or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

When I ordered last summer, I was told that my unit would ship by the end of the year. Luckily, I did not take that estimate too seriously. No final payment request yet. So, production speed may well have improved, but we are still talking about very long waits.
I would also consider a trade for a pair of Meze 99 Classics in silver. I've been wanting to try them. 
Brand new Geek Blue from LH Labs   Input: Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX Analog Line Out: Single-ended, gold plated RCA Digital Out: RCA SPDIF (192K/24 bit)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LG5ddvwBdo   "If you’re looking for a seriously awesome Bluetooth stage for your setup, look no further.  Gavin posted the Pulse Blue video a day or so ago and the measurements on the AP were stellar.  With the implementation of the 2.0 chassis, you’re looking at a fine addition to the...
I have a modded 727 II (mod done by HeadAmp) that I use with my 009s while waiting on my BHSE. I think it sounds very good, but I have nothing to directly compare it to.
Most important was an iPhone/iPad connection. Nice to have would be not having the large power brick. Not sure why everyone got so upset about the battery part and missed the core of what I was asking for.
If that is the case, then it could be a much smaller battery. No need for four hours of charge. Anyway, my statement about what I'd prefer was just one customer letting Jack Woo know of another configuration/use case he might consider.
Interesting. So you feel that battery power, even connected to the wall, is equivalent to a power conditioner? If that is the case, wouldn't power conditioners just put a battery at each output instead of things like isolation transformers? (Not for big amps, but everything else.) I don't know enough about electricity to say you are incorrect, but that does not sound right to me. Plus, isn't a ground loop really a different problem than a "dirty" power line? The power...
Think about this... if  you use the WA8 while it is plugged in, does the battery drain? I think it is like my Fostex HP-P1 -- the power for amplification is drawn from the battery, but the battery stays nearly fully charged. That implies that the battery is still connected to the wall and will thus transmit noise like any conductor. I'd be happy for Woo or an EE to correct me, if I'm misunderstanding.
 I'm not an expert, but I did a bit of research on battery powered audiophile devices when the WA8 was announced. It is likely that as long as the WA8 is plugged in, any noise from the wall will not be blocked. For that to happen, the batteries would have to be fully isolated from the power source. Perhaps Jack can clarify...
Makes sense for that use case, but since the battery is connected to the charger, I don't think it will clean your power unless you unplug it from the wall. Plugging/unplugging every few hours seems like a PITA to me, but if it works for you I'm glad. (no sarcasm intended)   (I'm also doubtful that you will hear a difference unless your power is really really bad, but I have not tried, so I'm just guessing.)