or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

I'm not an expert, but I did a bit of research on battery powered audiophile devices when the WA8 was announced. It is likely that as long as the WA8 is plugged in, any noise from the wall will not be blocked. For that to happen, the batteries would have to be fully isolated from the power source. Perhaps Jack can clarify...
Makes sense for that use case, but since the battery is connected to the charger, I don't think it will clean your power unless you unplug it from the wall. Plugging/unplugging every few hours seems like a PITA to me, but if it works for you I'm glad. (no sarcasm intended)   (I'm also doubtful that you will hear a difference unless your power is really really bad, but I have not tried, so I'm just guessing.)
No way to connect a transportable to a phone or pad? I guess it is for laptop users. I think the battery is kind of a waste. It adds expense and weight for a product that hardly any one is going to use on the go. It would be much better, in my opinion, to drop the battery and build the external power brick into the unit.  I'm disappointed because I was hoping the WA8 would be my new office headphone amp. I've always wanted a WA6, but it is too big for my desktop and too...
 Did anyone actually say that? I didn't see it.
 You know you replied to me a couple of days ago in the Orpheus topic with almost word for word the same spiel? And before that I've seen you drop the same post at least two other times. 
 I've had my Stax phones for about 1.5 years. I'm a klutz and have dropped them half a dozen times onto my carpeted floor. No issues so far. My Audeze 2.1 phones (bought new, can't remember the year) have had the cables replaced three times, the headband twice, and the ear pads once, but no problems with the drivers.
I'm planning to get new headphones just for TV/movies. I'm debating between the Sennheiser 800S and the Stax L-700.  I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser 800S for comfort, bass, and sound stage.  I think great bass and sound stage benefit a lot of movies. Any opinions? I'm going to audition the 800S, but probably will not get a chance to try the L-700 any time soon. I use my Stax 009s on a different system for music listening.
 You compared them or are making a guess?
Sadly, I have not had an opportunity to hear them yet. I'd like to read more hands-on impressions too.