do the opposite. They expand. If I take a finished membrane glued to a spacer (or glued to my stretching frame) the resonance frequency gets lower if heated! So my understanding is it will expand by being heat treated and the effect fades away after a while resulting in the same tension as before heating the membrane.   Nonetheless I do use heat treatment. But in my case I have a strechting frame and I do only...