or Connect

Posts by Brooko

Nothing alike - I reviewed them. http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a71-dual-dynamic-drivers-hi-fi-earphones/reviews/12120 Back then I was a little more lenient with my grading. Today I would only give them 2.5 or at most 3/5
Nah - I'm just genuinely curious. Had someone suggest that the Fidue Sirius was over priced, and they intimated there were other 5 driver hybrids that would be as good or better. I put two and two together, and found this thread. Now I want to try them and see if the hype is justified. And I'm hardly a super reviewer - just one more data point in a sea of data. I am really curious about how they measure though. Some say they are bassy, others say balanced, doesn't seem...
Accessories yes - but build or fit? Again each to their own - I'm just really surprised you posted so quickly especially as you own them (so no constraints). To give you an example of fit, I'm still adjusting to the Fidue Sirius a week after getting them. If I posted a review within a few hours I'd have made some huge mistakes compared to how I feel about them now. Maybe I'm just slow adjusting .....
 Check to make sure its not the recording rather than the IEMs. If it isn't the recording, a good way to check the IEM's is to play a sine sweep through each earpiece, and make sure they are in sync. Also might pay to check your cables are connected properly and are both in phase.
Interesting IEM.  Had a couple of people already ask me if I'd be reviewing them.  Surprised no-one has actually measured them yet to see how they really stack up.   Anyway @AudioDHD - I see you're up North a bit.  I'm in Invercargill.  If you're prepared to go without your pair for a week, then I'd swap something of mine with you.  A week would give me enough time to measure, listen, evaluate, and maybe write something up with appropriate comparisons. Then we just swap...
 Still not here yet mate.  And I really need to finish the P1 and Lyra first (among others).
 I hope its OK - but I'd like to address a couple of these points with my own opinion  While I can understand why you would want this, and I agree it does help to provide balance - I don't necessarily agree with it.  I can't see why an owner would give a less biased or more accurate review.  From what I understand (and I know you covered this in your opening statement), Fidue deliberately restricted this to only a handful of reviewers - at least two of them I absolutely...
Considering most of us have only had the Sirius for a little over a week - I'm actually pretty pleased that there haven't been too many reviews so far.  It means that people are testing them properly. One thing that grates me is a reviewer getting an item and then posting a review within 2-3 days of receiving it. I mean seriously - how can you evaluate something properly if you don't take some time with it .....
 Top right - next to highlighted button "Sign In" Click the download button :)
They are a V shaped IEM - but you are comparing to the Havi B3 Pro1 (which I also used to own).  So if you are used to the Havi - you are used to a very bass light or bass flat or bass neutral IEM (choose your descriptor )   My advice - stop using your Havi for a week - use the Altone 200 exclusively - and then see if feel the same way.  I'm betting you just need to give your ears a chance to adjust.