Posts by Brooko

Thanks Leo.  It should be finished and posted in another day. Even at $125 + freight I'd thoroughly recommend it.  I do intend to offer Sunggoo payment for my review pair - they are quite simply "that good!".
Give it a chance lads.  It's definitely worth the wait IMO.  Just writing my review now.
Patience Dani - it only left Invercargill Monday.  Let's give it a chance huh :)
Had to G-V.  Wasn't getting enough ear-time once the X5 landed.   I miss it already though.  Have been wondering whether I made the right choice ......
 Oh I have no problem with full sized speakers requiring break-in.  They have a spider which will definitely change (settle in) after use (from what I have read they actually develop minute cracks.  But headphones - let's just say I'm skeptical. Anyway this is a touch off topic. I tried EQing using the basis of the EQ Tom used a couple of pages back.  The S5 definitely balanced out a lot - it reacts really well to EQ,
 If anyone tries it (level matched with an SPL meter) and using same tips - I'd love to know results. All I do know for sure is that any drivers I've tried - both large and small - haven't changed noticeably for me.  Fit changes (pads compress, tips get more maleable etc) - but I've never experienced yet a headphone that burns in, and especially something that turns night into day (which is sometimes asserted). One of the best articles I've read is Tyll's...
LMAO - I was just listening to Beth Hart's "Live At Paradiso" album while I was reading allets comment.   It's the bit between tracks where she sits down in the crowd, and tells them basically to "relax, put your feet up, smoke a joint .....".   Perfect comment WRT above posts 
 D2K - you're reading way too much into this.  I'd suggest you stop, take a chill pill,  and then go back and reread all the impressions and comments.  The realise there is only one person over-reacting here. And in response to a couple of things:No - emphatically no.  As a reviewer all we are supposed to do is give an honest impression of the way we find the S5.  We don't have to conform to one idea about signature (which is what I read you as implying).  And in fact...
I've been sitting on the sideline re the current small debate re sound signature - but am now compelled to put my two cents in.   We are all biologically different - so sound to us is different - and that is for every one of us.  What may sound bright to others often doesn't sound that way to me (I have a high treble tolerance - and always explain that in advance in my reviews).  Add on top of that our own individual preferences, our own individual set-ups (as we've...
 Asking this question on an HD600 appreciation thread ...... you already know the answer. For me - it was easy.  HD650's sounded really good, but just too much bass, and not enough top end.  They were warm, enveloping, rich.  But the HD600's to me are more articulate, airier, and above all more natural sounding.  Especially the timbre.  Instruments sound real (especially violins, cellos etc).