or Connect

Posts by Brooko

Oh please no.  If you want brighter - use EQ.  Keep making the DAPs the way you always have FiiO - neutral.  let people colour them to their own tastes.
 Yes it is - he's talking about ROM and the SOC - and last time I checked the only thing with 200 Gb capacity is the actual external storage - which is essentially useless for onboard software ..... 
 Well considering I haven't actually heard the final version yet - no-one has but Bob - it's kind of difficult .........
And that is where I leave this thread.  If you're not going to engage properly - "I think, I feel, I believe" - in an actual science thread?   I'll go back to my original question - which of course you won't answer: "find a real world example where the difference actually exists, and is actually audible"   In other words - I want two files from the same master - where there is an audible difference after volume matching - one FLAC, one WAV   Remember the actual topic...
 I'll see how I go this weekend. Sabres were good with the Gun-metal.  For my personal taste, they are brilliant with the Purple.  I'll have to measure these now as I could swear when listening today that there is quite a bit of difference between the filters wrt bass (more than you've had previously with Atlas) - I could be wrong - still getting over head cold. I can see now why you think Sabre is the sleeping giant in the collection.
My experience mirrors Castle's.  Never freezes.  Fully functional.   My files are meticulously tagged though, the card was formatted in the X1, and maybe I've just been lucky.  But I'd expect if your issue was "common" there would be a lot more posts about it.   The only issue I have really is that the wheel is very loose now.  Still OK to navigate though.  I use it a lot and it is my actual unit (bought and paid for).  Might even contact FiiO and pay to get it fixed....
Have you tried different micro SD, reset library, and checked to see if it is still erroring?Have you tried reflashing the firmware?If you tried both of above - have you contacted either the reseller or FiiO directly for help?Reason I ask is that it appears to be your unit - and repeatedly commenting on freezing won't be helping you find a solution, nor reflecting the experience the majority are having.
Bob - I'm an idiot.  Still have the Sabres - and just noticed that there was an included plastic pouch inside the courier envelope with the filters.  Questions:   Is the tuning on the finals the same as for my prototype? Are the filters what you were running with?   If answer to both of above is yes - do you want me to formally review the prototype?
 I haven't heard them yet - but I'm really confused - and wondering why the graph actually says these have great upper mids, but you're claiming they're not. The upper mid-range starts from just after 1 kHz - and it is precisely in the 2-3 kHz range where the Nova has a slight rise.  It's only about 2.5 dB - but its exactly this frequency range which gives air and sweetness to female vocals.  The range at 3.5-4.5 has virtually no effect on vocals and its an area a lot of...
 Sorry - not likely to get the chance to try Aether (I'm many 1000s of kms from the makers - and they don't know I exist ), and I'll wait to hear the Nova eventually when it goes on tour.