Posts by Brooko

FTFY The problem with the claims regarding burn-in, is that unless you have two units side-by-side, one with extended use, and the other brand new OOTB, any claims made are invalid, and at best anecdotal.  Our accurate audio memory only last around 20 secs - which is why rapid volume matched AB (and preferable ABX) is the only meaningful way to really know. Classic example.  Havi B3 Pro 1 has a myth on these forums for needing high hours of burn-in to reach their best.  I...
The site is really clean and easy to navigate Bob. Couple of things to note though. Like Wavz mentioned, I'm guessing changing the currency drop-down box only affects the shopping cart? It would be nice if it changed the price on each product page as well.I'd think about changing the description of the Hydra 2. You call it balanced in one section (equal highs, mids, lows) - then later call it a bass head's delight. Also - I think you know my own views on the Hydra. ...
If your budget is really that high, look at the AKG K812, and also possibly the HD700. HD700 actually sounds closer to what you are after - but I mentioned the K812 because it has many qualities of the HD800, but isn't so source picky. If you PM user 62ohm - he's thinking of selling his K812 (they are in excellent condition), he's based in Auckland, and you could probably get a demo. Here's a comparison of T1 and K812 that might help...
Recheck my review - http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12309 - I included quick comparisons to other IEMs toward the end
Considering we have some youngsters aged as low as 12-13 years old - personally I'd refrain.  But that might be me showing my age.
 Nope - IMO actual container has very little to do with it.  It is ALL to do with the mastering of the file. I've taken DSD files and converted to redbook, then ABX'd them - no difference to my ears. And as far as native playback of DSD vs a player converted to PCM on the fly - in my limited test of X3ii vs X5 - there was no real audible difference (not enough to worry about). So whilst some people may say that native is better than converted - I simply don't hear it. YMMV.
 Hi Joe - I might've missed this one.  Anyway - numbers look strange.  If you're outputting 200 mW into 32 ohm, I'd be expecting around 400+ mW into 16 ohm.  Can you please check and clarify .....
  I didn't check the rate - but this might interest  Highlighted bit was from a post in the X3 gen 2 thread comparing it to X5 (part of a bigger post comparison you can access HERE)
 Still prizes 1-5 to go mate (chin up) Congrats to those who've been selected so far.  And thanks again to iFi for making the opportunity available.
 Yep - no limits on folder view.