Posts by Brooko

@ ogmz   Yr P1 - Shuffling Unfortunately no easy way to do this especially with the number of songs you have.  Only way I can think of is using playlists (1 for TF1, 1 for TF2 and 1 for both).  But as you say, doing this means you're going to have to wait while they load into memory for the first time.  And with the number of tracks you have, you're going to get delays.   Yr P2 - SE535 Ltd Ed SQ Used to own these.  X5 has no problems with them at all.  They don't need...
Yes - would be nice if (after scanning) the playlists were actually added to the playlist category.   Easiest way to make them handy is to put a folder on called /aa-playlists.  It will always appear at the top, and be easier to access via folder view. 
No.  Silver one is darkest.  Ebony is brightest.  "Gold" one sits nicely in between the two - but is slightly darker than my day to day IEMs (Altone200, Fidue A83).  This is not a bad thing, and will probably suit mainstream buyers a lot more.  It also means the upper end is quite smooth and non-fatiguing.
They're a little darker than some of the IEMs I've been listening to lately (Altone200 and Fidue A83), but treble is pretty smooth, and vocals are nice and clear.  Bass is where it should be. Genuinely enjoyable, relaxed listening experience.   Balanced (but warmish) is a good word to describe them.
New filters just arrived.  Pics will have to wait until later this evening.  I have the Alga Genus in my ear right now.   Dayummmm!   Bob - you knocked this one out of the park.  Perfect balance between the two other filters.   I'll make sure I rewrite the whole review - but I first need to finish the A83 review I'm currently working on.   Anyway - for anyone considering buying the Alfa Genus - the new filter makes these a must buy for the money. 
 Amos You can either put them in the root directory, or make a folder for them.  To actually get at them and activate the list, you need to use folder browsing though.  Browse to the directory you put the playlist in and select it as if you were doing it for a song.  It works great - it just doesn't show up in their "playlist" category.
 From any of the lock screens - simply "tap" the side volume buttons.  You have to do it in short taps rather than push and hold - as long pushes actually change the tracks instead.  Short taps change the volume.  It's easy to do once you get a bit of practise.   Please ignore the comments regarding SQ changes from firmware to firmware.  I asked Joe and James to comment, and it was confirmed that they have made no changes to anything (like codecs or EQ) that would affect...
 OK  - you were confusing me when you mentioned 35dB of distortion Again I ask - have you actually heard these.  I have a set sitting right in front of me. If you haven't heard them - then all you're doing is quoting numbers off a graph, and have no idea really what they sound like.  Comparatively - joker's comparison (which I linked) has far more meaningful content. I've heard plenty of headphones that didn't measure too well - but actually sounded pretty good.
  Distortion?  Are you talking about the frequency response? I also take it you haven't heard them ....... EDIT - just saw joker added them to his list of triple hybrid brief comparisons ..... http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-dunu-dn-2000-fidue-a83-t-peos-altone200-sony-xba-h3-triple-driver-hybrids-compared/
 The key word in the context of my statement is "reliable".  Yes our auditory system is extremely sensitive, but when taken in conjunction with the information our brain gives us, we can hardly say that in the context of this discussion, what we hear is reliable. I often quote an example of how our brain adapts to sound over a time period - from when I had my SR325i and HD600.  Listen to the SR325i for a couple of hours until I'm accustomed to it's signature, and they...