or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

I had assumed you were not actually as angry as your post sounded and I was not at all upset by your post. I do think you are very stressed out by the whole experience, which is a shame, understandable, and unnecessary. I was trying to offer some calming words. Perhaps I failed. I say it is unnecessary because you really need to get in touch with Cavalli and ask for assistance. If that fails you, then please do get angry. Why don't you give Cavalli a call on the phone?...
Lets not forget that Cavalli is a small boutique audio company. I personally think you should give them a break and give yourself a break by letting go of your outrage. Injustice and outrage are very strong words for what you are experiencing. "Annoyed" would be more appropriate. Cavalli has been very open about the difficulties with their shipper. I'm waiting on mine too. I'll give them another week or so before I start to even think about getting angry. And, if that...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761088/new-cavalli-audios-liquid-carbon-a-599-cavalli-amp/1860#post_11674458 Apparently NOT class A to 1.5W. How much until it switches to AB seems to be unspecified, but MUCH less than full power. (" It does not stay in class A for very long before it transitions to AB")
My apologies to both of you if this was a "translation" error. Thanks for clarifying.

I thought the only changes to the 800S were the color and some damping material inside. This is the first I've heard that there were changes that effect the fit. Very surprised.
 While I agree that that it should not be distorting, if you listen at 100dB for extended periods, you will do permanent damage to your hearing. It will be interesting to see if measurements confirm the claim of bass distortion at high volume.
I received several kind offers to inexpensively repair these cables, so I'm canceling this classified while I look into that. Thanks.
 Good idea! I just ordered mine. My nephew will be getting the Tidal subscription on his birthday. :-)
 Looking forward to that! Long ago, I had the chance to listen to the Orpheus and the AKG-1000 side by side. I loved both, but preferred the AKG-1000. At the time, I gave a lot of the credit to the full size EAR tube amp that was driving it. I was a headphone novice back then, so I don't know if I'd still hear things the same way. I really want to hear what AKG can do with a  modern version of the 1000. Hoping for a price well under 5K.