Posts by CaveManta

Yes, it would be absolutely safe. You can(and should) leave the volume up around 80% on your Mac Book Pro and use the Magni's volume control to reach your listening level. This will assure that you get maximum dynamic range. However, it will drain your battery faster. But in terms of safety, you won't be able to damage your headphones or ears as long as you keep the Magni's volume at normal levels.   Here is a Head-Fi thread where the subject is debated:...
   I brought my AKG K518(LE/DJ/Whatever) to school for some X-rays, and one of my classmates was interested in listening to it because I said it had a lot of bass. She really seemed to enjoy them, as she didn't pry them off her head immediately. She listened for 10 minutes using her phone, but got interrupted because class began.    Dang it, if there was more time, I could have possibly converted her..slowly.    Anyway, she liked them and said they sounded "loud." Maybe...
   Oops, sorry. I was actually referring to all the other times the same thing has happened in this thread. Not specifically what you did in one instance. Sometimes we just don't have any stories to tell anyway ..like me, right now. Actually, I do have kind of a weird story o.O. My dad wanted to buy some IEMs, and sampling my sister's Klipsch S4, said that it didn't sound "right." I don't know whether he was referring to it sounding tinny, or if he didn't get a good fit.So...
   I believe that many people hear different sound from the same headphones for many reasons. Mental burn-in and preference, subjectivity in general, greatly affects our perception. Not to mention music choice. However, I like listening to electronic music with my AD700, so it's probably not a big factor.   Amplification definitely changes M50. I don't mean in terms of getting a high-end, fancy amplifier. I just mean that different sources really affect its bass quantity....