Posts by Brooko

Gents - I'm still watching this thread.   Please don't restart this .....
Here's the post from Ken - http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/510#post_12561462   Sorry - still looking for the info on his measurements system - its either in an email to me or somewhere on the forums.  I can give you a rough outline of what he told me though.  He uses two independent systems - both with real BK couplers calibrated to the IEC 711 standard.  His measurement set-up runs at about $15K.  The...
Kens are real measurements - he's posted the actual graphs. He also gave me the data files so that I could calculate a compensation curve for my veritas. When I get to my own PC I can send a link
Thanks - I'll let the Admins know. We'll see if it can be fixed.
[Mod Comment]   Noticing quite a few flags from within this thread - so just a couple of points: Debates are OK as long as they are about the topic and not starting to get personal If you are finding a particular member's posts to be troubling - there is a block feature (click on the drop down arrow by the poster's user name, and you can block their posts).  Many times this will make life easier. I would suggest reading the posting guidelines - it doesn't take long,...
 I'm in New Zealand - that store is even further away .  Thanks - but I'll get one of my friends in the US to order it.  Shouldn't be an issue.
I have 75 and 150 ohm. I'd like to measure and try the UEBJ - but I'm not paying $80 for a 20 ohm resistor and cable.
 Unfortunately for me (I'd like to measure it), $10 USD to purchase, $70 USD shipping .  Gonna see if I can get someone to order ti for me, and send slow post.
 Personally I find it refreshing to see someone acknowledges that there is no real audible difference - but acknowledges that they can feel better listening to 24/96.  That's simply humanity at work. Everyone knows I try to be as objective as possible.  I know that aac256 is pretty much transparent - so I use it pretty much exclusively for portable use.  But if I'm home, I use FLAC, and I even sometimes upsample to DSD (even though I know from an audible point of view it...
 The discussion was where you claimed that the UEBJ veiled the sound compared to a wire change.  I questioned you and provided measurements where it was unlikely the wire would change anything - unless it was adding impedance.  The discussion was on the wire not the UEBJ.  it was also almost 3 weeks ago, not a few posts ago.  if you want to discuss - take to PM - or take to Sound Science.