or Connect

Posts by Brooko

If you can afford it - yes.  Review will be up shortly.
I've personally never seen any comment from Sennheiser saying anything about the HD650 having greater fidelity.  They mentioned some changes, but didn't talk about one having better fidelity than the other.  I'd also be interested in a link where they've made those comments Kman.  Its also interesting that the HD600 drivers are actually more expensive than the HD650 drivers .   Also - can you point me to those distortion figures? I checked Tyll's and they are practically...
 They're actually surprisingly good.  Really good bass response and enough mid-range and lower treble to make them quite coherent.  One of the better included ear-buds I've heard.  You will need to use foam covers to get the best sound out of them but its worth it.  I use some thicker ones from the VE Zen series. The microphone is also pretty good for calls as well. Are they worth hanging onto for high fidelity listening - well no. But worth passing on to someone who...
 Sorry mate - I never compare on memory.  Mine simply isn't accurate enough. If you check my profile, it lists everything I have actually on hand.  I can compare with any of those.
 Sorry - none of those.  I've heard most of the other Shure series but not the 215 (former owner of 315, 425, and 535).  And the only Senn headphones I've owned have been full sized.
I pretty much use aac256 for all my DAPs.  I can't tell the difference from FLAC anyway - so it just makes sense.  Supposedly better than MP3, small, audibly transparent.  What's not to like :)
No - the suffix should be .m4a for both (aac and ALAC). And I learnt something today too - appears the aac256 files I have do play (ALAC still don't). I tried in the past just transferring my FiiO SD cards over (with aac256 on) and they would never read.  I'm now wondering if I need to try manually transferring tracks.  Going to do some more snooping.  Might be the SD format.
 Yep definitely. Both are very clean and clear with good upper end detail, coupled with clean and fast bass. There is a bit more sense of distance with the Sabre, but more balance overall with the DN2000J.  Both have very good upper mid-ranges.  Personally I think the 2000J just sounds a little more effortless in it's overall presentation (supreme clarity), but I think that is countered by the peak around 7 kHz which can give a bit of edge, and a touch of sibilance to...
 The thing is, you can tweak the bass using the filters.  I prefer a little leaner - but you can go a lot deeper.  If I switch in the red filters, I get a really good sense of mid-bass impact - it's quite not as visceral as Atlas - but I personally think there is better control and definition. And I I play Lorde's "Royals" with the reds - I'm pretty sure it'll satisfy most bass lovers.  Definitely some pretty deep rumble.     Male vocals are never going to be as full or...
 I heard the first iteration of the Master a few weeks ago.  We gave Bob our feedback (Vince and I) and he was deciding what to tweak. So unfortunately I can't compare - until I have the two side-by-side, and both are in their final stages of development.  Sorry - can't comment until we hear the final tuning.