or Connect

Posts by Brooko

It allows you to listen to a level of sound where the acoustic reflex won't be triggered too early - eliminates some of the pressure, so what you hear sounds a lot more natural.  I've used another IEM for today. It's early morning (when I wrote this originally)  - just me and Mathew up - girls still in bed.  House is pretty quiet, but the Earsonics ES2 are fantastic isolaters.  Can't hear the keyboard as I type - and this is with no music playing.  My tinnitus is acting...
 That's actually quite funny - because the very definition of warmth is usually bassy (and in particular mid-bass), and warmth can also be described as having rolled off high end and also dark.  So you saying its not warm, and then in the same sentence that its dark and has rolled off treble kinda doesn't make a lot of sense. Anyway - here are the actual frequency plots - http://www.fiio.net/en/products/39/parameters If you take a close look at them, it has a very slow...
 The way I did it was to measure the IEM on my equipment, and then compare same IEMs on another piece of properly calibrated equipment.  Then write a file for the difference.  The measurements show in tables - a freq followed by a vol measurement in dB.  The calibration file I got had about 2-3000 entries.  Yes you could do it manually - but I don't know how accurate you'd get it.
 Try reading some of the first few reviews - most mention a comparison with the A83http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone
 Probably different masters being used.
 Hey no problems.  If you're going to use the Veritas system - just be aware that uncalibrated it has a tendency to understate from about 4-5 kHz up.  The only way to get closer to a true reading would be to find someone with a properly calibrated system, get them to measure the ETYs, send you the actual data, and then make a calibration adjustment.  Otherwise - if you are just after comparison data, the graphs will show you the relation between the target IEM and ETY...
[Mod Comment]   Can we please get this thread back to discussion about the X1ii.  This side shot around batteries has been done to death.  If anyone wants to go on discussing it - please start a dedicated thread.
 E17K is a DAC/amp, X7 is a DAP - so its kind of hard to answer that question
 Actually James I think you are correct with this - and I for my part apologise because I haven't been able to help much simply due to bad timing (we've had our largest customers here, and are in the middle of budgets).  Another time of the year, and I would have been able to give proper feedback. For a roll out like this - a dozen testers, using an app like "Slack" to discuss and give feedback on each iteration, and I think you'd achieve a pretty decent upgrade in around...
I'll post something a little more definitive later - I'm using the U6 with Adel tech - but it will give you an idea anyway.   I'm by myself in a quiet house - so this would be normal listening   Pink Floyd The Wall - where many tracks are quite dynamic : ave 58-63 dB, Peaks (biggest so far) 75.2 dB Sarah Jarosz album Undercurrent : ave 59-66 dB, Peaks (biggest so far) 76.9 dB   I also did Washing Day - and my peak was 65.4 dB   My daughter finds my listening...