Posts by Brooko

Have a look at RockJaws line. For a single signature, the Arcana V2 sounds like it might be close to what you are looking for. If you want the ability to "tune the sound", then the Alfa Genus has exchangeable filters. Old versions didn't have mic/button cable - but understand the new ones do. You can PM @RockBob on this board for more info.
 Look at the first post of this thread (under "Other Tools").  Links to software and instructions.
So still looking then huh.  Thought the fact that Lachlan's one was already balanced might have been just a bit too tempting .....
 Surprised you haven't jumped on this yet  - http://www.head-fi.org/t/743551/aus-balanced-beyerdynamic-t1-800-aud  Prebalanced ........
 They are a great contrasting headphone to the Sennheisers.  More linear (880), brighter, and faster.  My favourite 3 cans for a long time were the 3 former flagships - HD600, DT880 and K701. Eventually that became HD600 and T1.  If I could afford it, I'd add the K812 as well .......  
 Also consider the Audio-gd NFB15 or NFB-11
 Not what I encountered.  Black was darker and smoother. Silver definitely more treble oriented / brighter (HD650).  Can't say I noticed anything between old and new HD600.  Again black might be smoother (memory) - but never got the chance to A/B black and silver HD600s side by side. 
 Check my review Peter - yes it is possible.  Comfort might depend on your ear shape though ...... Review : http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12309 Pics :  Cable down (normal) Over ear (works fine for me)
I use Sony Isolation tips at the moment, and they seem to fit OK.  Need to stretch them a bit - but OK when on.
I was actually very surprised.  The first time I A/B'd years ago - hte HD600 was definitely a lot brighter, and the HD650 a lot bassier - my memory is for a greater difference.   When I did it earlier this year (both silver driver screen), the two were a lot closer.   The difference was more in the treble than the bass.  The really nice thing about the HD650 though is the impression of a very black background - I think this is where you might egt the comments about the...