or Connect

Posts by Brooko

Bob A - I tried Sabre's filters with the Techne and Atlas tonight.  They fit really well - all except my "special" pair of Atlas (must be a very slight defect in one of the threads. I'm going to try and "refit/rescrew" it with an old pair of filters later.   But yeah - the Sabre filters should fit really well with your Techne.  Should make a world of difference to fit too (the longer stem).   Paul
I'll check the filters tonight - and get back to you.   But I can answer as follows.   Of the filters so far - if it isn't damped, then it only affects the bass.  If it is damped then it is the upper mid-range and bass.   99% sure that the skinnier filters should fit: Techne Atlas Sabre
[Mod Comment]   I've just deleted a bunch of posts that were taking the thread off topics and bordering on personal attacks.  Can we stop it now please.  Get back to talking about the Phantom series.   One more request - I've noticed a few posters who periodically drop in with slogans like "In Bob We Trust" and nothing actually helpful or related to the topic at hand.  Can you stop this now please. This is not a political rally - and I'm betting Bob is probably as...
Actually I went for an hour walk this morning (temp was about -3C at 6.00 am so there is dedication for you) - I've put on a bit of beef lately and need to start looking after myself. I took the Atlas - its been my go-to if I'm doing anything strenuous. In my review I spoke about a "special" I was sent - reduced bass.  it's quite vocal centric - a bit like DUNU's T3.  Anyway - long story short - it still has the ability to impress me every time I use it. Is it TOTL? No....
Congratulations - you've just found a reviewer you can no longer trust as accurate. Note how none of the reviews on Head-Fi state anything like that. The last thing I would be doing is comparing Atlas to either the 2000J or FLC8S. Personally I wouldn't pick either as comparable. In my subjective opinion both are subjectively better than Atlas technically. However if you are looking purely for a sports earphone - I'd probably pick Atlas over the other two for a combo of...
Who on earth rated it better than 2000J or FLC8S? And again that is just one persons viewpoint. All a review constitutes is an opinion. You need to evaluate whether that reviewer has an opinion you can consistently trust
Again - you seem to have a misconception with the word "better". I'd suggest you are also caught up a little in the hype that goes on with many threads. Note that with most of this hype - it is perpetuated by a few, and most of them have not heard the products they are hyping. This is human nature - to expect something newer to be better. In my experience this is not always the case. My advice - find a good reviewer whose opinion you can trust (ie matches your own),...
They are different models. Better or not is up to the individual - it is preference, and everyone's idea of better will be different. An example is Delta 2 vs Atlas. Atlas is more expensive and was released later. Personally (for my tastes) I find Delta V2 to be "better". Others will have different opinions.So I'm not sure where you are going with this.
Do you really think the difference is due to distortion though - when both players have readings below the level of audibility.
Except FiiO's numbers are understated (they always do that) - so not best case, and you're looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. And unfortunately - like a lot of people - you're reading specs and aiming for the bigger (or in this case smaller) number - regardless of whether it makes a difference. To take your car analogy - you're asking for acceleration of 0-500 km/h and top speed of mach 1 - even though you could never use it in a real world...