Posts by Brooko

Comes down to preference.  HD600 is more natural sounding - and a bit airier.  I personally think it's more tonally correct. HD650 is a little darker, and warmer - more lush.
Interesting thoughts Eke. I tend to agree with you on a lot of things - but on this one I definitely can't. I still rate the Altone200 above the DN1000 and if it wasn't for the A83 it would still get most of my listening time.Might also be a good time to point those who're seeing Eke's comment as a definite "don't buy these"! - to also check out Joker's...
400s fit pretty good as far as the nozzles go.
 So what are you trying to suggest? Sorry - genuinely not sure of what you're trying to say here .......
 Burn in is quite a touchy subject.  Some people will swear you need it.  Others will suggest it has very little (if any) effect on headphones. I've never noticed any "burn-in" or "break-in" on any of the headphones I've owned - and believe perceived changes can be explained by:Our brains eventually getting used to a new sound signature Pads settling in (physical) to create a better seal Changes in positioning on our heads Perhaps best indicator / resource to read is an...
 Don't apologise to them - the comments they are making are elitist, and not what Head-Fi should be all about. If your preference is for the Kraken 7.1 - then embrace it.  I'm pleased you found a headphone within your budget that you like.  We all have different preferences - and we should all respect that it all comes down to individual taste. But if you are looking for another can for gaming in the future (it will need amping, but would be fine out of a decent computer...
 I've been slack actually - photos are taken, review is half written - but I haven't had time to finish it yet.  What I will say is that out of the IEM's I've heard (including the DN-1000, Altone200, SE535 LE and quite a few others) - the A83 is the best I've heard - for my personal tastes.  I only had Vics one for two days before I bought (purchased) a set from Fidue.  More once I finish the review - but these are pretty close to Nirvana for me!
When I had my HD600 and SR325i, I really enjoyed both - it just depended on my mood, and what type of music I was listening to.  But to really appreciate the HD600 you do need to give them some solitary head time.  The worst thing you can do with a new headphone (IMO) is keep going back and forth comparing with headphones that you've had for months/years.  You need to get to know a headphone first - then A/B comparisons can have more meaning.   Will be interested to hear...
 Here's you problem - rapidly switching between the headphones without giving your brain a chance to get used to the HD600's sonic traits.  Try this - use the HD600 and only the HD600 for around 3-4 days.  Then switch to your SR60.  Guarantee your impressions will be different. In case your sceptical - I one owned the HD600 and SR325i at the same time .  The contrast was interesting.
 Maybe consider the HS11 clear case.  It's not bullet proof (mine has a slight crack on the rear) - but the thing I like about it is that it's low profile, and you only really see the X5 (ie it does it's job without getting in the way).