Posts by CaveManta

supinator fat pad
Half the volume, half the fun D=. It's like Six Flags.Just...you know you're an audiophile when you're considering purchasing a new can AFTER the SR-009. @.@
half-naked girl protagonist
If the K712 sounded recessed in the mids, I don't think the Q701 would be much better. Although I don't hear any recessions in the mids of the Q701..Hmm.. The timbre is slightly different in some of the upper mids, compared to my warmer cans..   If you want comfort, the X2 is the way to go. It is the most comfortable can I've ever had. Its bass might get in the way of mids at times though. If you're worried about recessions in the mids, the Q701 will be good. It has...
'Prometheus,' where the
The Q701 definitely has more bass than the AD700, especially subbass! It can actually kick and rumble, unlike the AD700. It doesn't sound bass-light with "natural" sounds and real recordings, but it kinda falls behind when it comes to synthetic stuff. I actually like it for some of my technoey music, such as 'Infected Mushroom' because the bass never gets in the way. It's fast and tight, yet still punchy. In addition to some more bass, you will get a lot more treble...
At least the amp is protecting your hearing =3. Now you're guaranteed never to listen so loudly that you could hurt your hearing. Stax: The safe way to listen.
The style of that Stax reminds me of 'The Terminator.' It just screams retro! It's awesome. If there just were a way to mod it to make it more comfortable. Over-ear earpads might make it lose bass...velour earpads, same thing...   Ya know, I think a warm-ish sound signature is my favorite, because I like some body in mah music. Warm with extra treble, like the M50 and X2. But then I get into moods where I want the brightness of the Q701. Yay for having complementary...
So the S2 doesn't really sound like the rest of the Fidelio line? =O That's kind of odd. I guess it is an in-ear, though. Lots of differences can occur changing between form factors. At least the DBA-02 mkII is very well-regarded, though^^.   Er mah gersh.. I <3 my X2! I listened to an album I haven't heard in years, and it just had perfect synergy with these cans. Through the entire CD, I was just sucked in..and I had "Tyll Face of Amazement" the entire time. <-Just...
Problem: it's HEAVY