or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

Same here. Ordered early July 2015, I think.
I fully agree. I just did not want anyone to think that I was claiming that the PM-3 is superior in sound quality to the LCD-XC (for example), because it is not. However, I'd would pick the PM-3 over the LCD-XC as my office headphone for a number of reasons that I already detailed. 
 Edit: I don't want to have an argument over this, but that is not what I said.I said that the PM-3 is better than headphones I've heard under 1K (a number have been discussed above). All the ones you listed are approx 1K or more. I did say that it beats some closed headphones over 1K, but I did not mean the headphones you listed. i was thinking more of models from Final and some others.
They fit my average size ears fine and I find the PM-3 comfortable enough to wear all day. I had a pair of over-ear Momentums that touched my ears and they were like a torture device to me, so I get why that would be an issue for you. I do not find the highs harsh at all, but they are a bit rolled off. I partly agree with you about the bass. It does not have slam, but it does go fairly low. Overall, I hear them as neutral and I think the mid-range has exceptional...
The Oppo PM-3 is in the same league as most of the headphones mentioned here. I like it better than any other closed headphone that I've heard under 1K, as well as few well over 1K. Very good isolation, excellent comfort, and a neutral sound signature. Some might find it to not be lively enough. Since I use it at my office, which is a fairly conservative environment, I also like that they look nice without being flashy or making me look like I have coconuts strapped to my...
 When I ordered last summer, I was told that my unit would ship by the end of the year. Luckily, I did not take that estimate too seriously. No final payment request yet. So, production speed may well have improved, but we are still talking about very long waits.
I would also consider a trade for a pair of Meze 99 Classics in silver. I've been wanting to try them. 
Brand new Geek Blue from LH Labs   Input: Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX Analog Line Out: Single-ended, gold plated RCA Digital Out: RCA SPDIF (192K/24 bit)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LG5ddvwBdo   "If you’re looking for a seriously awesome Bluetooth stage for your setup, look no further.  Gavin posted the Pulse Blue video a day or so ago and the measurements on the AP were stellar.  With the implementation of the 2.0 chassis, you’re looking at a fine addition to the...
I have a modded 727 II (mod done by HeadAmp) that I use with my 009s while waiting on my BHSE. I think it sounds very good, but I have nothing to directly compare it to.
Most important was an iPhone/iPad connection. Nice to have would be not having the large power brick. Not sure why everyone got so upset about the battery part and missed the core of what I was asking for.