or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

Besides being a PITA, I'm not sure that is even ethical. Tidal is obviously doing this to build its subscriber base. I disagree with their approach, but so it goes. If I pretend to be a new subscriber, it seems like I'm cheating them.   Secondly, I'm concerned that switching my Tidal subscription might mess up my Roon meta-data and my many saved albums (not playlists). Maybe I can export/import the saved album list, but if it does not work perfectly, it will be a total...
 Oh well. I'll pass then. You might want to rethink the pricing for people who already have Tidal. Asking us to drop our subscription, use the free one, and then rejoin again when the free one expires... too much trouble for me or most busy people.
 Still no word from Tidal?
 Thanks. It is the deciding factor for me since it represents a $120 discount on the perk I want.
Does it still support AirPlay? I don't see that on the Indiegogo page? Can Tidal albums be saved for off-line listening? If I already have a Tidal subscription, can I still use the free 3/6 months without canceling/starting a new subscription?
Oh, I missed that it is so early. I'm not going to make it as it is 2 hours travel time for me on public transit from Brooklyn. :-( Too bad as I'm considering an Ether-C and wanted to audition it. Guess I can find it somewhere else though.
If anyone is driving from Brooklyn and wouldn't mind an extra passenger, please msg me.
Having owned  and enjoyed the HD-600 for over 15 years, both the STAX 009 and the King Sound H-03 stats, and having heard the Orpheus on two occasions, I have to disagree with you on two points. For of all, it is very difficult for me to believe that more than a very small minority would prefer the HD-600 (or 650), even in the most optimal setup, over a properly working Orpheus. Just my opinion, of course. Secondly, I don't find the difference between dynamic and...
 Honest question, has anyone ever been electrocuted by an eletrostatic headphone in normal usage (i.e. not in the bathtub or in the rain)? I've never heard of it happening.
 I'm pretty sure that the only way being rich makes you deaf is if you stuff all your money in your ears.