Posts by CaveManta

Now this is one I can really agree with! Mastering like that really leads to some big annoyances for me. I start wondering if one of my drivers is dying, the cable is shorting out, or maybe I'm going slightly deaf in one ear. If artists could just center the vocals, or perhaps balance the audio with something on the opposite side. It's especially bad when listening to speakers, because I start wanting to move my speakers around to compensate.   This song by my favorite...
No problem! You can use velcro, double-sided tape, or something similar. Here's a thread that demonstrates the headband being applied to a headphone! http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900
Static X Edit: Dang it, didn't make it in. X would have been a tough letter.
A lot of people like to use the Sennheiser HD 650 headband cushion when they mod their headphones. It's not only very soft, but it has a perfect shape for weight distribution. It has a recess in the very center, which takes weight off the center of the head, which is the most sensitive part. You can actually buy it from Sennheiser's website here: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/kp-hd-650. For only $7.55, what could go wrong?
   I actually annoy one of my classmates this way all the time. He wears earbuds, which I know are open-backed. So I just talk to him, knowing he can hear everything I'm saying. Muahaha!    What annoys me while I'm listening to music?Knowing that any of my music is low bit-rate. Not getting a good seal due to the Q701's poor earpad design.(Stiff and doughnut shaped.) Getting tortured by the Q701's headband bumps. My DAP putting songs out of order. Any miniscule noise from...
   Hey! My wallet! I might as well give him my wallet, and let him use my money to buy some high-end cans. Actually, that inspires a good idea. A fund to give non-audiophiles good headphones! All that aside, I do like the idea of letting him try good-sounding earbuds! I just hope his hearing isn't damaged. He listens to music kinda loudly..    Hook, DAP, sinker, done!    Here's how I see it: It's best to upgrade to better cans first, as long as they're efficient. When I...
Thanks! I'm hoping I'll get to make more images like those, but of other headphones. The problem is that so many headphones are built primarily out of plastic. And I don't just mean Skullcandies; Even the Q701 is just plastic-plastic-plastic. I'm thinking that the M50 might look neat with its thick steel headband and metal rings on its earpieces. If I take any more x-rays of cans, maybe I'll just post in the "Pics of Headphones" thread, because I think it might be...
   Sheesh, I can't even get a reaction from a friend/non-audiophile who sits next to me in college. Every day, he listens to downloaded mp3s on his laptop using generic earbuds. Today, I brought out my V-80 and asked if he wanted to try it out(for better isolation from the noisy classroom.) He told me that he actually prefers the form factor of earbuds, turning the V-moda down entirely.  Apparently, he has some $20 Monoprice headphones at home, so he doesn't totally...
I have a very interesting "sighting" to share with you guys! ...If you could call it that. But first, I'll start with the normal stuff. At my college, I spotted a Superlux HD668B next to somebody's backpack. I didn't get to see who exactly had them. Even though they're very cheap, they were still a surprising find. From time to time, I also see my brother wearing my V-moda V-80 at the campus library. Today, I decided to use them in a little project..   I'm a...
Surprisingly, the Galaxy S5 could be a really good spycam. It has a special fast shutter video capture mode. That is, it can make slomo videos. So you just have to aim its camera at your victim- I mean subject, for less than a second! I was lucky to get a sighting today, after months of nothing. Someone in my college library was wearing a grey Vmoda M100! Sadly, my last Vmoda sighting was many years ago..   Oh, and in addition, a T-Mobile store at my local mall has a...