Posts by VandyMan

I'm on the market for great closed back headphones under 1.5K (less is better, of course!). Comfort is as important as sound quality since I will be wearing them for most of the work day. They also need to be durable as I'll be caring them to/from work in my messenger bag.    I'm thinking about Audio-Technica, because my ATH-AD700s sound great for the money and are the most comfortable headphones I own. However, I don't know anything about their more expensive...
      My "significant difference" may not be someone else's, but I find the HP-P1 to be a small but worthwhile improvement vs using my iPhone 4S directly. I mostly use my HP-P1 at work and I really can't use my IEMs there because my co-workers keep wanting to talk to me for some reason. ;-)  So I use my Sennheiser HD-25-1 II with the HP-P1 most of the work day. I find the iPhone under-powered for the Sennheisers, so the HP-P1 is a big help.  
      I have used the exact same setup and did not hear any issue with channel imbalance. I tend to listen at fairly low levels. For the SE535, I set the gain setting at one (lowest) and the volume is usually slightly over the 9:00 position. With my HD-25-1 II, I set the gain to two and the volume is at the 12:00 position.  
KingLocal- Please keep us updated on how getting measurements in NYC goes! I live in Brooklyn and plan to get a Realiser, but don't want to ever go back to LA, if I can avoid it. :-)      
So far, no luck Captain. I checked the manuals for several popular lower priced pre-pros and can't find one that will convert the HDMI input to LPCM and output on HDMI.  Yes, using the multichannel analog out is my backup plan if I can't find an inexpensive pre-pro or receiver that does the conversion. I might not be able to even hear the difference, but I know the extra D>A conversion will not sit right with me. Audiophile curse, I suppose.      
I'm getting closer to buying a Realiser, but I have not figured out how to hook it up. My DVD player outputs LPCM over HDMI, so that is fine. However, my cable box, Roku, and Apple TV all output Dolby Digital (AC-3) or Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI. I looked for a cheap pre-pro that can take AC-3 on HDMI and output LPCM on HDMI, but could not find one. It seems like they all output the same format as the input when using HDMI. I could output over analog, but that kind of...
If the LCD-3 is 25% better than the LCD-2, I'd be interested. However, I'd have to see that Audeze has fixed the quality issues. I was not satisfied with Audeze's response when I complained about the issues with my LCD-2, so I'm not inclined to give them more $$$ until I hear that there has been a  substantial improvement.    On a different note... I sympathize with those can't afford the LCD-3, but when I was a young person I had a pair of very inexpensive...
[deleted]    
[deleted]      
I'm using BitPerfect w/ a MacBook Air running Lion and a Musical Fidelity V-Link. Seems to be working perfectly. Is their a mailing list or forum dedicated to BitPerfect so I can know when there is a new version?