Posts by Brooko

I don't know if I'd term them useless. I do think that there are a lot of differing opinions, and that's because of our individual preferences and physiology. The secret to getting usable information (IMO) is: Find a reviewer who has similar tastes to you.  Best way to do this is find someone who has reviewed gear you have heard or own, and shares similar opinions as to how it sounds / performs.  That then sets a baseline that you can understand.   Look for similarity in...
 Owned the SE535, and they are perfect for travel - fantastic isolation. The Shure house sound is pretty unique too - they have a wonderful mid-range. The problem you'll have is (if isolation is really important) finding something that islaotes to the same level as the Shures. I sold mine a year and a bit ago - and whilst I've found some great triple hybrids which I think are sonically superior to the Shures (Fidue A83 is an example), they don't give anywhere near the same...
My review posted : http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a71-dual-dynamic-drivers-hi-fi-earphones/reviews/12120   Fair warning - I'm hearing them somewhat different than the early impressions. YMMV - but it is honestly what I hear.
 I guess you'd need to talk to them then - the marketing spiel and mini chart tell two different stories .....
 I've now had over 50 hours with them.  IMO they haven't changed in the slightest.  Still very warm, very bassy.  Unfortunately for me - the bass continues to mask the details. The first Fidues I've had where I really don't like the overall signature.
  @Levanter - I'm not sure if you're talking about the Adel Ambient. Here is what 1964Ears says: "Designed for those who demand exceptional audio while keeping connection to the outside world." and " ...  they help you safely get the most from your music while also helping you stay connected to the outside world." The way I read it, and probably the reason for stating "ambient" - they don't have high isolation.  For that you want the Adele U series.
 The detail is there - it's just not in your face (lit-up) like the DT880 or other brighter cans.
 A83 mids definitely fuller + better cohesion between upper and lower mids.  I'd still call the A83 relatively neutral compared to most triple hybrids - but with a very slight bump on bass, and still slightly on the bright side.  I don't find them analytical in the slightest. Altone200 is more euphonic in the upper mids, and has more bass presence and slam.  It's a bit thinner in the lower mids though.
 From my notes - it was usually around 30ish on low gain.  Depends on the recording of course - but even classical rarely got above 40-45.
I think you'll get different views depending on preference, tips used. and seal. But I showed my answers in red above ......