Posts by Brooko

Agree - I found no distortion - but @lookingforIEMs does seem to be listening to the X5 at significantly louder levels than I would generally listen to an IEM.  For the record (from my notes when using the T10i), I was generally at or around 30-40/120 on low gain.   I wonder if he had the EQ engaged on the X5?   Also for it to fall out like that, I'd question whether he's actually achieving a good seal .....
 I'd agree with the first 3 - haven't heard the black screened HD650, but understand it may have been a little darker than the new versions.  I will say that there is far less difference between the HD600 and HD650 than what I was expecting (and what I remembered from my early comparisons a few years ago).  The 600s definitely have more upper mid-range and lower treble presence, but Rizki's HD650 wasn't all that dark - and I could have easily lived with it.
 Different Lachlan. Personally I like Loquah's writing style a little better - but YMMV
 It's one part that's always struck me as funny - because comparing the T1 to HD800 (admittedly on my limited system) and the T1 always sounded cleaner and more vivid.  Just goes to show how untrustworthy our ears are :) Oh - and @headwhacker , just because some use tubes, doesn't mean the headphones have to sound overly coloured.  With the right tubes you still get clear, detailed and transparent.  I know I do with my LD MKIV - at least that is the way they've always...
Great review Lachlan.  I love your writing style.  
Seems the T10i are quite polarising - people either love them or are very lukewarm on the bassy signature.  Is till say the design is amazing. Can't wait to see a true reference tuning in that body though ......
Thanks for the explanation - you and I obviously have similar tastes in sound signature - and I can really appreciate where you are coming from with the HD600.   For someone on a tighter budget, I agree that the DT880 might be giving (at a guess) around 85% of what the T1 delivers.  Oh - but that last 15 or so % ....... I guess it depends on what you value.  I spent quite a bit of time with both, and for me there was no going back. I know that there will be many others...
 I'd disagree - and there-in lies the problem with objectivity in what ultimately is a subjective opinion .......
 Only if you don't take into account the law of diminishing returns, and it also depends on how you perceive value. I would find it extremely difficult now to give up the T1 and go back to the DT880. As a matter of interest - how much time did you spend with a T1 to make this objectively subjective summation? 
 Ahhh - but the T1 is so much more affordable nowadays.  Used you quite often see it going for $650-750.  For the resolution and refinement the T1 provides, that's an absolute steal IMO.  Anyway - to further tempt you ....... http://www.head-fi.org/t/727739/comparison-review-beyerdynamic-s-siblings-the-classic-dt880-vs-the-flagship-t1