Posts by Brooko

1 = 6.3mm 2 = SMC 3 = 3.5mm 4 = XLR
Different - more resolving - bigger sound-stage. But also brighter, and the bigger soundstage is not necessarily better (for some music there is too much sense of distance).  I spent over a week with the HD800 at home on my own gear. Long term, I think I'd like to replace my T1 with either the HD800 or K812.  But I've decided that the one headphone which is not leaving  my possession any more is the HD600.  It's simply too good to let go.  You probably need to hear the two...
 If you're going to test the HD800 and even buy one, I wouldn't sell the HD600.  I have both it and the T1.  To be honest, the HD600 gets more head-time than the T1 - but its great having them both.
@CADCAM   Trinity Delta.  As soon as the Kickstarter orders are all shipped, Bob is going to offer a Head-Fi promo.  Don't know the details yet - but this might whet your appetite .....   http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-delta-dual-hybrid-iem/reviews/12845
Unless they're using the same master file - they will be different anyway.  And that has zero to do with bit-rate/container (or lossy vs lossless)
 I A/B'd in this case.  My wife was busy - so I didn't get the chance to do it blind.  I have a switcher though, so it is possible to have both sources practically seamless when comparing.  My expectation was for the differences to be quite large.  What I heard was less than I expected.  They were volume matched to within 0.1 dB.  But I'd be first to tell you that it wasn't a valid test since it was sighted. It is my honest opinion on what I heard though.  And I do think...
 Fiio recommends up to 150 ohms - but depending on the sensitivity, you could go higher (Fiio are conservative). I've found it drives my HD600 pretty well by itself. Rather than taking this thread off track - how about starting a new thread in this forum - http://www.head-fi.org/f/7840/introductions-help-and-recommendations Make sure you advise (in the new thread)You'd be using an X5ii - no amp Your genre preferences Any past experiences with headphones - what you liked,...
Need to keep this site away from my wife. Two favourite precious items are gold and sapphires. She says she has simple tastes - probably why she married me
Oh. - pretty They look nice in Gold.
OK - just found out you'e going from PC (straight from the MOBO rear ports) to Asgard to HD600 (read one of your previous posts)   Turn your Windows volume up.