Posts by wyffels

Just get the Fostex HP-P1 (B&H Photo has it and a good return policy if you don't like it) and you are good to go. It was built to be used as a high quality DAC/amp combo. It extracts and reads the data on your phone, making for a better listening experience, if you have high quality music on your phone already. 320kb AAC or lossless (need a 160GB iPod for that-iPhone does not have much memory currently). Otherwise, a good desktop amp & DAC system is key.   Here is...
Well, there is plenty said by others here if you leave the egos behind. The HD25-I-IIs are excellent,minus they don't fold up. The M50's are one the the best under $300,but they they are too big for public use unless you want to look like a major dork (only good for use in your office or cube).  Like I said, see if you can try out a pair of the ATH ES10s or Denon 1100s.
OK. The M50s are perfect. But if you want to step it up a notch an cry and be inspired at the same time with the same sound preference x2 get the Denon AD-H5000. These will shock you at how good they are, especially for a M50 lover. They even provide a new layer of bass that finds the weakness of the M50. Shocking. They are one of my favorite headphones. Give them shot. For something more portable, give the Denon AH-D1100 or even better, the Denon AH-A100 a shot ( I...
I have seen used 600s on this site for 200. Might be worth your while to look around here.
I had high hopes for the ESW9s, but was not impressed. They sounded muffled to me.
I can tell you that if you really like the Denon AH-D2000, you will really really like the AH-D5000. I was pleasantly surprised by the difference, tightness of the response, natural tones and bass. 
All I can say is that you really need to try them out for yourself to really know. We all have our personal favorites and thoughts on all the others. I would suggest you buy them all and return the ones you don't like. Use Amazon and make sure to buy from them, not another dealer on their site. They have a great return policy for this. Returning each pair will only cost you $6-7. Personally, I thought the Denon AD-H5000 were incredible.  They are too big for work, but I...
Yes, the E7 can significantly increase the overall base of the listening range. It will "warm" up everything. I think this is what many are referring to. The M50 has great bass response, but it is clean and not overly warm. If you are looking for more warmth, check out the Denon line of headphones. That should do it. 
Try the Audio Technica M50 or the Denon AH-D1100. Give them a shot. Most likely you will love one of them.
Please try the Denon AH-D1100. Let me know what you think. I found them to be the best deal around $100.