Posts by Brooko

Unless James is going to spring something suddenly on us - the price is going to be USD 699 (as has been stated many times).  Give me something practical, sounds great and configurable - definitely interested.  If you want to spend another $300 on prettying it up to your standards - you may need to wait for X9, X11, X13 maybe ......
 Hi Billson - I agree on the Komamnd filters being good, but opposite of A-G in that the bass filter is definitely much better now - targeting sub-bass, but still leaving a clear mid-range. Also love the black "balanced" filter (the packaging has the designation wrong).  But aren't you finding the champagne "treble" filter to be lacking a lot of bass? (maybe I need to spend a lot more time with it - most of my time so far has been with the black).  EDIT : OK have champagne...
 Uzi - Fiios BMP is 32bit.  Most software saves as 24bit.  If you convert your amended 24 bit to 32 bit (basically add a transparency layer), it should show up. There are converters on line if your own software won't do it. 
 Yep - whole package screams high quality.  Look forward to your thoughts as you spend more time with them.
 And again - people will believe what they want to believe.  I've personally never heard any dynamic or BA physically change in all the testing I've ever done.  If you talk to the Shure engineers, they state that none of their IEMs (including the 215 dynamic) change over time.  Fail to see how these would be any different.  Real full size speakers break in because of a change in the physical element (the spider).  Micro dynamics don't have one. If someone can show me...
Should be up by the end of this week.  Photos are done.  Just waiting for some graphs and then to need pull all my notes together into a usable format.
Thanks Steve   I've asked Audrey to make an inquiry with "home-base" at Brainwavz to see if they can source the rear enclosures.  They look like Yoga OEM (all same design, different branding) - so I'm hoping it is possible.  Will advise once I get a response :)
 You're welcome to set up a poll - am sure you'll get a few responses.  Tips will very much depend on individual physiology though. Because of the shallow fit - I'm using a pair of L T400 Comply foam tips.  I also found that Sony Isolation tips also work well.
How did you test them Carel?  You'd need 2 side by side (different firmware versions), volume matched, and being able to A/B side by side to properly compare.  And your A/B switching  would need to take place within a very short time (say about 10 secs) - our reliable auditory memory doesn't last much longer than that.   And no - so far I haven't noticed any extra distortion from the last firmware - but that could be my own expectation bias at work - I wasn't expecting...
@slowpickr   Tested them side by side tonight - Arcana V2 vs A-G with champagne ("balanced") filters.   Used same source (Fiio X5), same tips, same tracks.   A-G sounds smoother, vocals are a little distant comparatively, overall feel is quite relaxed.   Av2 sounds closer, more bass, there is a little more sparkle, move V shaped - gives it both more thump and more edge to guitars etc.   Overall with the ones I have here, Arcana is built slightly better, but of...