or Connect

Posts by Brooko

I agree on the 535 being warmer - but that is more due to the 535's treble roll-off.  Wish I still had my 535 to do a side-by-side.  Do you have both still, and is there any way you can measure them?  I have the P1 with me now, and going from memory I'd be guessing that the P1's bass is stronger than the 535 (but memory can be hazy so don't take that as gospel).  535's bass was always one of the best things about it IMO - lean, tight, well extended and very linear. I need...
 Don't take it that I was trying to shoot you down - OK   Whne the comment was made about the HD600 I had to step in.  People will be making buying decisions based on what is said - and being a long time owner of the HD600, and having the Sabre with me now, I just want to make sure people are aware of what is real, and what is simply excitement about a new product. Whilst I have the Sabre (and I'm pretty sure this is the final tuned model), I only have the one filter - so...
Jupiter was never bass light - it's bass was one of the best things about it IMO.
 Sorry - it's nowhere near the HD600.  I don't know of any IEM that is, and expecting that sort of with and depth is a bit unrealistic with a sealed IEM. It's a reasonably spacious sounding earphone, but it's not the width of stage or the depth which is the strong point.  The stage is probably about average for a good IEM. And that should actually tell you it is above average overall. It's strength lies more in its imaging, and very clear spatial cues. And I 'm actually...
You guys are in for a treat.  They are wonderful headphones IMO.
Did you dampen them and adjust the signature Grace?
 Have you actually tried it with an iPhone - or are you just guessing (again)? They are only 64 ohm, and the sensitivity should be around 110-115 db/mW.  Both me actually powering with an iPhone and listening to them, and also basic math - suggests you're wrong.
Yes it is 4 separate channels from jack to connectors - so you could reterminate for balanced.
 With due respect to some of the other posters - I have the Monk+, my iPhone 5S, and an X1 + HVA (hybrid valve amp) in front of me. Playing same track - iPhone is at around 40-45% for comfortable listening volume.  The two combos sound a bit different.  The Tube amp brings out maybe a little more low end - but it is slight - not night and day - and is simply because it is the signature of that particular amp. Both set-ups sound fantastic with the Monk+.  My preference for...
 Haven't heard either. But then according to that analogy - surely the SE846 must be superior to the FLC8S More expensiveMore driversMore tech (in the bass port) See what jumping to illogical conclusions does? To someone who absolutely loves the KZ tonality and fit, it may well be superior (for them) to the K10. All this talk about FCL8S having better mids, or better bass, or better treble (or whatever) is just very funny when: - it is variable based on which filter you...