Posts by Brooko

Output power should be roughly the same (E17K vs X3ii) Both deliver >200 mW into a 32ohm load.  E17K specs don't show output into 16 ohm or 300 ohm unfortunately. FTR - the X3ii drives even my 300 ohm HD600 quite well by itself.
Yep - Bob definitely looking after us poor kiwis and ozzies.   So - you've had a few days with yours now Mark - favourites yet?

No need to apologise - I din't state it clearly enough  The X1 is warmer than the X3ii.  Most (if not all) reviews I've read so far agree with this.  So the X3ii is leaner, and more neutral than the X1. To me, tonally the X3ii and X5 are pretty close.  The difference is in overall refinement - where the X5 is a little smoother and gives a slightly grander sense of space (instruments stand out a little more).  The difference is noticeable - but not large. My X1 gets very...
 I haven't found a way to so far. I still find the way of making playlists on the X5 quite cumbersome - and usually just make them externally now, and then use folder view to activate them.
Can I suggest that all of this OT stuff be taken to PM.  Back to the X5 ......
From Bob earlier today - "I will be shipping worldwide on the KS and will be a flat rate of £8.00 for any destination outside of the United Kingdom. That is insured and tracked."
It's not as warm as the X1 - most reviews agree that so far.  Personally I think its pretty tonally similar to the X5.   If you've heard either of those DAPs, that should give you a start point.
Another update from Bob (regarding initial orders via KS)   he will be shipping worldwide on the KS campaign, and it will be a flat rate of £8.00 for any destination outside of the United Kingdom. That is insured and tracked.
 Not source dependent to me - I've used them with X1, X3ii, X5, PONO, and iPhone 5S.  Sounded great with all of them.