or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

I leave my 009s plugged into my BHSE always. I do turn down the volume when switching on/off though. Unless there is a technical reason to unplug, I would not do it because the more you use the connector, the more likely it could develop a fault or fail. 
My concern, since he is a reviewer, is that his conclusions will not be meaningful because he does not have a proper comparison. That said, I do look forward to reading his results.  I'm not sure iSquirrel will know either since there are no meaningful measures of subjective audio quality other than comparison.
So, if you like it, you will keep a 37K amp without listening to the excellent sub-10K competition? The idea of starting with the most expensive amp and then buying headphones you have never heard, is totally  backwards, IMO. How would you have any clue if the MSB is actually making the STAX sound their best?
Edit: never mind
 I'm not too happy about the lack of Google Play either, but we early backers seem to have gotten a great deal. Subtracting the free six-months of Tidal, my cost was $130. At that price, if it plays music pretty well, I can't complain. Anything more is gravy. (Before someone corrects me, I was a Tidal subscriber, so the free six months saved me $120.)
Maybe all of this tube discussion could move to the BHSE tube rolling topic? Please?
Seems to me that HiFiMan does not have much confidence in the sound quality of the Shangri-La. How else to explain them demoing it against a bottom of the line STAX headphone (SR-207)? Not that the SR-207 is bad, but anyone considering the Shangri-La would obviously want to compare it to the STAX 007 or 009.09. Edit: I misunderstood. I thought HFiMan provided the STAX headphones for comparison. Actually, miceblue brought them. Sorry.
>>iCan Pro electrostatic module How did you like the ICan vs the other amps you tried?
Still available. 
Audio-Technica ATH-A900 closed-back headphones in excellent condition. Lightly used. Original box and 1/4 adapter included. I bought them new for $188 in 2012. I never used them much because I switched to IEMs for work listening.  I will cover PayPal fees and shipping within the continental USA. Pictured headphone stand not included, but available for $30 + shipping.