Posts by Brooko

No probs - just trying to help, and finding it difficult to understand the huge difference between our listening volumes ......
 Yeah - but lets face it you'll buy anything that Luke (H20) suggest you buy 
Just an update - as I'm about 75% through my review now.  Is anyone finding these overly warm/bassy?  I love the mid-range, and can live with the treble (personally I'd prefer a little more air - but it is very non-fatiguing, and easy for long listening sessions).  I'm just finding that bottom end overly warm.   Cutting it with EQ really helps.   I guess I'm starting to question myself - because all the reviews talk about how perfect these sound - and while they have...
That's untouched.   All 3 are (to my tastes) bassy, warm IEMs with a very good mid-range, and subdued non-fatiguing treble.   In order of quantity of bass T10i >> A81 >> A71   IMO the T10i needs a significant cut in bass to shine.  A81 needs a cut in bass to meet my personal tastes, and I guess also for most people looking for balance. And I'm evaluating the A71 at the moment. I'm seeing overwhelmingly positive feedback to them so far - and I can see why (the...
Somewhat similar to the Fidue A81 and A71 to my ears - but with a lot more bass overall.  Good mid-range.  Smooth highs.
 I guess I should correct that earlier statement.  I have heard the original black screen HD650 when comparing them to the original blackscreen HD600 years ago.  I went with the HD600 back then. Problem is that it was years ago, I didn't volume match, and it wasn't a very accurate assessment by the standards I apply now.  The dark screen (650) could well be darker and more veiled - that is the way I heard it back then anyway. When comparing the modern silver screened...
 I just found it interesting.  It highlights a few different possibilities ......A major volume/output power difference between our X5's - I'd have thought this unlikely A major volume/output difference between the T10i we each had - again I'd have thought this unlikely Again seal difference - if yours feels like it's falling out, I'd question if the seal is 100% secure.  This might be one reason you're using such a high volume If the above 3 aren't an issue - then it is...
Agree - I found no distortion - but @lookingforIEMs does seem to be listening to the X5 at significantly louder levels than I would generally listen to an IEM.  For the record (from my notes when using the T10i), I was generally at or around 30-40/120 on low gain.   I wonder if he had the EQ engaged on the X5?   Also for it to fall out like that, I'd question whether he's actually achieving a good seal .....
 I'd agree with the first 3 - haven't heard the black screened HD650, but understand it may have been a little darker than the new versions.  I will say that there is far less difference between the HD600 and HD650 than what I was expecting (and what I remembered from my early comparisons a few years ago).  The 600s definitely have more upper mid-range and lower treble presence, but Rizki's HD650 wasn't all that dark - and I could have easily lived with it.
 Different Lachlan. Personally I like Loquah's writing style a little better - but YMMV