Posts by CaveManta

Ohh, that's awesome. So you could switch between coiled and straight cable at any time. I ought to mod my M50 one of these days...when I get the courage to.    I'm glad that you're happy with your M50. Consider yourself lucky just for that. So many people dislike them . I have to tell ya; Nothing makes your headphones sound better than just being happy with them. And that's how I am with my M50, as well.  Happy listening!
I really can't tell for sure if it is fake or real. Although it is a little weird how different it is. The seams are a little bit odd. And what's with the cord's strain relief on the left M50 in the fourth picture? It looks like a removable cable.    I agree with vese. If it sounds just as good as the other M50, it is probably real. But you never know for sure. 
Wow, those are some pretty silly comebacks. I bet that when they're saying, "I can't hear you," They actually mean, "I can't hear you...I'm going deaf."    Beats are Head-fi's worst enemy.    
Indeed they do, my good sir. As soon as you plug the supplied cord into the headphones, the bluetooth also deactivates automatically. The active noise cancellation can also be turned on and off, unless you want to go with another version that is exactly the same but does not have active noise cancellation.   http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MM-400-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B002NZZIFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330650304&sr=8-1 Basically, there are three models. There is the...
I have to recommend the Monster Turbine, because they are about the same price as the Tours, have a heck of a lot of bass, and block outside noise pretty darn well. Plus, they are made by the same company that created the Beats by Dr Dre.  My sister owns them and let me borrow them. Their sound quality actually surprised and pleased me.   http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/dp/B001LNO722/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330648950&sr=8-1
I find the M50 to not be very picky at all. Depending on different sources I plug it into, the thing that changes the most for my M50 is bass quantity/quality. Listening to 128Kbps MP3s from my computer with no external amplifier still amazes me. Of course, 320Kbps are much better. But the change in quality doesn't alter the way I perceive the headphones. Now, using the built-in DAC of my Sony home theater receiver brings enjoyment levels to a whole new level....
I believe that Sony's brand new Z series of monitoring headphones might be what you are looking for. As you can see by the following graph, the Sony Z1000(Green+black) has just a touch less bass, but seems to sacrifice a bit of mid-treble compared to the Sony V6(Red+blue). [Click to make it bigger] (Also, the Sony ZX700 has a very similar frequency response, but is much cheaper. You could probably actually find a demo unit in your local Best Buy. Two Best Buys...
This is a pretty darn useful thread on the subject that helped me out a long time ago. http://www.head-fi.org/t/310273/audio-technica-ath-ad700-vs-ath-ad900   Sadly, I have only heard the AD700. But let me tell you, it really is bass shy. It needs at least three decibels of bass boost to even sound close to neutral.   Edit: Judging by their frequency responses, they are almost identical in bass quantity.
  Hmm..That's interesting, but it makes sense. I just played some played some Battlefield 3 to see if the same effect would happen to me. I use an AD700 as well, with a surround emulator that is very similar to Dolby Headphone called Sony Headphone Theater.   So I start a mission, get in some fights, and get a feel for the sound without Headphone Theater. It sounds great and crisp, there is pinpoint clarity and a good sense of perspective "air."   During one of the...
Quote:   I have heard about a number of different options for ear-pads. But I haven't tried any. For pleather, some recommend the Shure SRH-840's pads. They say that it can reduce the bass boominess and bring out the mids slightly. For velour,  I have heard about people recommending the Beyerdynamic DT 250's earpads. Velour is soft and much more comfortable, but it is known to reduce isolation.   I have seen more threads on the subject, but I just can't find any of them...