Posts by Brooko

FiiO F1 review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-f1-dynamic-in-ear-monitors/reviews/18052
 Craig - you'll need to sign up for the hi-res offer to get off-line downloads I think.  It wouldn't work for me until I'd done it.
 Actually it also works in off-line mode with downloaded content.  FiiO asked me to test it, and it appears to be saving to the Micro SDXC too.  I need to test again but I'm pretty sure it is saving to the card.  As others have pointed out - they have a higher res option.  But for all my DAPS (portable use) I only use aac256.  I've tested myself extensively - its transparent to me.  Saves a lot of money on both purchases (I typically buy redbook FLAC), and micro SD...
[Mod Comment]   Before there is any more feedback.   The OP is simply trying to recover his costs - no more, no less. The costs include - original purchase price, shipping and insurance both ways, Paypal fees, and an extra cable If you are not interested in the sale - do not post.   @cs098 - good luck with your sale.
 I don't see anywhere that they claim it is better than ADEL.  Can you please link the post?
[Mod Comment]   I have just spent the best part of an hour cleaning up this thread - and I'm not particularly happy about it. There are a lot of what I would call senior members on this thread (Ie you've been here a while) - you should know better.   Opinions are opinions - as long as they are stated as an opinion and not fact - they should be respected. It is OK to have a difference of opinion.  it is not OK to insult someone by suggesting their hearing is bad,...
 I envy you having heard the 9's.   What are they like?
Personally I find the HD600 more realistic - but you'll notice that they share a common trait - slight mid bass hump (200 Hz to 1 kHz) as I pointed out earlier. And when you have a look at the K702 etc - you'll see the same slight mid-bass hump (smaller on the AKG). With the ES3 - it's pretty much dead flat through the upper bass and lower mid-range. There's the issue. But I'm just pointing it out. For electronic (which you were talking about earlier) the ES3 will be...
I think we're going to vehemently disagree so let's leave it there. Personally the ES3 is not an earphone I'd use for monitoring - unless you'd prefer the end result to be sub-bass light. And timbre/ realism when much of the overall fundamentals for timbre are in the 200hz - 1kHz range? This is precisely why the AKGs you mentioned were (and still are considered to be) reference headphones and were used for checking mixes post production.
 Neutral (for the most part) yes - but it has extra sub-bass and lower treble presence, so in that vein I'd call it slightly coloured.  Natural I'd disagree.  The ES3 is measurably extremely flat through the mid-bass and mid-range, but it doesn't have the slight mid-bass gentle bump which is a sign of a more natural sounding signature. I've also heard most of the AKG range (owned a few of them as well).  Personally I'd say the the ES3 sound quite a bit like the...