Posts by VandyMan

The description on the website says:   >>The OPPO PM-1’s ear cushions are made out of the highest quality natural latex,    I know it will be covered with leather, but as someone with a latex allergy, I think this rules out the PM-1 for me. Latex allergies are fairly common, can be very serious, and often get worse with repeated exposure.
Im going to bring a few items that I'd like to sell. I'm not sure about leaving them on a table as I want to wander and check out some gear. So, if you are interested, probably best to PM me so we can arrange to meet up.   For sale... Fostex HP-P1 Sennheiser HD-25-1 II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Benchmark DAC-1 USB (not bringing unless someone asks in advance)   All in excellent condition and I probably have the original boxes.
Even though I own a bunch of Sennheiser gear and bought my HD-600 more than a decade ago, I had no idea that Sennheiser is family owned. Makes me feel even better about all of my purchases from them.
Thanks Eric!
I'm getting close to purchasing my SR-009s. I have a pair of Musical Fidelity M-250s in my closet. They are very quiet 250 watt mono-blocks. Would it be ok to use them with the Woo Wee to power the SR-009s until I buy a dedicated amp? (The wait for the BHSE is 6-8 months.)    Here are the specs: Output voltage, RMS 45 Volts 20Hz to 20kHz peak 127 Volts Power output 250 Watts into 8 Ohms (24dBW) 450 Watts into 4 Ohms Peak-to-peak output current 72 Amps Damping factor...
I plan on going. I have a few pairs of headphones that I'd like to sell. Is there a way I do that at the meet?
Is there any news on the SR-011? I'm getting close to buying the SR-009, but would wait if there is a new model coming this year.
Maybe Out of Your Head will convince Smyth to do something they should have done long ago: make a Windows/Mac software-only version of their system. No head tracker, but all else the same.
 That does not makes sense to me. High-end headphone manufacturers want as many people as possible to buy their phones, of course. Older people can not hear very high frequencies, true. However, most people have already lost a lot of higher frequency hearing in their early 30s, especially if they spent their teens listening to too loud headphones. (Maybe you are very young and "mid-to-senior age" means thiry to you?) That means that a substantial portion of ALL adults...
 Looking forward to your report. I would think that the vibrations would rattle things in the room and travel thru floors and walls to your neighbors, but maybe it is not that powerful?