Posts by CaveManta

I (miraculously) saw a guy at my school wearing M50's while sitting on a bench. I had an impulse to sit next to him with my own M50's, but felt it would be a little awkward. Of course, I've also seen my fair share of Beats and Skullcandies lately. People really love the Skullcandy "Uprock" at my college. Maybe due to its compactness, and high probability of breaking?
I spotted an M50 on someone near my local mall today, which was surprisingly my first M50 sighting in the "wild." I wish I had my M50 with me at the time..   Otherwise, it's just the usual ocean of Beats with a couple of cheap Sonys thrown in.
In my Chinese class, I saw someone wearing an AKG K181DJ on their neck, and I was blown away. They are a great looking set of cans! I hope he won't get in trouble for wearing them in class..
It looks like Koss is trying to take the spot that Philips and Skullcandy used to hold, before they moved to make more higher-end headphones. I just hope that they'll sound okay, so we(okay, mostly me) won't have to start bashing Koss.   Anyone want some Koss Kandy?
My earpads became relatively hard not long after I got them. Their softness also varies depending on the temperature of my room, which is weird. Watching an unboxing video of the M50 had me surprised, because the M50 in the video had such soft earpads. Mine were never so soft, even right when I got them. I just wish there was a way to get replacement earpads of higher quality, that wouldn't become hardened after just a few months of use.
Hmm..let's take a look. http://camelcamelcamel.com/AKG-Quincy-Signature-Reference-Class-Headphones/product/B004444O46 The Q701s are dropping gradually in price. It seems that they are worth $230-240 new, and $175-$185 used. Whereas the K550: http://camelcamelcamel.com/AKG-K550-Closed-Back-Reference-Headphones/product/B006IBILRO Is worth significantly more.   I hope you can find a good deal/trade!
My story is quite simple. Ever since I first heard my AD-700, using my home theater receiver as a DAC/amp, things just changed forever. I was finally hearing...everything. Every frequency seemed to reside at its own level, instead of mixing and muddling with others. And from then on, I wanted this level of clarity or nothing at all. ...And later on, I got my Klipsch speakers, which punched the AD-700 in the face.
My Audio Technica M50 fatigues my ears pretty quickly, after about 50 minutes of listening. Not only because of their more "forward" sound signature, but also because they are closed-back and seal pretty well, putting more pressure on my ears. My ears are quite sensitive to pressure . I still love my M50, even though it fatigues mah ears. Taking breaks after every hour during long music listening sessions helps.
At my local Starbucks, I sighted a guy walking with a pair of V-Moda M-80s around his neck. And in Baltimore, I saw someone wearing a Sony XB-500. So I had a good sighting, finally .   Oh, and I also saw what looked just like a black SkullCandy aviator, but the ear-pieces were circular instead of triangular. Maybe they decided to make them more ergonomic =P.
Nice ones! But what about the ominous, yet captivating and unique design of the MBL radialstrahler? Kind of an acquired taste, I suppose. My favorite speakers for aesthetics, though, are probably the Paradigm S8 and Klipsch P-39F. I just love how industrial the Paradigm signature series looks. And Klipsch's horn-loaded tweeters..... This has gone too far.