Posts by Brooko

OK - interesting   I wasn't actually commenting on the "if it is possible".  I was simply saying that there would never be a reason to use more than one of the ports at a time (IMO)
Thanks anyway - just trying to understand this a little more.
Thanks H20.  When you guys compare - are you volume matching the output with an SPL meter?  I've been doing the recently for any reviews I'm doing - and noticing that perceived differences suddenly get a lot smaller ....   I just wish I had an O-scope to also use in a comparison.  Would be nice to see how two different DAPs actually measure (freq) from 20-20K under the same load.
Hello lads - a quick question - especially for the likes of Arly, Lee, H20, and Eke - who've heard multiple DAPs.   I've noticed a lot of reviews (and I'm only talking about DAPs here) often reference imaging and sound stage.  This continually puzzles me.  My understanding (unless we're merely talking about crosstalk implementation) is that sound-staging especially is mainly influenced by the actual recording itself, and how it is miked.  If done properly, then...
 Bowei I'm going through your reviews at the moment - and I'm a bit puzzled with one bit of info.  You commented regarding the crowding of the top ports and called it a potential issue.  I could be a 'little thick' here - but bear with me:If you're using the headphone out - you won't be using a plug in either the line out or coax out sockets (there is no point) If you're using the line out (ie to an amp) - you won't be using a plug in either the headphone out or coax out...
NZT - I'd be fine with an entry fee. $20 per person / couple is nothing really in overall scheme of things. Another idea is to have a raffle. Vendors may be able to chip in. If you were going the raffle route - I could bring up a couple of boxed IEMs for a start .....
Sorry H20 - no longer have the X5 - but there was absolutely no problem with volume or dynamics even on low gain. HD600 is actually not that hard to drive .......
You'd only need an amp for harder to drive cans. Even the HD600 is fine driven straight from the X5. It was one of the cans I used extensively with the X5 for my own review.
It's a digital out. It works. What do you mean by quality?For the record - I did test it, and it worked fine. No signs of noise or drop-outs. It was in my review.
I own both and have also owned the SRH840. IMO you described the HD600 more than the DT880