Posts by CaveManta

I spotted a killer deal on new AKG K 518 LE headphones at Electronics Expo. Only $32.95. But the problem is that shipping is about $6.99, which brings them up to $40.00. But $40.00 is usually their price on Amazon without shipping included. http://www.electronics-expo.com/akg-k-518-le-limited-edition-folding-headphones-red
  Slightly off-topic, Arnie got some new headphones. But I don't think he likes them too much.
 Yeah, Etymotics just sound so, how can I say, "Realistic?" They don't seem to color the sound in any way at all(which their frequency response also agrees with,) leaving you with quite a "pure" sound. My Etymotic MC5 just isn't very exciting for that reason. I'm too used to the bass and treble boost of my M50. And I also have a little bit of trouble getting a perfect seal at times, because my left ear is odd.  Even if there isn't a perfect seal, however, they still...
  The Sennheiser HD 25-1 II has amazing isolation for a full-size headphone. But the problem, regarding isolation with full-size headphones, is that they cannot block out noise below 500hz very effectively. So when I put on my Audio Technica M50, which has okay isolation, all of the mids and treble of the real world soften up, but the bass around me stays the same or becomes even louder! I believe it is due to the fact that high-pitched notes reflect off of surfaces...
Yeah, you're probably used to cheaper headphones that have flimsy cables or not-so-reliable strain reliefs. The M50 is built almost impeccably, in my opinion. I have treated it a little less carefully than it deserves, just throwing it in a bag when I wanted to take it with me on long trips. But it always makes it through without a scratch. Its only weakness, I say, is its ear cushions. If the cord gets pressed against them for a while, there will be a crease in the...
If you go to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-100-portable-headphones-reviewed-fischer-audio-oldskool-70-and-oldskool-rpm-33-1-3-added-03-01-12 And look for the modded KSC75 (Which is item "B1"), it lists what is used in the mod. It appears that the Sennheiser PX 200 leatherette earpads were put on them. Because they are from a Sennheiser PX model, you should be able to use those earpads with the PX 100. But I'm not 100% sure whether they use...
Do you mean like this? They are a Koss KSC75, modified to have earcups, which sit on top of the ear. And the headphone is open-back.
I guess Monster is finally going to admit the truth, that their Beats headphones aren't high fidelity. Acceptance is the final step of overcoming grief. I've really got to hand it to them.
OHH! An acorn! I thought you had some funky leopard-spotted earcups or something on your cans, hahaha.
My impressions at Best Buy: I picked it up and was amazed at how thin and pliable the headband was. I was afraid it was going to break in my hands. I tried rotating the earpieces, and it just seemed like the cables were going to get pinched and damaged. To really finish things off, it has the earcups from the Beats Pros, which I cannot get a seal with whatsoever, because I have huge ears. Might as well get the Beats Solos. They seem to be more resilient.  ....What a...