Posts by Brooko

BS - this thread ring any bells (http://www.head-fi.org/t/42667/audible-differences-in-copper-vs-silver-cables/)  Again - can we leave the cable claims out of it.
 OK - so you want bass impact without it being overly dark or cloyingly warm.  Now we're getting somewhere. The A83 is reasonably well balanced with a mild V, quite a fulls ounding mid-range, and I find it has good clarity.  Fit is very tip dependent.  I use Complys and get excellent seal and fit.  Some struggle with it.  Ergonomically theya re a shallow fit - but I find them very comfortable.  they won't isolate as well as the Shures because of the dynamic driver (it is...
 Not taking anything away from Fiio - I love their players - but the ratings system is generated from a combination of number of reviews and average score.  If you want to have the highest rating - get a lot of reviews.  Hence the reason review tours are such a good idea  Proof of point - look at the straight Headphones category - ranking =HD650 HD600 M50 HD800  M50 - really?  Better than HD800?  And where are the other flagships?  Where is the T1 (which at around $700...
I'm with Mark on this one.  Although I'd love more battery life - at the moment I pretty much use them for walking or gym work - so the 4 hours is OK.  I'd prefer them to work on comfort over battery life at the moment.  Same everything else - but in an S5 shell, and I'd be a lot happier. 
Important to realise APTX is just a codec.  Evidently its a good one - but googling other reports (mainly around Apple) suggests that there is little advantage for Apple over using A2DP.  Main reasons seem to be that A2DP transmits AAC natively - so these no need for further compression or encoding/decoding.  And AAC (from tests a lot of people have done - including myself) is pretty much audibly transparent with redbook at levels of aac256 and above.   Many claim APTX...
If you're looking for bass - forget the SE425.  It's a wonderfully neutral IEM - but with not much extension at either end.  I'm tempted at some stage to repurchase them (they were one of my first IEMs - nostalgia).  Wth EQ, they really suited my tastes.   If you want something really quite smooth and bassy - with ergonomics similar to the Shure series  - try the RHA T10i.  I really disliked them (overly warm and bassy) - but a lot of people do like them.   If you can...
Your Location(city and Country ) Invercargill, New Zealand   Your headphones Full list is here (past and present) - http://www.head-fi.org/u/170914/brooko Main full sized at the moment = Beyer T1, Senn HD600 Main IEMs - Fidue A83, Altone 200, DUNU Titan, Trinity Delta, Alclair Curve   Your music player For portable - X5, X3ii, X1, iPhone 5S, LP5 (if it's back from it's tour in time) For transportable - X5 or X3ii into an iFi Micro iDSD   The headphone amplifier you have...
Well he hasn't stated what sort of sound sig he wanted - so probably too early to say anything is better until we know his preferences .... don't you think?
Oh and with the SE535 you'll get more extension both ends - but bass will be less in quantity, much higher in quality.  Mids are very smooth, very lush, quite forward in the mix.  Treble is a bit rolled off with the standard SE535 - you get more with the SE535 Ltd Ed.
Lets not get into a cable debate OK?   I've tried several with my equipment - and in double blind volume matched tests I hear no difference.  If you do - fine - congrats - lets leave it.  No-one has proven (ie no documented controlled tests) that there are major differences.  If you want to debate it - take it to Sound Science.  Lets leave it out of the forums please.   Anyway - what are you looking for in the change from the SE215's.  If you can describe what you...