Posts by Brooko

Just the Viper effects.  They are embedded in the FiiO app.  if you don't use them - then yes, any other app will be OK.
Depends very much on what module you are using on X7 and what your preferences are. EG - if you wanted a leaner linear signature, the X7 + AM1 might suit you better. But so far as an all in one, I prefer the X5iii over the X7 for portable use.
Not for me
Chill out guys. He wants to make subjective claims - nothing wrong with that- it's what makes up most of this site. Ag this point I've politely asked for more info. If he doesn't want to give it - then he doesn't. I can then choose to give his opinions about the same respect he's shown me so far. No issue as far as I'm concerned.
 They test the output under load.  They also publish their data.  I'll believe yours when I see it.  And perhaps you'd like to venture over to Sound Science and you can talk with some engineers about how balanced works, and also how it affects the sound using your IEMs.  You can also post measurements showing the sonic differences. I may not understand it fully - but I've had plenty of discussions with both EE's and also professional studio engineers - so I'd be really...
 Might pay t directly email FiiO support.  I agree - it does not seem normal.  i've been using the X5iii longer than most of you, and I haven't had any crashes.  Use it a lot too.
Would be interested to see those measurements.  And likewise I'm shocked the difference appears that big to you. My measurements (even on cheap gear) correlate with what FiiO says about the topology - same circuits, but duplicated.  Given the difference in frequency curve when volume matched is in the "less than audible" range, and the crosstalk is not going to come into effect unless you are in a completely silent environment (and even then its debatable), anyone hearing...
 Not negating your subjective impressions (how it sounds to you is indeed how it sounds for you) but did you volume match properly to within 1 dB when making the comparison?  We already know (from FiiO) that the balanced uses the same topography - just separate channels - everything duplicated.  There is the obvious difference in current output. Crosstalk is improved (from 72 dB to 110 dB) but unless you are in absolute silence its doubtful it will be audible. Both have an...
 No - I simply asked that people wait a week after Bob announced that the product would be shipping.  it doesn't seem a lot to ask - especially as most of you have been waiting 6 months or more. I was not defending Trinity at all - in fact if there are no signs of any gear at all arriving this week, then go ahead, have your lynch mob. Truth be told - what I'd like to do is lock this thread - simply because it is an utter waste of our Admin time. We have a manufacturer...
 10.2.1 according to Settings.