Posts by Brooko

I'm assuming you mean X5 or X5ii - as the X5iii (3rd gen) has only been released in China.   Nope - thats an opinion.  A valid one for you perhaps - but still its a subjective opinion   Can you please confirm that you actually owned, or have heard the new X5iii (3rd gen) - as otherwise, you appear to be in the wrong thread.
 Please explain. From Chris's post (unless I have it all wrong), he found some FiiO gear on the grey market.  He emailed them to let them know, and so far hasn't received a reply or thank-you. Perhaps a couple of things to take into account:It's Chinese New Year - everyone goes on holiday, the place basically shuts down. Perhaps they haven't had the chance to address the issue yet because of "1". General  Now lets look at the other issue (the "friend" bit - where it...

So you sat down and A/B'd each of these DAPs with the X5iii to write up this comparison  Sorry guys - by his own omission Ric heard the X5iii briefly in a store.  I'd take any of these comparisons with a rather large grain of salt.
To my ear, when volume matched - they sound more alike than different.  And it will depend on the amp module used in the X7 as to how different the tonality is. I haven't critically compared to all the X7 amps yet - but seems to be pretty close the the AM2 IMO.  I need more time with it though.
 Unfortunately the Andros were just a loaner.  I couldn't justify buying a pair - especially after buying the HD800S and ADEL U6 / new q-Jays in the last 12 months.  The Andros are pretty sensitive though - they hiss with just about everything.  It's pretty low-level with a lot of DAPs though. In reality, I can't hear hiss - my tinnitus masks it.  So normally I get my daughter to run tests (she has amazing hearing - the most sensitive I've ever seen).  Emma's normal...
 Yes - but you obviously didn't watch any of the videos that Greg or I posted.  Otherwise there is no possible way you could call them myths.  You know who you're talking about right - when you're suggesting these guys are wrong? Suggest you read Monty's Bio - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Montgomery and suggest again that he is wrong.  Because it'll be funnier the 2nd time.  This doesn't even make sense.  If its inaudible - it's inaudible.  I take it you didn't even...
 If you're really listening at the volumes you say you are - then hiss will be the least of your problems. And you shouldn't get hiss with the P1.  Its a 50ohm dynamic driver, and not sensitive enough to hear the noise floor at normal volumes.  What you are hearing is likely to be:Poor recording quality Onset of tinnitus Combination of both Yes - turn the volume down. Get an SPL meter - put your music at your normal listening volume and measure the output.  I guarantee the...
 Fixed that for you.  Can I assume that this is after at least 3-4 of hours use, and that you used same tracks on both devices, volume matched with an SPL meter, and actually A/B'd the two?  Or was it done at store level, in less than ideal conditions, with no volume matching, and perhaps not directly A/B'ed against the AK at the time (and in a very short time frame)?  Just getting the parameters correct - because I do believe they are important  I haven't heard the AK -...
 Depends on the actual output into 50 ohm load - it could be very different.  But I'd imagine you are listening at massively loud volumes.  I'd really suggest turning it down (IIRC earlier you talked out getting headaches?). I fear the advice will fall on deaf ears though (soon quite literally). I was just pointing out the actual measurable volume using the P1 and a comparable source to the one you quoted.  You can use something far less powerful, and I would really...