Posts by Brooko

It's a digital out. It works. What do you mean by quality?For the record - I did test it, and it worked fine. No signs of noise or drop-outs. It was in my review.
I own both and have also owned the SRH840. IMO you described the HD600 more than the DT880
And you didn't answer my post .....I've done the volume matched blind tests, and although I know I can't tell lossless from AAC256 (ripped / transcoded from same master), I could definitely tell the Studio V3 from my iPhone 4. And I prefer the Studio (although the iP4 is still IMO a fantastic source).So please list the audiophile DAPs you've extensively heard, the DAPs you've compared them to, and under what conditions - so that I can understand the assertions you're...
If you like that one try his "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House". The combination of his performance and the acoustics of the venue is stunning.
I was one of the audiophile grade DAP doubters - bit that was before I got the chance to hear the Studio V3 or the X5. Have to admit - despite my skepticism, I'm now a convert. My V3 does sound better (and before anyone asks - it was volume matched with my iP4 with an spl meter - and my wife helped me with the switching). Why did I go to the hassle of doing it - because I had to know for myself. H20 - I'm with you. Would love to see better firmware for the V3 - but...
 Again - if they weren't from the same source - then you're listening to different masterings.  Follow the link I left you.  The software is all free.  All it takes is time.  The truth is there is you really want to find it  
 I must be a masochist - I loved the 325i.  Mine was a DIY full woody - which I sold and subsequently worked my way up to the RS1.  The RS1 were wonderful - but somehow didn't give me the raw excitement of the 3252i.  Sold the RS1 - and perhaps will go back eventually to the 325.  It's a can you either love or hate ....
 I guess so - not something I'd thought of trying.  You'd have to be an expert at EQ to try and imitate the HD600's tone and timbre portrayal though - if indeed it could be emulated.  Better to have both and then you can alternate the strengths of each as the mood takes you 
What you are likely comparing is either two different masterings - OR improperly volume matched files. When transcoded - there is often a volume difference introduced between the original and the output.If you are really interested in testing yourself (blind abx so that you can take placebo out of the equation) - have a read through this link .....http://www.head-fi.org/t/655879/setting-up-an-abx-test-simple-guide-to-ripping-tagging-transcoding
 I'm hearing you mate :) Reminds me - next job is to turn my Beyer back into a removable and more user-friendly cable (min-xlr socket).  A little fiddly - but keeps me in practise.