or Connect

Posts by CaveManta

You are tearing me apart, Philips! If I had black hair, I'd actually like the ink bleed. I wouldn't have to worry about grey hairs when I get old!Oh, and my pads aren't bleeding yet. Does the bleeding start right out of the box?
It must really be based on the temperature of its environment. I had it going all day playing music from my PS3, and it was only about 106 degrees externally, with some 121 degree hot spots. So time and source/DAC don't appear to be big factors. It's all environmental!
My current chain is: Laptop>USB>Modi2Uber>Magni2Uber. And even right now, it doesn't feel like my hand is uncomfortably hot when I touch it! It's about 100 degrees fahrenheit, 25 degrees cooler than it got in this setup: Playstation 3>RCA>Magni2Uber. But I've only been using it for half an hour today. Wait, it's getting warmer.. 105 degrees at the hottest point on the exterior.   Tell ya what. I'll do an experiment. Today, I'll run my Magni 2 Uber all day with my...
Just because Mad Lust Envy is here, how about a Schiit Headphone Surround Sound Virtualizer? ..Can't think of a clever title...>.> As for Schiit whisky, Schwiisky!   I think a speaker amp that could push 100 watts into 8 ohms would be fantastic!^^
I, too, would love some cheap NAS Schiit, man.
The only ways I can think of to reduce the Magni 2 Uber's heat are to install a fan on it and use it sporadically(on and off.) This thing gets darn hot. At times it's almost hot enough to cause pain if I keep my hand on top of it. But I've found that it doesn't run as hot when it's using the Modi 2 Uber's input o.O. There are probably other conditions affecting things. Or maybe it's my imagination XP. I'll investigate it further.
   Thanks for the help, Brian! I believe it is related, just in a slightly different way. I'm getting crystal clear audio through my Schiit stack(SO AMAZING) but that darn wall wart is oscillating away. I tucked it in my closet with a power strip, so I can't hear it now =P. What's funny is if I plug my Magni 2 Uber's wall wart in right next to it, they both oscillate together. So they're definitely not shielded very well.   I think I'll email Schiit about this to see if...
   Hiya, guys! I finally got a Modi 2 Uber, and I am loving it. However, the wall wart it came with is very annoying. It emits a constant hum/whine whenever it's plugged in. Darn coils vibrating at subharmonic frequencies.. Do you guys get this issue with any of your wall warts that came with Schiit?    I guess the problem is that it is, well, cheap and crappy. It's ****, not Schiit. I'll probably just buy a new wall wart that is rated the same electrically. Or maybe...
Dang it, okay, it's not neutral. I agree that it is warm. But the treble sounded different to me than the measurements indicated. It's probably just me...and my ears(lack of seal?) The warmth should help with Michael2200's EDM, ya know ;3.
As a long-time AD700 fan, I know how you feel, Stylomax. The AD700 is amazing in so many ways. It's super comfortable. It's built well. It has "ethereal" sound. But as surprising as it may seem, there are other amazing headphones out there.    The AD900X is a natural upgrade as far as sound and comfort go. It's got softer earpads that actually have room for your ears. And its sound is much cleaner; less diffuse with more bass presence. It even has the fantastic depth! But...