Posts by VandyMan

I'm getting close to purchasing my SR-009s. I have a pair of Musical Fidelity M-250s in my closet. They are very quiet 250 watt mono-blocks. Would it be ok to use them with the Woo Wee to power the SR-009s until I buy a dedicated amp? (The wait for the BHSE is 6-8 months.)    Here are the specs: Output voltage, RMS 45 Volts 20Hz to 20kHz peak 127 Volts Power output 250 Watts into 8 Ohms (24dBW) 450 Watts into 4 Ohms Peak-to-peak output current 72 Amps Damping factor...
I plan on going. I have a few pairs of headphones that I'd like to sell. Is there a way I do that at the meet?
Is there any news on the SR-011? I'm getting close to buying the SR-009, but would wait if there is a new model coming this year.
Maybe Out of Your Head will convince Smyth to do something they should have done long ago: make a Windows/Mac software-only version of their system. No head tracker, but all else the same.
 That does not makes sense to me. High-end headphone manufacturers want as many people as possible to buy their phones, of course. Older people can not hear very high frequencies, true. However, most people have already lost a lot of higher frequency hearing in their early 30s, especially if they spent their teens listening to too loud headphones. (Maybe you are very young and "mid-to-senior age" means thiry to you?) That means that a substantial portion of ALL adults...
 Looking forward to your report. I would think that the vibrations would rattle things in the room and travel thru floors and walls to your neighbors, but maybe it is not that powerful?
A lot of very expensive "high-end" gear has no BNC or AES inputs. Up until a few years ago, one rarely saw either one outside of pro-audio. Don't get stuck on terms like "mid-fi" as they have no common definition, are often used derogatively, and encourage the assumption that more expensive always equals better sound quality.
A $2000 DAC that measures flawlessly is mid-fi? I don't agree at all.
 Take a friend, who has the patience to really listen, to a store with a lot of headphones. Try not to coach them too much. You will be pleasantly surprised. I have taken friends to J&R and B&H to listen to headphones and have found that they can tell phones apart and have specific preferences across price ranges.
Thank you!