Posts by Brooko

Sony isolation hybrid tips.  They're the hybrid tips with the foam inner ......
I owned the 250 ohm Pro, the 250 ohm Premium and the 600 ohm Premium   IMO there is not a significant difference between the three of them to justify the change.   Judging by what you're asking for - same tonality, but increase in dynamics / vividness - you're describing the T1.   This thread may be helpful : http://www.head-fi.org/t/727739/comparison-review-beyerdynamic-s-siblings-the-classic-dt880-vs-the-flagship-t1   The good news is that the T1's used (check...
 If he's like me (as it applied to me when I had the trio - K70x, DT880, HD600, and still applies today with the T1/HD600), then it's more about mood than genre. If I'm in the mood for more detail (and with the T1 - a more vivid presentation), then I reach for the Beyers.  If I want something more relaxed with a more natural tone - then it's the Senns. But I use both (often) with the same music / genres.
 Thanks.  Unfortunately the K812 are back with their owner now.  I'll check it out with the T1 though - every time I spend time with the Beyers I grow to appreciate them more .......
 Might help if you told us which tube amp you had ...... I'm assuming you own the DT880 250ohm Pro - and are asking if moving to the 600 ohm will be an improvement - correct? This is going to depend on whether your amp is a hybrid or genuine OTL, what the output impedance is etc Also - the obvious differences will be in clamp (the 250 Pros clamp tighter - which may give a touch more bass response). Basically you haven't given enough information (so far) in your initial...
 I don't know if I'd term them useless. I do think that there are a lot of differing opinions, and that's because of our individual preferences and physiology. The secret to getting usable information (IMO) is: Find a reviewer who has similar tastes to you.  Best way to do this is find someone who has reviewed gear you have heard or own, and shares similar opinions as to how it sounds / performs.  That then sets a baseline that you can understand.   Look for similarity in...
 Owned the SE535, and they are perfect for travel - fantastic isolation. The Shure house sound is pretty unique too - they have a wonderful mid-range. The problem you'll have is (if isolation is really important) finding something that islaotes to the same level as the Shures. I sold mine a year and a bit ago - and whilst I've found some great triple hybrids which I think are sonically superior to the Shures (Fidue A83 is an example), they don't give anywhere near the same...
My review posted : http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a71-dual-dynamic-drivers-hi-fi-earphones/reviews/12120   Fair warning - I'm hearing them somewhat different than the early impressions. YMMV - but it is honestly what I hear.
 I guess you'd need to talk to them then - the marketing spiel and mini chart tell two different stories .....
 I've now had over 50 hours with them.  IMO they haven't changed in the slightest.  Still very warm, very bassy.  Unfortunately for me - the bass continues to mask the details. The first Fidues I've had where I really don't like the overall signature.