Posts by VandyMan

I took advantage of the sale at Stax USA and ordered a 009. I'm really excited! The sale price (w/ free shipping) is still more than PriceJapan, but less than any other US website that I found. Now I need to figure out what amp to get. I'd like a BHSE, but I'm going to start with something less expensive. Probably a STAX amp, but which one?
  I'm 45 and I can't hear above 16K at normal volume. I would never have know just from listening to music. I never have had any sense that anything was missing listening to music. I found out testing myself with some pre-recorded tones.  As a veteran of over 500 rock concerts, I assumed that was the cause of my high frequency loss. However, a little research revealed that being able to still hear up to 16K by your mid-40s is actually pretty good! Some articles claim that...
Benchmark DAC-1 USB in excellent condition. Comes with original box, manual, cables, extra fuses, etc.   Now only $600. You will have a hard time finding a DAC and headphone amp of this quality, new or used, for less.   $25 off for pickup in NYC!
PM sent.
My broken M-10 (I knocked it over) turned out to just have a bad fuse. Glad I checked before sending it in for repairs!
Very nice description. I think they have a sorta tube-like sound in the bass, which I very much enjoy. Got to get mine M-10 fixed. 
My M-10 had an issue that is similar to what you describe. Intermittent static in one channel. Sometimes one channel would just stop working until I unplugged/replugged the headphones. I got a replacement of the M-10 from KS (free except I paid return shipping to HK) and the problem was resolved.   Unfortunately, I knocked over my M-10 (pretty easy to do, given the poor stand design) and it stopped working. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. I hate to pay to...
 Most people don't bother to post their opinion online, pro or con. Audeze has said they are working on there issues (case in point, the new prototype headband on the LCD-Z), so they must be hearing from a fair number of customers.
I think you are concerned about this because you have decided that we are requesting lower weight over sound quality as a design priority. That is not the case. We want lower weight and next generation Audeze sound quality. If that can't be done, I strongly doubt Audeze would compromise sound quality and jeopardize their hard-won reputation. However, I'm confident that Audeze headphones do not have to weigh 600 grams to achieve the same sound at around the same...
 Since we don't know what each part weighs, I'm not sure any of are in a position to make an accurate guess how much could be trimmed. Perhaps Audeze has CAD models that allow them to experiment with different materials or parts redesigned to use less material. However, 15% would be a great start. That would be a bit over three ounces from the LCD-X.