or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

I live in NYC where one bedroom apartments can cost well over a million. Cars/SUVs that sell for over 50K are very common, even in what locals consider middle class areas. The idea that the HE1060 is only for millionaires might be sensible, but it is not reality. I know many audiophiles with 50K+ two channel systems who are not millionaires. If you are making payments on a 50K SUV, you can probably afford to be making payments on the HE1060. It is a question of your...
 FYI - from July 7th
I ordered in July and was told mine would likely ship this year.
I'm guessing that everyone who is ok with non-detachable cables never had a Shure SE-500 fail on them and then had to deal with Shure's customer support. Cost me several hundred dollars to get mine replaced when it failed (they don't repair them, only replace). Twice.
Is that a BAD thing?
 No. I don't think that price was mentioned in this topic in relation to the HD-800S. The person was writing about HE-1000 X.
You make some good points. I did not give a ton of thought to the price points I mentioned. I was trying to describe a simplified HD product lineup that covers from a fairly low price point on up (but not too far up!).
Long ago, when Head-Fi was new, Sennheiser was a value leader. I was not on the forums in those days, but I read the front pages of Head-Fi and HeadWize religiously. You had to spend many times the cost of the HD-600 to get a better headphone. Ok, some folks preferred the Grado RS-1 or RS-2 and a few freaks (joking) liked AKG. For whatever reason, STAX was not really discussed much. TOTL headphones were also not discussed nearly as much as today. Partly because they were...
 I agree. I've gotten to hear the Abyss on a few occasions. Maybe I'm just not getting a proper fit, but to me the only exceptional things about it are the lack of comfort and the price.
I plan to bring my Alpha Dogs and maybe Shure 535s to sell, if there is interest.