Posts by Brooko

Mike - to be clear - I have no problem with what you're doing here.  Your thread - so your rules. I'm not peeved or anything, and I have no sensitivity regarding having a photo voted off.  It's just not what I thought the thread was originally. I guess the other thing that puzzled me - was this ...... Here were the photos I selected - I guess I should have uploaded the original as others had done - I resized to 1200 x 800 simply to assist with bandwidth.   I have 100's of...
Long time user of the SRH840 (I owned it twice).  Fantastic headphone.   If you're looking for a similar signature in  a fantastic value open headphone - definitely consider the Sennheiser HD600.  It's in a similar price range to the HE400 and Q701, requires less amplification than the AKGs, and is widely considered as being one of the best headphones Sennheiser ever produced.  It's still in high demand more than 10 years after it was introduced.   Best thing is that...
I see the rules suddenly changed.  Will save you the trouble as the changed idea is not something I'm overly keen on partaking in.  Both my posts removed.  Unsubbed.
Maybe best bet would be to try the Q701 appreciation thread - and see if anyone has compared both.  Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of trying any Schiit products - but looking forward to trying a Bifrost / Asgard 2 / Valhalla 2 combo one of these days ..... 
I've owned the K701, K702 and Q701 - and paired them all with an NFB-12 (the 15 series is basically the old 12 with a new USB controller and other small improvements).  I found the NFB-12 to be a wonderful match with the AKG's - plenty of body, and enough current to allow for an even frequency response (including a natural bass response).   Although I've gone onto slightly higher end headphones - I've still seen no need to change the NFB-12 yet.  I've never felt it was...
 Thanks - and if situation was different I'd probably jump at the chance.  My problem at the moment is that my lovely wife would like me to thin the herd a little, and I can't see her being enamoured if I swap one for the other - especially considering the freight for the HD700 to Europe is likely to be at least $100 NZD (around 45 Euro). I'll probably try for a local sale in NZ first - then go Australasia next if no takers.  GL with your sale on the HE500 though.  One of...
 Not sure if you are referring to my set-up (please clarify) - but ....... The NFB-12 will put 150 mW into a 600 ohm load, and the LD MKIV will go up to 500 mW according to the specs.  I personally suspect it would be closer to 300-350 mW.  On both amps I can't even get close to 1/2 way on the pot before the volume is painful. Have you actually heard the T1 through either amp?
 Yep - to me you are.  To release an IEM with that signature, that flexibility, in that price bracket, is pretty special.  Unfortunately now - you've set the bar pretty high.  I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you made on the other IEMs in the line (as well as the Acero).  I hope the amendments - especially Kontrol - change the sound sig quite a bit, because (for me) sonically, they were all quite a bit inferior to the Alfa Genus the way they are now.  Fingers...
My review of the Alfa Genus is up.   http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus/reviews/11243   Will be interesting to compare notes eventually.
Hi Joe Downloaded and installed.  Have manually set up a play list - here's a snippet: It's pretty basic. All my files contain FLAC tags that are meticulous.  My folder structure is:Artist > Album > Songs Song naming structure is track order on album track title EG Alter Bridge\One Day Remains\06 Broken Wings The playlist so far has about 50 tracks - and utilises both TF1 and TF2 IssuesI update media library - but the playlist still does not appear under "Play By...