Posts by VandyMan

edit: never mind :-)
I really liked the RS 220 when I got them in Feb 2012. I had very few issues with dropouts except when I wore them while using my laptop. However, for the last few months I have been getting less and less charge time from them. Now, they will not hold a charge at all. As the battery wore down, they have had more and more dropouts too. I'm going to try to get a replacement battery, but I would no longer recommend these headphones to anyone. Too problematic.
  I only spent ten minutes with them. They had an excellent seal and a very balanced sound. Unsurprisingly, they sound and look a lot like my LCD 2s. Imagine a pair of LCD 2s with the leather headband and wooden cups. They are not noticeably heavier than the 2s despite the cups. The bass pressure inside the cups was very strong (more than my HD-25 II); I need to spend more time with them to decide if it is a bit too much for my taste.
I got to hear the latest prototypes at the NYC Audio Show on Sunday. Very impressed. I plan to buy a pair (if I can afford them!).
I'm in.
  I'm not so sure. I don't see too much out there that can compete with the HP-P1 as a portable  one-box DAC/head-amp w/ digital iPhone USB in. Do you?
Anyone heard the new WA-7 vs the WA-6 or WA-6 SE ?  
    The benchmark headphone amp is excellent. It measures beyond reproach. Some find it a bit bright or clinical, but I don't agree. I sometimes prefer a more relaxed tube sound with headphones, but also enjoy the DAC-1's headphone amp and listen to it frequently.  
  Who says closed = portable? I use closed headphones sitting at my desk at work. Others use them at home so as not to disturb their spouse. There are plenty of uses for a high quality closed headphone beyond using them while on-the-go. Personally, I'm not going to wear a 1K headphone on the subway no matter how good it sounds.       Well said. While this is all very intriguing to those of us that enjoy the LCD-2/3, but lets wait and see what the final version...
I'm not surprised as Fostex has already shown they have no idea how to make a descent case. Should not be that hard, one would think.