Posts by VandyMan

Nice writeup Otheronek. I'm a Deadhead who got on the bus in the late 80s. Sorry I did not get to meet you.
This was my first Head-Fi meet. Everyone was very friendly and I got to hear a lot of interesting headphones. I'm busy today, so just a few quick comments:   - Thanks to Jude for bringing the Oppo PM-1.  It is in the class of other 1K headphones, but it did not spend enough time to really get a feel for it. If the PM-2 sounds as good, it will be a huge bargain.   - Alpha Dog is a great closed headphone, for the price. I'm amazed that the cups/padding make this big a...
The description on the website says:   >>The OPPO PM-1’s ear cushions are made out of the highest quality natural latex,    I know it will be covered with leather, but as someone with a latex allergy, I think this rules out the PM-1 for me. Latex allergies are fairly common, can be very serious, and often get worse with repeated exposure.
Im going to bring a few items that I'd like to sell. I'm not sure about leaving them on a table as I want to wander and check out some gear. So, if you are interested, probably best to PM me so we can arrange to meet up.   For sale... Fostex HP-P1 Sennheiser HD-25-1 II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Benchmark DAC-1 USB (not bringing unless someone asks in advance)   All in excellent condition and I probably have the original boxes.
Even though I own a bunch of Sennheiser gear and bought my HD-600 more than a decade ago, I had no idea that Sennheiser is family owned. Makes me feel even better about all of my purchases from them.
Thanks Eric!
I'm getting close to purchasing my SR-009s. I have a pair of Musical Fidelity M-250s in my closet. They are very quiet 250 watt mono-blocks. Would it be ok to use them with the Woo Wee to power the SR-009s until I buy a dedicated amp? (The wait for the BHSE is 6-8 months.)    Here are the specs: Output voltage, RMS 45 Volts 20Hz to 20kHz peak 127 Volts Power output 250 Watts into 8 Ohms (24dBW) 450 Watts into 4 Ohms Peak-to-peak output current 72 Amps Damping factor...
I plan on going. I have a few pairs of headphones that I'd like to sell. Is there a way I do that at the meet?
Is there any news on the SR-011? I'm getting close to buying the SR-009, but would wait if there is a new model coming this year.
Maybe Out of Your Head will convince Smyth to do something they should have done long ago: make a Windows/Mac software-only version of their system. No head tracker, but all else the same.