Posts by VandyMan

I stand corrected. :-) StereoTimes is a joke and Steve Guttenberg does have a tendency to get over excited. My own reaction to the H-03/M-10 is that I finally understand some of the differences in the character of the sound from a good electrostatic headphone vs a good dynamic headphone. I never fully got it by demoing at shows.  I am now plotting ways to afford a ToTL STAX setup next year.
I can tell you that the manual says 580V and I was told that the H-03 is STAX compatible by KingSound at the recent NY Audio Show. (I have not tried it myself though, so don't blame me if it is not true!) The unreleased portable H-IV (hopefully to be renamed the H-04 or something) may not be 580V, I did not ask.    Aside from one glowing review by a site that seems to love everything, I have not heard very much "hype" about this product. I am enjoying mine and I think it...
I'd like to hear that too!
BTW, I'm not claiming that the H-03 competes with the STAX 007 or other more expensive electrostatics. For the money, they are very good.
It is hard for me to believe that the H-03 is down around 10-14 db at 5-7khz because I don't hear that when doing a frequency sweep and the kind of difference should be easily heard. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the measurements...   You probably know this, but the H-03 ear pads rotate freely. They look round, but they are oval. I found it critical to make sure there is no air gap behind my ear by adjusting (rotating) the pads to the correct position each time I put them...
Thanks for clarifying on the resistor. I really am enjoying my H-03 headphones. They are somewhat colored in the lower mid-range, so they are not going to be to everyone's taste. I think they are sort of a tube lover's headphone. (I use the M-10 SS amp with mine. The M-20 seemed too much of a good thing.) Super comfortable headband, light weight, and a lot of the classic electrostatic sound - transparency, rich midrange, great high frequency clarity. The bass is pretty...
I have to respectfully disagree. I love my LCD-2s, but I often reach for one of my other headphones due to the comfort issue. Both the pain at the top of the head that so many complain about and also pain from the clamping force on my glasses (which causes them to dig into my head). Despite this, I wear them for many hours each week, but if they were as comfortable as my Alpha Dogs, I'd never take them off! :-)
The KingSound H-02 and H-03 (not sure about the original) use 580V, so they should work fine with STAX amps. I asked the KingSound guys about this and they confirmed that STAX amps are fine. I have not yet tried it myself though. Side note: Spritzer did caution against using the KingSound amps with STAX headphones. Something about a resister. I did not fully understand.
Has anyone tried the H-03 with an other electrostatic amps besides the M-10 and M-20? Any STAX 580V connection should work.
My M-10 has one RCA and one 1/8" input. It has an RCA loop output. I believe the manual is available to the KS website. I purchased the M-10 and the H-03 headphones a few weeks ago and have been enjoying them a lot.   Edit: The manual is not available on the website, but KS will email it to you if you ask.