Posts by VandyMan

Have you or Lorr identified any processor that can do this? I looked around a few months ago and could not find any. Maybe the 5K+ ones, but I did not consider them.  
“What your headphones say about you?”   That I care about sound quality and spend too much of my income seeking it.
For what it is worth, I'm using the USB charger from an old BlackBerry without issue. I assumed that the power out of the mini-USB port would be the same no matter if the other end connects to a computer or wall wart as this is covered by the USB specification. Proceed at your own risk though.
  100m? You live in a warehouse? :-)
  Certainly possible. If so, its a bad design and could be addressed (by encrypting that bit of code or by other methods).
  I'd pay for new filters or possibly other new features. Properly charging the iDevice strikes me more as a bug fix than something really new and I would not pay for it. Further, I would think twice about future Fostex purchases, if they go in this direction. First thing they need to do, before introducing new models or firmware features, is to make it possible for users to do the updates themselves.  
Yes  
Unless you can be sure both setups drive your headphones at the same volume level, you will find it very difficult to compare accurately. I have not tried a blind test, but I hear much better controlled bass (and less in-your-face) and more detail in the mids when using the HP-P1 with my HD-25s. I'm looking to upgrade to a better closed phone. Without the HP-P1, I don't like the HD-25 at all.    
Quote:   I take your overall point, but the Realiser is correcting phase and frequency response. There is not much difference in frequency response between a well made $1,000 speaker and a $100,000 speaker except possibly at the low-end (there are, of course, other differences). I'm referring to people with normal hearing, so I'll leave out cheapo speakers and the head cold from your analogy. I suspect that two normal hearing people, hear very much the same and that the...
Quote:   Thank you for the explaination. Doesn't that imply that one shouldn't correct the sound for the ear, because the brain already does it?