or Connect

Posts by Brooko

We don't ban people for mentioning it.  We warn them that one particular site in particular is not allowed to be referenced. Once they are warned, it they repeatedly break the rules - we issue a sterner warning - and after that if they still choose to break the rule - then their access here is removed. The important thing is that they are warned - they have the chance to change their ways.  As far as the reasons go (for that site being off limits) - I don't know the full...
 The problem arises when the same statement is made something like : "You guys have no ideas what you're talking about - of course the earth is flat - only morons would argue against it" And at that stage - the line is crossed.  the problem is that when the PM is sent, the recipient immediately blames the Mod (easy target) rather than seeing that their own behaviours is what gets them in hot water. Anyway - sorry gents,  its quarter to one in the morning here, and I have...
 You and I both know that there are ways and means of debating Joe.  And when someone calls someone else's hearing into question - most times it is done maliciously in the heat of a debate.  So lets not try and dress it up.  When it gets personal - it crosses a line.
 Let me ask you something Gregorio - as I've read a lot of your posts, and found most of them very insightful.  When you've been moderated, has it been the debate or subject you've been moderated on, or is it when the name calling starts? Because I get to see a lot of it now - and although I can't make a call on what happened years earlier - I do know that almost all of the time when a Mod steps in - they aren't taking sides in a debate - they are stepping in when the...
 And the problem comes in where people talk in absolutes.
 If at the end of the day, the person is happy - does it matter?
Oh - and actually this bit is wrong - sorry:  I talk about it quite often - even before I became a mod. The difference is the manner of how it is explained.  And this comes back to the people at the fringes of both sides of the debate. Before you know it - they are shouting - and thats where the warnings come in. The bans come when people are warned not to be abusive, and they continue.  And 9/10 the poor people stuck in the middle who might have asked the seemingly...
The thing is Gregorio - people know what they sign up for when they join.  The rules are there in black and white. And as part of the sign up process you actually have to acknowledge them (I personally doubt a lot of people read them - but there you go).   The second thing is that there are a lot of people who would fall in the middle ground (I'd like to think I fit that mould) - maybe acknowledging their human weaknesses (bias whatever you want to call it) and also...
 The three sections I've kept may be your impression of what goes on - but they are blatantly false.  You don't get banned for talking about blind-testing, or for objective testing.  In my time here it hasn't happened (to my knowledge anyway). There is a rule however that if you want to talk about those subjects, placebo etc - it should be done in the Sound Science section.  There is a reason for this.  People are passionate about audio. Most of the people who come here...
 Correct answer "I don't know" Incorrect answer - yours  - unless you are privy to information none of us have. And thanks for the resultant 3 pages of speculation, adding nothing of value to the thread. ​