or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

Well as a member of the "end game electrostatic crowd," I think anything above 10K is way too much unless it is clearly betters the Stax 009. Under 6K, buying it would be an easy decision, if it lives up to the hype. BTW, I'm interested because it is HifiMan, not in spite of it. I very much respect their headphones at all price points. I would be much less interested if it was Beyer or AKG since I've never liked any of their headphones that I've heard.
In the InnerFidelity video, Feng says that he was planning a lower price, but then saw where the market was headed. Clearly, Sennheiser et al are pushing the ToTL prices much higher.
 If people dislike the Orpheus 2 marble base, it makes it less valuable, not more valuable. Same logic  would apply to a jade base. If no one actually wants/likes it, it does not justify a higher price. Beyond that, why do *you* want to make it "worth" a higher price? Why not just call for a lower price/better value? Arguing over how much a jade base should add to the price makes no sense if no one wants a jade base in the first place.
Sometimes Head-Fi mystifies me. In the Orpheus 2 topic, people HATE the marble base and the high price. Here, people seem to be calling for a jade base and higher prices. Weird.
 Sorry, did not realize that. Thought you meant my post and the ones around it. I hope you don't keep your mouth shut, but the whole 009 vs 007 debate is getting a bit overdone, IMO.
 I see you trying to make the case that the 009 is bad by quoting various semi-famous people and the rest of us stating our personal preference which happens to disagree with you.  Really? Because it seems to me that we are all in agreement that one should hear both and then get the one you prefer.
That is not totally correct. They used a special version of the KGSS in the latest listening test. In previous reviews, Tyll had used the BHSE and called the combo the best he had ever heard. He can change his mind, but it bothered me that when he met with Bob Katz he did not use the same amp as his original review.The only comparison that *really* matters to me is my own. I compared the 007 and 009 side by side out of the BHSE at a Head-Fi meetup. I bought the 009. :-)...
 I agree. I keep thinking I must be missing something about the HEX, because it seems like a whole lot of marketing and very little meat. The HEK is claimed to be special because of its very thin diaphragm. The HEX does not have that diaphragm yet is claimed to be trickle-down technology. I don't see it.On the other-hand, a trickle-down SL would be pretty cool, if the sound and build quality competes with similarly priced electrostatics.
The price has not yet been announced.
 That is what I was afraid of, from the picture. I wonder how well they isolate, with the kind of fit? I'd still like to try them out though.