Posts by CaveManta

Don't forget about the Sennheiser HD 380 pro. It is actually an improvement over the HD 280, not only in sound(sounding more balanced), but offering even more isolation. They say it offers 36 decibels of broadband isolation, which is about as much as earmuffs isolate.
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the TMA-1.   There is also the V-Moda M-80, which is known to be almost invincible. Its headband can just bend and bend. And as a plus, it is engineered not to need extra amplification.    
The Sennheiser HD 25 should be everything but fragile o.O. It is made to be tossed around and transported all the time. Plus, almost every part of it is replaceable.
 All I can say is thank you for not starting a new thread. Just posting here, you have helped us all.  The mids aren't very recessed, in my opinion. The middle treble region(where breathing/whispering is heard) seems to be a little held back compared to my Audio Technica AD700 or Klipsch speakers. That, plus the louder bass and high treble, gives them a warmer sound.  The bass and high treble are definitely the center of attention when it comes to the M50.  I would say...
Check this site out: http://www.burninwave.com/ It has a ton of burn-in files, including sine waves, white/pink noise, the works. They even have a program which alternates between each different burn-in track for you. http://www.burninwave.com/generator_dl.htm Good luck! Make sure you don't burn them in too loudly. (About as loud as you would normally listen to them is good.)
I spotted a killer deal on new AKG K 518 LE headphones at Electronics Expo. Only $32.95. But the problem is that shipping is about $6.99, which brings them up to $40.00. But $40.00 is usually their price on Amazon without shipping included. http://www.electronics-expo.com/akg-k-518-le-limited-edition-folding-headphones-red
  Slightly off-topic, Arnie got some new headphones. But I don't think he likes them too much.
 Yeah, Etymotics just sound so, how can I say, "Realistic?" They don't seem to color the sound in any way at all(which their frequency response also agrees with,) leaving you with quite a "pure" sound. My Etymotic MC5 just isn't very exciting for that reason. I'm too used to the bass and treble boost of my M50. And I also have a little bit of trouble getting a perfect seal at times, because my left ear is odd.  Even if there isn't a perfect seal, however, they still...
  The Sennheiser HD 25-1 II has amazing isolation for a full-size headphone. But the problem, regarding isolation with full-size headphones, is that they cannot block out noise below 500hz very effectively. So when I put on my Audio Technica M50, which has okay isolation, all of the mids and treble of the real world soften up, but the bass around me stays the same or becomes even louder! I believe it is due to the fact that high-pitched notes reflect off of surfaces...
Yeah, you're probably used to cheaper headphones that have flimsy cables or not-so-reliable strain reliefs. The M50 is built almost impeccably, in my opinion. I have treated it a little less carefully than it deserves, just throwing it in a bag when I wanted to take it with me on long trips. But it always makes it through without a scratch. Its only weakness, I say, is its ear cushions. If the cord gets pressed against them for a while, there will be a crease in the...