or Connect

Posts by Brooko

That's your answer there. For me though - if they measured the same - it just means I can cross the reviewers who heard them as 5 star off my list of reviews I can refer to.  And they can cross me off theirs (possibly already have).  It means we have wildly varying tastes - which is possible, but more likely means that we would be unlikely to agree on what constitutes good.
Depends on the VE model - they all react differently to different covers.
 Very much worth it. You can experiment with different covers etc to get the sound that you like.
Try anything with well recorded female vocals - actually anything with well recorded vocals full stop.  Like listening with a towel over your head.   Again - unless there are different monitors out there (in which case the QC is lousy), then the frequency response clearly shows what is wrong with the QT5.  Fundamental ranges boosted, and harmonics in the mid-range cut.   My review lists a lot of the music I was listening to.
I'm afraid I can't really understand what you're asking me - if you can explain what you mean by aural experimentation, perhaps I can answer it.   If you mean I'm suggesting that beginners shouldn't review - I'm not saying that at all,  I think getting as many data points as possible is important to reach a consensus.  But I would say that having more experience lends a better sense of perspective over what you are reviewing - and where it sits against other things that...
 Jude and I had a good discussion on this last year during our long telephone call.  I just use raw data - but I would like more accurate raw data.  I know different people put different adjustments depending on equal loudness contours etc.  Originally I wanted to do that too - but there are so many different measurements being used, my preference is simply for consistency.  The only thing I'd like to get done is to eventually adjust my rig enough so that the raw...
Haven't measured yet - but sounds like its just the bass. These are a better tuning than I remember as well - although memory is never a really accurate judge.  Love the extra length on the filters too.  Been thoroughly enjoying them all afternoon so far.
 And this is why I want to get the others measured.  Its the only way we'll know the truth.
Sabres just arrived.  Wow the finished product is much better than the prototypes we tried - fit and finish is really good.  How the heck Bob maintains this sort of finish at these sort of prices continues to amaze me.   Early impressions - these would give the Delta V2 a run for their money.  Only had them in for an hour so far, and only using the purple filter - but I already really like these.  With the Purple filters it kind of reminds me a bit of the Titan 3 from...
And this is why I'd really like Carlsan and Paulus XII to get theirs measured.  Heck if it was me, I'd be falling over myself making sure that it happened ASAP so I could prove it was earphone variation.   HiFiChris is in Germany and has a Veritas - so he could measure Paulus XIIs if they are both willing - he just needs to measure them without his compensation applied - so that we are comparing apples with apples.  And there should be plenty of people in the US for...