Posts by Brooko

The RCA out is variable - but the gain (using the pot) is only about 6db.I tried the iPad/CCK and it didn't work. If you can "jury-rig" a powered hub and have it work, I'd really appreciate if you can let me know how.
^ Couldn't have put it better :)   The issues with the very basic UI and slow start time disappear once the music starts.  That's why mine is not moving any time soon.   Oh - and many happy returns Jack.  Thanks for putting me onto the Studio A3.  Still using it.  Still loving it.
Hi and welcome     Always nice to see new manufacturers here.  Love the look of the designs - especially the changeable filters.  Interest registered, and email duly sent.     Paul
 Wolfgang knows about the thread - so I'll let him answer the technical questions.  I wouldn't expect too much though - especially if it is proprietary info.  Even when asking which DAC chip they used, they weren't exactly forthcoming.  Pity really as the unit really does sound quite good. The figures I quoted were direct from their site / packaging. I will say this though - the little guys does output a nice amount of power.  Has no problem with the Beyers (250 ohm DT880)...
 Um no - just no. Owned the SE315, 425 and 535.  If anything - they have well defined bass, but it's definitely not bass heavy (and the 425 has the lightest bass of all 3).  In fact not even close.  All the Shures (315-535) are quite mid-centric, with slightly rolled off highs, and well defined, but not copious amounts of bass.  They do respond well to EQ.  One of the surprises I had with both the 425 and 535 was that the bass wasn't a lot stronger. OP - if you find the...
Why aren't you just using the Beyer pads that go with the DT880? You bought a 600 ohm Beyer, you're not amping them, and you're wondering why they sound a little off ..... ? Two issues right there IMO 
 The HD600s (despite being 300 ohm) are not a hard can to drive at all actually.  The X5 by itself handles them more than sufficiently.
Hi Amos   Great thread - and like Eke I'm very interested in hearing your views on the overall comparison.  Definitely interested in how the iP5 fares as well.  Couple of quick questions -  For the comparisons, are you volume matching (and how)? What full sized headphones will you be using?  Particularly interested in anything you have around the 250-300 ohm mark with moderate sensitivity. I very much enjoyed both my DT880 (250 ohm) and HD600 with the X5 when I...
Nice review Arly.  Yes - similar thoughts.   Just noticed a couple of things in the last few days.   Had my first driver instability - basically stopped playing.  Was just a simple matter of unplugging and replugging.  Could well have been a Windows fault rather than the uDac-3.  Up until now it's been rock solid.  Might install the actual NuForce driver at work though and see if that avoids any more issues.  This has only been a oncer so far though - so it's been...
Gutted.  Now looks like I won't be able to get there.   Please you guys - take plenty of pics, and post them after the event.  I'll have to try again next year.