Posts by VandyMan

I'd rule out the "CAL!" on the exclamation point alone. 
    Just ordered one on eBay for $11 w/ free shipping. Thanks!
I don't think that AppleTV will output multi-channel PCM on HDMI. Not many devices will.
    I own or have heard most of those. The RS220 is not in the same league as the LCD-2. My HD-600 betters it. However, it is pretty close and depends on the sonic qualities you value. The sound of the RS220 reminds me of a closed headphone. I can hear the sound of the cups. I don't experience this at all with the headphones you listed. However, it is an excellent headphone and I find myself frequently going for it over my others due to very good sound and the pleasure of...
I've had my RS220 for about a week now. No issues with dropouts except when I go to to the adjoining room. No micro dropouts. There is sometimes a very faint high pitched sound when no music is playing, but I can't hear it when there is sound -- even with quiet sounds at low volumes.   Overall, very clear detailed sound that is about halfway between an open and closed can.   As for comfort, there is something that is hurting the top of my head unless I position...
Any chance of including the Beyerdynamic T5p in this shootout or is it too expensive?
I just got my RS-220 and it is not broken in yet. I also have a 12+ year old pair of HD-600s that I still use frequently.My initial impression is that the RS-220 is very good, but not as good as the HD-600. However, I love not having wires.   I need more time with them to form a clearer impression before I share more.  
I don't think the HP-P1 up samples the digital out, but you could check the manual. If it does not, you could hook the digital out of your HP-P1 to a DAC that shows sample rate and confirm that your 24/96 files are staying 24/96.   
    DACs take data in PCM format. The application does the conversion from the file format to PCM (frequently using OS provided software libraries, but not always). Since the iPhone "Music" app does not support FLAC, some folks use a third-party app to play thier FLAC files on the iPhone. No DAC decodes WAV/AIFF/etc files unless it also acts as a source device (e.g. AirPlay, DNLP, USB memory sticks, etc).
    Strange. I hear no hiss with any amp I've tried with my 535s or with the 530s that I had for a number of years. Maybe Shure fixed the problem (my 535s are only a few months old) or, if it is a high frequency hiss, perhaps my hearing is not good enough to detect it as I'm over fourty.