Posts by CaveManta

I saw 'Fight Club' for the first time about four days ago. ...And I am still completely blown away. I would have to give it a 9/10. If any of you Head-Fiers haven't seen it yet, you really should. Note: It's not just about fighting.  It is practically a dark, psychological thriller.
Oops. Thanks for correcting me on that! I forgot that clipping was actually just the reaction of audible peaks. I always referred to it as the cause, rather than the effect.
Here is one hot headphone!     This one was inspired by a post made in this thread long ago.     Haha, well done. He doesn't usually listen to cans. But when he does, he brings an electrostatic amplifier with him. It's weird, because he's using both the jecklin float stock cable and HE-90 stock cable. =P
I shall be the only person not buying an Apple product this year. And I am the only person in the world who has never bought or had an Apple product . Not that I don't like Apple or anything. I just already have everything I need. So my post is...useless. >.> Just saying.
I hope that it is the solo they are wearing backwards, because the studio would be ergonomically dreadful worn backwards, due to the angle of the earcups. Now that I think about it, can't the pro be worn backward with the cable still coming out of the left side, because of the ability to hook the cable into either the left or right side? It seems kind of like an ambidextrous can =O.   I wonder what kinds of changes happen to the soundstage if you wear a headphone...
I believe that you might be referring to what is called a, "Peak." A peak is basically a type of distortion that occurs when something being recorded becomes too loud. Like, say, when someone is yelling at the top of their lungs over a microphone. Like in this video: (The following video is a little bit stupid. But it is the best demonstration I could find on Youtube of audio peaking. ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwql6_RJ348   I hope this is what you were...
Ahhh. That makes sense. So as you get older, pretty much everything is working against your hearing. Your ears are become not only older and probably more worn out, but your tightening  blood vessels could be causing more problems. Many of the "cures" for tinnitus seem to include vitamins and antioxidants that will help relax you and ease your blood pressure, which should reduce tinnitus if it is related to blood pressure problems. But what about poor people with hearing...
Quote: My brother says that he hears a "clicking sound" in his ears whenever he swallows, and it bothers him. But whenever I swallow, I don't really hear a click. I just hear my ears pop slightly. It sounds kind of like a headphone driver inflating due to improper amplification. (Computer + Fiio E5 + Y Splitter + M50 + AD700 = Not good)   I'm just glad that my tinnitus "moves aside" whenever I listen to music. Except late at night, when my ears are tired, the tinnitus is...
I have a constant hum in my right ear, at about 150 Hz. I first noticed it about three years ago when I upgraded from junky $20 cans to some okay, but highly tinny $50 logitech cans. I have no idea why I just suddenly noticed the hum, but for some reason, I feel like I have had it all my life. It sounds just like listening to a distant airplane's engine while sitting indoors. Sometimes, it seems to waver slightly, moving from 140 to 160 Hz. And also, it goes away almost...
Who can you blame: The person asking other people to suggest a headphone for them to get, or the people trying to suggest headphones that would be perfect for someone they barely know? Not all of us have heard 50 headphones, or even very many. Why should we? Most of us have done hours of research on almost every headphone. We just want to help the newbies find some good ideas to start with. And its their choice whether they do research or not once they receive those...