Posts by Brooko

Don't give up. Here's what your file should look like:  And that's it. I did notice that you spelled Primordial Lanscape - instead of Primordial LandscapeSo check your spelling just in case. And you file has to have an .m3u extension - so it should be called schooldaze.m3u Try that and see if it works  
Oh, don't worry - I get it.  I just wanted to put it in perspective.  One or two still make a huge fuss over it, and I agree it should be fixed.  I just find it slightly overkill personally.  I've had the X5 some considerable time now, and there are still a large number of  albums on it that I haven't played yet, and probably won't get to it for some considerable time yet.   The idea of we must have it otherwise I won't have enough to listen to when I'm away for X...
Oh - I have no problem with there being differences.  We know without doubt that there are differences between aac256 and FLAC for instance.  They can easily be shown / measured.   My issue is - are they audible by humans? (and each individual should be investigating that themselves to determine their own threshold IMO).   Sadly - that is where the disagreement is.  And even sadder - the ones that claim to hear the differences (especially those that claim differences...
 I know it's no excuse - because I'd also like to see Fiio fix the 5800 limit - but I was fascinated with your comment.  On my unit: - all tracks in FLAC - utilising 1 x 128Gb micro SD + 1 x 1/2 full 64 Gb micro SD - 5066 tracks, 388 albums (quite a few are double albums too) - total playing time (all tracks) = 356 hours Even if I listened to music 12 hours of every day (and personally I can't see anybody really doing that on holiday) - I'd have to be away an entire month...
Again - in order to make any test as foolproof as possible, the first thing we have to do is take away any outside influences (sight, volume differences, switching differences etc).  Then we have to make the test repetitive.  It's no use getting it right once - we have to show we can do it statistically the majority of the time (high 90%) in order to be relevant.   As AIFF and WAV are both outputting the same bitperfect pcm file - I fail to see how anyone could tell the...
Try sending a PM to this guy - http://www.head-fi.org/u/391817/beyer1924   Esra has been brilliant to deal with so far, and is an exemplary example of how good beyerdynamic's service is in reality (ie very good!) 
You have to open the playlist from within folder view.  Although you create it manually - it doesn't appear in the playlist list (which is a PITA).  Fiio is aware of the issue.   Try browsing to the actual playlist file in folder view and opening it. 
I have a LD MKIV and used it with the DT880 600ohm (when I owned it), and I use it now with the 600 ohm Beyer T1.  With the T1, I rarely get past about 30-40 on the pot (and it goes up to 100).  Great voltage, good current.  The LD has no problem driving a 600ohm load.   Are you actually dealing with someone from beyerdynamic (I've found their people to be really good), or are you dealing with an agent or dealer?
Even when encoding, although you are using the same source file, the encoder itself will often have the transcoded file at a slightly different volume level to the original.  And as you're aware, even 0.5 dB difference is enough to tell two files apart if your hearing is reasonably acute.  So that's issue number one.  The second issue is using the iPod to A/B - it doesn't have the software to do it.  The easiest way is as per my guide - Foobar 2000 + abx comparator + built...
Didn't violate the TOS - was simply asking how you did the test   The fact that you couldn't volume match, or run several iterations (so it wasn't a fluke), and that it wasn't done blind is telling - and explains the differences (at least to me anyway): If you ever get the chance to do it properly, let me know as I'd be really interested to hear how you end up.  Genuine request - not trying to be a PITA