or Connect

Posts by CaveManta

Don't worry about it, my friend. My X2 has fantastic imaging regardless of the little imbalance. I game with it all the time(Black Ops 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5), and it never lets me down. Directionality and depth are fantastic(X2 has even more depth than the AD700!)
I've got a Woox pair that was purchased around August last year. Using Sinegen, I found that the right channel is favored at around 5500hz +/- 100hz. The left channel is significantly quieter at those frequencies. I ran the same test on my Q701, and the imbalance wasn't there. I also tried different sources and wore the X2 backward to make sure I'm not going deaf.
Here, Amatak, lemme help you out. There's a neat, little program called SineGen that allows you to play any frequency of sound that you want. You can even sweep through them as well. I used it to find imbalances in my X2. Here's a link to it: http://sinegen.en.lo4d.com/
A mobile workstation in the emergency department at a hospital I'm rotating to has a KRK KNS 8400 hanging from it. Just hanging there! I wanna try it out . Meme: When a hospital has better headphones on display than almost any electronics store.   Edit: Mm..beefy.
Lazy Game Reviews just got some fancy, new headphones. No, not the M50, silly! A real whopper of a can, if you will. I hear they have beefy sound quality. And they come with a radio!
I find my X2 to be super comfortable, but I'm always fiddling with it to get the perfect fit/perfect sound. It's an endless battle. Darn mastoid process of the temporal bone!
I sighted some weird bluetooth on-ear cans on a classmate. They're, like, something you'd get at a mall, I guess? She let me listen to some K-Pop on them. They're called "Jam." o.O Dang, they don't have any bass =\! But K-Pop needs bass!
Ooh, I didn't even see that you posted a picture earlier(I was on my phone.) I'll actually reply this time instead of adding reputation! Were all of these people with the cool headphones on the same train at the same time?
That dip in the upper mids appears to be opposite of the Q701, which has a peak there instead. It would be nice to not have that peak, which makes vocals kinda shouty/plasticy. But grr, I don't want a dip either! Why can't it just be flatter there on either can? I need to try some EQ! (Actually, looking at the HE400i's raw frequency response, it looks like they might have tried to keep it flat, but used a different target curve than Tyll uses.)   Anyway, uhh..What...