Posts by Brooko

Can't compare with the DT990's but if you have heard the DT880s I can point you here for an in depth comparison:http://www.head-fi.org/t/727739/comparison-review-beyerdynamic-s-siblings-the-classic-dt880-vs-the-flagship-t1 It might help - especially if you've heard the DT880, At USD 650, I'd be grabbing the T1.  Deserved flagship status IMO - and at the moment the pricing is too good to say no.
 In your expanded folder structure - try looking at:\X5_FW2.2\x5\litegui\theme1\list\X5_FW2.2\x5\litegui\theme1\sys_set Pretty sure "list" icons are what is controlling the folder view Sys_set is the icon set for System Settings
Bob - assuming you will continue improving, I think your approach of getting the basics right first is the way to go.  A well built, non-microphonic fixed cable, which is sturdya nd has good strain relief is all we need for now.  And if you build a TOTL flagship in a year os so - go for the detachables then.   Good to see you posted the photos.  I was very tempted to slip in the snaps you showed me last night - but thought this time I should wait .  Really like the look...
You might want to take a look at this post (http://www.head-fi.org/t/725340/brainwavz-s5-iem-headphones-review/240#post_10711723)   Tinyman392 actually measured it.  Not wanting to "steal your thunder or anything" - but the frequency response (and people's impressions of it) was under hot debate a month ago.   FWIW - it correlates what many of us heard during our testing:  - boosted bass  - flatish mids, which sit a little in the background  - gentle rise in upper...
  I think the error is yours my friend.  The thread you are posting in is:REVIEW : Jaben's GoVibe Porta Tube Amp - Review Thread (ex demo)It has nothing to do with $60 headphones 
 I have two good pairs.  Both of mine are going strong - the 2nd pair (which I purchased) I only used for 10 minutes to check that the bass and everything else was OK. If you want a pair that is good - drop me a PM and we can talk about a sale.  I was going to keep both, but got introduced to a much more expensive hybrid recently (Fidue A83), and after listening to it, promptly purchased it (when will I learn ...).  It's a very neutral signature - but ticks all of my...
 Not sure who you're asking - but simple answer is that you won't get it for $60.  Cheapest I've seen it is 2nd hand (used) at around USD300.00 (and I'm still kicking myself for not buying at that level when I saw it!).  New it retails for USD 600-700.
DT880 and HD600 don't sound remotely similar IMO. Up until very recently I owned both and had both for an extended period of time (several years). The main reason I kept both was because of the contrasting sound.
 Thanks - appreciate it.  I haven't heard the the RBH EP2.  Funnily enough, you get not many hits on this site either - this is closest I got:http://www.head-fi.org/t/686725/rbh-ep2-are-these-really-the-best-200-earphones/15 Joker reviewed the RBH EP1 (with reference to the EP2) and found it to be OK for price (8/10).  Joker's score on the DN-1000 was 9/10. He really is the expert - but from what I've heard (and in your price range), I'd be considering the DN-1000 and/or...
 As I suggested above - if the changes adjust the frequency response (eg hardware eq, or impedance change) then the output will sound different.  If your aim is to do that - then by all means use an amp. Personally - if I need to change the freq I'll use the equaliser rather than carry the bulk on an amp around with me.  And as stated before, the X1 is under 1 ohm, so the need for correcting impedance is unlikely - so really speaking needing an amp depends on whether the...