or Connect

Posts by VandyMan

The other amps/headphones I have are for the office, my bedroom, on the go, or for when working at my computer. And because I love headphones a bit too much. :-) The 009 is part of my main stereo system in my living room and is what I use most of the time. It is FAR better than all the other headphones that I have. I've been using a modded STAX 727 II for the last 1.5 years. I had not heard the BHSE for about 2 years and I felt that the 727 was getting me pretty close. Boy...
You are still waiting for your BHSE, correct? You might want to spend some time with it before dropping a lot of cash on tubes. I've had mine for about a week now and it sounds amazing with the stock tubes. I think the designer said that the BHSE circuit is not very sensitive to tube rolling. So, one would expect the differences to be relatively small (though I've have not heard other tubes personally).
 I bought my LCD 2.1s about a month (maybe two) before the 2.2 and did not qualify for the upgrade. It was not very generous, in that sense. Anyway, offering headphone upgrades is very unusual and not done at all by most manufacturers.
That is not how I read the comments, but I'll leave it for each reader to judge for themselves.Edit: I was making a general comment. I put fair in quotes to indicate it is a paraphrase. I apologize if anyone thought I was addressing them specifically.
I don't know it for a fact, but all the marketing makes it sound like the A8 goes away. Why would you expect the new model to be "in some ways but inferior overall"? That seems a very odd expectation to me. Everything is better than the A8 in terms of technical specs. DSPs are much faster and cheaper than when the A8 came out. DAC chips are better too. And the marketing materials imply that they have made a lot of enhancements to the software too. The lower price most...
A lot of us have still not gotten to hear it yet and almost no one has gotten to spend significant time with them.
The color looks great. The alignment of the cutouts looks strange to me. Probably better to align them at center and not have them so close to the edges. The USB cutout, in this photo, looks sloppy.
Has anyone who got a shipping notice recently received their BHSE? I got my shipping notice on 7-1 and it said estimated delivery  7-6. Now, it just says "pending." I'm guessing it has not actually shipped. Giving me a big headache as I need to make sure someone is available to take delivery.  
I can't seem to find any place selling it in the USA. Shows it can be done though.