or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

I've always gotten a reply msging him here on Head-Fi. There is also a phone number listed on the web site. I believe he was at the Cam Jam in Singapore this weekend, so he may be on the road right now.
That is awesome. Is the button at the bottom of the screen hardware or software (ie on the touch screen)?
 The wood looks great and I'm looking forward to getting mine. However, when you have it laying flat with the volume control facing you, the GUI will be upside-down which is a rather strange design choice. I'm hoping the cell phone looking part is flush with the wood surface. It looks like it sits on top.Edit: I guess the idea is that people will use it on the stand or in their pocket. My likely use case of laying it flat on my desk, is clearly not what the designer had in...
  Apparently, I failed. :-)I'll follow Stillhart's lead and agree to disagree.
 It defines the upper bound on price (for now). We really don't know if it defines the upper bound on other factors like sound quality; though the early listening seems to support that. That in a nutshell is my point about value. Do you buy the Orpheus 2 because it is at the summit in terms of price? Or, in spite of its price, do you buy it because it is truly the best. I simply do not agree that the Summit is defined by price.
 First of all, since you don't know me or my finances, please don't presume what I can or can not afford. I have never claimed that Fang has to price the SL at a level I can afford (whatever that is). If you go back to the start of this discussion, what I said was that unless the SL is clearly superior to the STAX 009, it is a really bad idea to price it significantly higher. The claim that such an opinion is driven by jealousy or entitlement is false and...
 Most every person who buys summit-fi headphones cares how much they cost. None of us are going to say to Fang, here is my Amex card, charge how ever much you want.   As I said, value is a subjective measure. Your applying your personal belief, when you say that "Diminishing returns will always make the more expensive headphones terrible values." Obviously for a lot of us here in Summit-Fi small improvements are worth spending large amounts of money on. We value those...
 I don't follow your logic. Sure, you would not buy the HD-800 if you could not afford it. However, you also would also not buy it unless you believed it to be better (sound/fit/finish/etc) than everything that costs less. That is a measure of value. Value is a personal judgement, but people tend to come to a general consensus about it. For example, almost all of us will agree that the HD-800 is a great value at around $1500, but very few of us will agree that Beats...
 Let's not get silly here and drag this into the mud. I never expressed "outrage." Myself and a number of others have an opinion that you don't agree with, fine.