Posts by Brooko

Funny - in my volume matched AB comparison, I found the differences actually a lot smaller than is often suggested. Most people have commented similar when volume matched properly with both headphones in similar condition and age. Did you have a much older pair of HD650s?  What sort of condition were the pads in? I know it is personal preference - but I would honestly be on the fence about which pair to buy if I had to do so again ......
 Sibilance tends to occur between about 4 and 8 kHz (I would tend to EQ around 4-6 kHz personally).  Important to note though - that the sibilance is already in the recording, and will tend to be present or masked by the actual headphones you are using (whether or not they emphasise those frequency ranges).  The X5 is actually pretty flat in frequency response. Anyway - this interactive frequency chart my help...
We have a distributor in NZ - so it would be just a matter of freeing up both funds and time to be able to get a pair and compare.  Pricewise they similar to the HM5, but I'm pretty happy with almost everything about the HM5 so far, so it would be a "back burner job".  I'd imagine if the two are comparable on price and quality, the difference may be the superior backing (warranty) and service from Brainwavz.   But that will have to wait for now. I asked Audrey today if...
 Thanks for the tip Igor. Will have to try some of the Takstar offerings if I ever get a chance - but I'd suggest they'd have to be pretty darn good to beat the HM5.  Problem is that there are not many reviews on the Pro 80s out there - and the info I've read is mixed (whereas the HM5/Lindy/FA-003 feedback is pretty much overwhelmingly positive). I guess curiosity might get me eventually.  If I do get a pair, I'll do a comparison. 
Yep - that clamp is fairly strong.  Extending the metal extenders, and slowly bending the metal part has relaxed the clamp quite a bit on my pair - even over the short time I've had them.
Like I said - haven't tried it.  Most people say that it is less bassy than the T10i.  Have you tried the T10i???
 Not a big believer in burn-in (other than brain burn-in), but it was a review unit, so had a few hours before I got it.  I added maybe 20-25 hours.  It didn't help or change it. Funny thing is that I'd still like to try their MA750 at some stage - it is supposed to be less bassy.
The E11K's boost is fairly subtle (to me anyway) - a lot less than the old E11.  It adds a little bit, but I find it easier just to EQ whatever DAP I'm using.  X1 and X5 just need a little heft on the leftmost two sliders.   Interesting your comment regarding old HM5 and this new one I have - as this is exactly the way I felt when revisiting the HM5 this time.  I can't remember the first pair I owned as being as bright. Can't really say if they have changed, or just my...
Try the opposite on your iPhone.  Use the bass reducer.  That way you don't get as much bass bleed.
It's worth listening to both - especially if you can A/B side by side, with your own gear, and no time constraints. Both great headphones.