Posts by Brooko

The Modi and Magni will handle the HD700 fine.  It's not a hard can to drive.  People may tell you that the M&M stack will be too bright, but I found the HD700 was a slightly dark headphone when I owned them (they can be darkish - but then they do have treble peaks as well), but if you're not overly treble sensitive, I'd suggest the pairing should be OK.  I enjoyed it with the Studio V3 (which is quite a bright DAP) when I had them. Best thing is to just wait until you...
 Concur with this ^^
Brief listening - and I really liked what I heard.   Won't get anything in depth from me until next week.  Have my ears full of RHA T10i at the moment - as I need to get a review out on these early next week.   After that I'll tackle the A71.  And I can tell you from a brief listen, I am looking forward to the pleasure .....
Just to clarify - what this means is that you can use the X5 tool to unpack the X1 fw, modify it, and repack it again.   You can't use the actual X5 fw on the X1 or vice-versa ,,,,,,,,,
Think of a frequency response -   sub bass ------ mid bass ------ lower mids ------ upper mids ------ lower treble ------ upper treble   V shape simply means that bass and treble is elevated relative to the mid range - so the shape of the graph resembles a "V"
 - yep, I'd only end up rebuying them again later - more money gone .........
Just got offered a deal on a new HD800.  Really tempted.  T1 and HD600 would have to go though.  Decisions, decisions ......
 OK - you've convinced me ..... When you've finished with the X5 - send both it and the K812 through to me.  I'll do a T1 and K812 comparison. Just in case you decide to shift it before I get a chance to listen to it ......
Guess they have a lot of other content at this time of the year.  No biggie.  the enjoyment is in the writing, and comparing notes with others later.  Some of the input so far has been really good (eg Peter's comments re scaling).