Posts by Brooko

Well done Bob.   Expecting new filters for the Techne to arrive either today or tomorrow. I will update my review once they do.
Thanks Kevin and Yudi.  Lachlan - you're up next :)
I should have a review sample by Tuesday or Wednesday (hopefully) - so review coming.
 As long as the IEM is in the same position each time - it doesn't matter as its all relative.  The actual calibrated meter is way more sensitive and accurate compared to the iPhone as well.  The mics on the iPhone could be out by more than 1-2 dB in comparison. But any volume matching is better than none 
 Has an amplifier circuit - I just want to attenuate to volume match.  Nothing else in the circuit is desirable.
 Agree James - the Titan is one of those audio diamonds which has no right to sound as good as it does, considering the very low cost (much like most Fiio products really)  If you wnat to try another great earphone that pairs really well with your DAPs - check out the Trinity Delta.  Only 10 hours to go on the Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/157887895/trinity-audio-engineering-audiophile-grade-in-ear) It is in the same bracket - sonics, build quality, and...
 Yep - that was my issue with using an iPhone to test SPL.  Too hard to make sure the positioning of earphones wouldn't move. With the SPL meter I have now (I have a small paper tube designed to perfectly fit the IEMs), it's no longer an issue. Nice on the 18 kHz mate.  I can hear it - but have to turn the volume up to do it :(  And I hear pretty much nothing at ~15 kHz - that's where my tinnitus lives. Thank goodness there is virtually nothing important musically at that...
 I'm guessing the switch controls the throughput of the inputs.  So if you have 4 headphones plugged you're controlling the inputs only (the outputs are all being fed the same signal).  Makes sense.  Now if each of those headphone out sockets had a small volume pot - that would be the ideal switcher I think ......
Nice Adam!   In an ideal world I'd love 3 inputs (switchable) and 3 output jacks - so you could A/B 3 sources at a time (one set of headphones), or 3 headphones (through one source).   The really ideal situation would be to have a volume attenuator on each headphone out (so you could volume match) - but I'm not sure how that would affect things like noise etc (ie would it overall affect the validity of any testing?).
 Igor - I'd definitely be interested.  Let me know how much the parts are, and I can chip in for your time and freight as well. On the portable tube amp - the only one I've ever tried was the PortaTube from GoVibe. It was a sensational sounding unit - and I'd have held onto it if it wan't so expensive.  Zero ringing on the one I owned. Here was my impressions - just remember this was 4 years ago and I hadn't had much experience as a reviewer...