Posts by CaveManta

Grammar-Nazi Andy discovered an ad on Head-Fi that just didn't seem right!     Blast! I may just make a new VS screen, all from scratch. I'm thinking of making it into more of an all-out war! That's if I can make it work.  
You are very welcome. Whether the sound changes or not with each source, could you please come back and tell us what your impressions are? I'm very curious to know what will happen to the sound of your M50 when you plug it into your receiver. Good luck, and happy listening!   Ah, good point. A nice, clear DAC really does help them. The funny thing is that I still can enjoy 128Kbps music from them. But of course, lossless audio is just so much better.     It seems that the...
  If you're not getting much bass out of your M50, then yes, I'd probably have to say that they aren't getting enough amplification. Running my M50 out of my brother's Zune does leave them sounding a little flat, while running them from my home theater receiver has them pumping bass like nothing else. But then the mids seem to be a tiny bit more recessed as a result.   I'm going to test my M50 with my netbook with and without my Fiio E6 amplifier to see what changes....
  Very nice unboxing. I'm surprised that the shiny Audio Technica logo on the earcup is actually made out of metal on the M50LE. I wish that the headphones could be all metal instead of plastic, though. That would be pretty great. But alas. It's so beautiful!   The change in headband between both M50s is also very interesting. That would suggest why some people complain about the M50 having extreme clamping force and others do not! And for some reason, the ear pads on...
Quote: If anyone could help me find a high-resolution image of the Tekken Tag "VS" screen, along with the funny picture of Dr. Dre pointing to the solos, I would be very happy to make one . But sadly, I've only been able to find low resolution pictures. Hmmm..Maybe I could find a different "VS" screen or make my own. But it wouldn't be the same X3.
Ohh, that's awesome. So you could switch between coiled and straight cable at any time. I ought to mod my M50 one of these days...when I get the courage to.    I'm glad that you're happy with your M50. Consider yourself lucky just for that. So many people dislike them . I have to tell ya; Nothing makes your headphones sound better than just being happy with them. And that's how I am with my M50, as well.  Happy listening!
I really can't tell for sure if it is fake or real. Although it is a little weird how different it is. The seams are a little bit odd. And what's with the cord's strain relief on the left M50 in the fourth picture? It looks like a removable cable.    I agree with vese. If it sounds just as good as the other M50, it is probably real. But you never know for sure. 
Wow, those are some pretty silly comebacks. I bet that when they're saying, "I can't hear you," They actually mean, "I can't hear you...I'm going deaf."    Beats are Head-fi's worst enemy.    
Indeed they do, my good sir. As soon as you plug the supplied cord into the headphones, the bluetooth also deactivates automatically. The active noise cancellation can also be turned on and off, unless you want to go with another version that is exactly the same but does not have active noise cancellation.   http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MM-400-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B002NZZIFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330650304&sr=8-1 Basically, there are three models. There is the...
I have to recommend the Monster Turbine, because they are about the same price as the Tours, have a heck of a lot of bass, and block outside noise pretty darn well. Plus, they are made by the same company that created the Beats by Dr Dre.  My sister owns them and let me borrow them. Their sound quality actually surprised and pleased me.   http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/dp/B001LNO722/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330648950&sr=8-1