or Connect

Posts by Brooko

[Mod Comment]   I've just deleted a few posts - cable debates lead nowhere.   My advice in this thread:   Cable believers - do not make claims you cannot substantiate - and I mean with facts (ie measurements) Cable doubters - do not make counter claims you cannot substantiate - and I mean with facts (ie measurements)   And if you guys insist on reviving this - then I would suggest someone makes a spin-off thread specifically to discuss cables with the...
 Again - its not fact but an opinion.  It may be amateurish or overpriced to you.  It's not to me. And what made you think I was offended.  You and I aren't going to agree - so how about you have your opinion, I'll have mine.  You stated your points.  I'll exercise my right to disagree and ignore 
 You know its over-rated right
There are some easy tricks to matching the impedance of your ears. Vitaliy's video is brilliant.     I use the second method (using your voice)
Not too sure who has samples.  I'm kind of curious about them too.
 How about giving it a...
X1 - mine was one of the first released. Very flaky now. Was better after the later firmware releases, but most of the time I now use buttons rather than the scroll wheel.  Still use it often.  When I get some time, I'm going to take it to pieces and see if I can tighten.   Contrast to X3ii - only got that less than a year later.  Wheel still tight, no issues with scrolling.  Use it a lot.   FiiO obviously improved something along the way.  Doesn't help with the X1 I...
 Good question.  I'm not very much up to date with planars - do they normally like more current or more voltage?  If they are normally requiring more current, the AM5 may be the better of the two although it delivers about 20% less total power output than the AM3 balanced.  If its voltage - then the AM3 and AM5 deliver same peak voltage output - but the AM3 balanced delivers more total power (again around 20% more). My HD600s require higher voltage - so balanced should...
If you believe you hear it - and it gives you pleasure - who am I to argue    But I'd be willing to bet that neither one of you actually volume matched with an SPL meter to exactly same volume .
 Your SNR on both is 115 dBChannel separation/crosstalk is 72 dB vs 110 dB - but with music playing I'd bet that 95%+ of people would never be able to tell the difference (I'd say 99%+ is more likely)And THD+N on both is below the level of audibility Put it this way - when precisely volume matched I couldn't tell the difference. YMMV. And I'm willing to concede that my hearing is worse than a lot of people here. Was easy for me to test - as I simply used the Sirius adaptor...