or Connect

Posts by Brooko

It's OK - we can disagree on this one. We can both relate our opinion on burn-in.  Don't be surprised that I back up my call with measurements though - its just the way I'm wired. Don't you think that the changes you're talking about would be manifested in a frequency response graph though?  You are talking about big changes.  And you'd be surprised how much your brain can adjust from just a matter of minutes with an IEM.
Can I suggest we end the cable debate / discussion now.  I replied to WCDchee by PM.   Suggest we all get back to actually discussing the Andromeda and Nova.  Hopefully i get to hear the Nova in a couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to it.
[Mod Update]   Ref Currawong's post   I was advised by Lurk earlier that the IEM he was been talking about (D2002) was available from other sites - was not manufactured by Easy, and that he wanted to be able to talk about it in this thread.  I suggested it should be OK.  I should have checked what the IEM was.  I assumed it was by one of the other Chinese manufacturers.  I did not notice or register that it was a DQSM IEM - my fault entirely (not Lurk's).   Amos'...
 All I can point you to is the measurements of the P1 I took - in comparison to FiiO cable and ALO Tinsel cable - review data here Maybe your cable is actually faulty.  Mine shows no measurable or audible difference - other than the much lower volume.
 Sorry - missed this bit initially.  Really good equipment - like the gear Ken and other manufactures have (GRAS etc) is quite expensive.  Essential though if you are designing earphones. I use a Vibro Veritas coupler and a cheap (but functional) external USB sound card. The measurements are accurate if used comparative to other measurements on the same gear. And they are pretty close to other raw measurements up to about 4-5kHz, but from 4/5 kHz upaward the mics aren't...
 The reason is that the MEE P1 cable has higher impedance and actually drops the volume down by about 2.5 dB )I've measured the P1 cable against the ALO Tinsel on the P1). It could affect the Orion's overall impedance (you would have to check with Ken as I don't have a measurement for its impedance curve  - only frequency). Anyway - the Orion plus P1 cable will be quieter.  It will likely sound (apparently) less detailed, more closed in, and muffled.  All that will...
Like I said - start a thread in Sound Science - shoot me a PM with the link.  I will join you. And BTW -   Putting words in my mouth is also a dangerous game.  if you want to have a fair debate I'm up for it.  It means you also have to find actual evidence - are you sure you are up for that?  But lets stop with the BS - start a thread.  i'll join you. Lets keep this one clean of any more on this topic - OK?
 If you want to take this to sound science, I'd be more than happy to debate it with you.  Start a thread - send me a PM . Note I never said anything about full sized speakers.  They have a Spider (mechanical) which physically changes over time.  Dynamic headphones and earphones do not have this - not required because the actual drivers are smaller. The claim was that the P1 changes audibly with break-in.  That was what I countered.  And I've measured it.  If you are...
 There is enough data out there to show that any change due to mechanical break-in would be to all intents and purposes practically inaudible. It won't change the pure subjectivists views on it sadly - and I find it particularly troubling when they are the ones who tell others to open their minds to things outside measurements, and because they hear change it is therefore true. Unfortunately it is one of the myths which will keep being perpetuated by the misinformed....
 I've used multiple cables from different manufacturers.  Biggest changes seem to be slight changes in impedance - which correlates mostly into slight changes in volume (one will be louder than the other).  The problem is that most people comparing do not volume match (with a proper SPL meter) when they compare.  Therefore whichever one is slightly louder (and it can be something really small like 1 dB) can be perceived as being brighter, more vibrant, better bass, more...