Posts by Brooko

[Mod Comment]   If you want to discuss ADELs technology - take it to the dedicated ADEL thread please.  Here it is both off-topic, and unreasonable to try to get John to discuss a competitors product (under Head-Fi's rules he can't).   Further - if you see someone going off-topic, or pushing personal insults/attacks - PLEASE do not reply to them.  Flag it and let the Moderators deal with it.  Every time someone replies and quotes - we have another post to clean...
 I know its a seriously good one - industry standard.  Been looking for the details - but might be in one of my PMs.  One of the problems with being a Mod - if I search them and cross reference Jude, I still get 100s.  Maybe PM him?  If he was willing to help you calibrate - you'd definitely be getting something which would be akin to an official standard.  Mine still isn't anywhere near as accurate as Ken's - but it is a LOT better than when I first started.
 No - its USB 2 (nut I've tried 3.0 too).  The fact that its recognised and actually apperars to be playing - simply indicates it's muted.  But my normal trick of running alsacfg isn't working - as it says there are no controls to configure.  Next work around is via config files - but as I don't use it as a DAC, there has been little motivation to get it worked out so far. It remains on my list of things to do ......
 Um -  may have missed it - but what DAC issues?  Download driver from FiiO.  Install driver.  Plug in.  DAC works.  The only issue I'm having at the moment with the DAC is:My Linux box recognizes it but I can't get sound.  Pretty sure that is a config issue on the Linux end.  When I get time - I'll sort it. In Windows, to get no lag at all, I have to upsample to 24/192.  I had to do with X7 also - so it wasn't unexpected.  And I think this is more a...
For anyone wanting to know - aldinho878 bought these off e-bay, and did pay $300 for them (I've seen proof of purchase).  So please no flags or allegations of flipping.  This is legit.
Gents - I just had a PM from a user regarding the amount of battery discussion potentially forking the discussion away from other topics Hugo owners or potential owners may want to cover.  Can I therefore suggest two alternatives:   Start a new thread on Hugo battery concerns Or get Chord to comment directly in this thread addressing the concerns.   Either way - if it evolves into a circular discussion on batteries - we'll (Mods) have to get involved, and we'd...
Gents - I'm still watching this thread.   Please don't restart this .....
Here's the post from Ken - http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/510#post_12561462   Sorry - still looking for the info on his measurements system - its either in an email to me or somewhere on the forums.  I can give you a rough outline of what he told me though.  He uses two independent systems - both with real BK couplers calibrated to the IEC 711 standard.  His measurement set-up runs at about $15K.  The...
Kens are real measurements - he's posted the actual graphs. He also gave me the data files so that I could calculate a compensation curve for my veritas. When I get to my own PC I can send a link
Thanks - I'll let the Admins know. We'll see if it can be fixed.