Posts by Brooko

Gents I think this one has run its course and see no reason for it to continue. It's only going around in circles and it is clear you're not going to get any meaningful data fro the OP. Locking. Thanks for contributing. S-M, that last post was brilliant.
New firmware - just ran a full media update.  64Gb card - all my tracks are aac256 (its completely transparent to me so that's why I use it).  Card was formatted in a FiiO device - FAT32.  I'll retry exfat at a later date.  All artwork has been removed from tags and exists as single jpeg in each folder.   Still scanned every file (6511) - but scan took 23 minutes.  An improvement on last time - but the X5iii one the same card takes around 4 minutes.   Tried connecting...
 I'm pretty sure I missed no point - you definitely missed mine though.  You asked questions about what you read - but you seem to be taking what they've said as gospel.  When things are pointed out to you - and examples given (discussion about SACD etc) - you immediately ask for data.  But you don't seem keen to supply any forms of testing yourself.  It is the responsibility of the person making the claim to back up any assertions.  As soon as people start talking about...
Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend. When I get back I'll update - and probably start the review (I've left it long enough now).  I'll get back to you with thoughts.
[Mod Comment]   Hi guys.  Removed some content already. Just a little reminder .....   Keep it on topic Lets remove the accusations of trolling.  If you don't want to respond - then don't be part of the thread.  Its your choice to participate or not. Windows X - instead of always asking others to do the objective tests - how about you do it?  Then present your results. Just asking a question - then debating when others with more knowledge reply is not exactly...
Received reply from Martin
LOL Micah - I ended up getting balanced working and was able to measure.http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-dacamp-l1/reviews/17781Anyone who suggests that single ended cannot power the CL1 properly either has a broken L1 or is fooling themselves. Check my review. Check the measurements. Power output is practically the same. Oh and frequency doesn't change either. Did you get a defective unit?
Thanks - I actually found the Linum Vocal - which at 4.5 ohm might actually be a good option for the U6.  Not sure if 4.5 ohm will make that mush difference - but if it eliminates an adaptor and is durable and comfortable - might be worth a shot.
 Yep - and there is the reason why you test :)  Not only could the frequency be changed, but also the volume (when using the cable).  The next step would be to measure the change in frequency response and also the change in volume.  Sometimes you'll find that change in frequency response is so small as to be negligible - but the change in volume might be 2-3 dB (which is very noticeable).  If it is simply volume then you'd get the same/similar sonic effect by staying with...
 It may very well be different - what I'd like is for someone to measure the relative impedance of the copper and Therium, and that way we'd know why there are sound changes. The reason I am sceptical is because similar claims were made when the MEE P1 came out. So I measured the cables - and the difference was impedance.  Result was with one cable there was a 2dB difference.  Because it was a dynamic driver with flat impedance profile - by properly volume matching - you...