Posts by VandyMan

I hope you have a better experience this time!
First of all, thanks to Stereo Exchange for doing this. I hope it was a successful promotion for them. I enjoyed getting my first listen to the new Audeze closed-back and plan to return to give them a more serious listen (I'm in the market for a new closed-back for work). One suggestion, it was so LOUD in that small HiFiMan room that I could not really get a sense of the HE1000 even with the volume cranked. It is such an open headphone that one hears all the sound in the...
What I hear from my Dec-2014 009s is clarity and transparency, top to bottom. No bloat in the bass unless it is in the music. No brightness unless it is in the music. Certainly not bright like an older AKG or Bayer. I can understand how some might consider this sound a tad analytical, but to me it is simply uncolored. That is not always a good thing with headphones; I sometime enjoy a more lush sound. With the 009 I feel I am hearing the truth of the recording. When the...
I contacted Auralic a few weeks ago about this since I have an older firmware and a few minor issues. They said that no firmware upgrade is available, but one is in the works. I don't quite understand that since we know there are different firmware versions, but that is what they told me. I pointed them to this topic and suggested an Auralic representative could be very helpful here, but no sign of them so far. I had the impression that the person who replied might not...
Since you have mentioned the very unfortunate problems you have had a number of times, let me counter balance by saying that my KS-H3/M-10 have been operating flawlessly since I got them about five months ago. (As I have posted, my original M-10 was faulty and was replaced free of charge.)   I have a STAX 009 in my main stereo system and the KS-H3 at my computer setup. The 009 is far superior, but I still look forward to sitting at the computer, putting on my KS-H3,...
Sold!
Sorry, no.  Thanks anyway.
Is the channel imbalance problem still a current issue? I imagine that a lot of 009 were sold in the USA this year when they were discounted in Nov/Dec by Stax USA. I know they had some in stock, but ended up back ordered. Mine arrived just before Christmas and still had that new leather smell. I've had no problems at all. That is just one experience, but I don't see any recent posts by anyone complaining about channel imbalance on new 009s. Maybe the problem has been...
I'm selling a nearly new GeekOut 100 IEM DAC. It has only been used once, to verify that it works. I ordered it to use with my laptop, but by the time I got it I no longer had the laptop!   You get: GeetOut 100 IEM (black) w/ latest firmware installed 6" USB extension (silver) Padded black pouch w/ orange "g" logo. (This no longer comes with GeekOuts, they charge an extra $10 for it.)   Price: $199 (includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US).   Sorry, the...
How does one get firmware updates? I can't find them on the Auralic website. Anyone know what has been fixed? I'm on 1.5.