Posts by CaveManta

My family definitely doesn't care about headphones either. My brother, who I share my V-80 and M50 with, listens commonly to his stock Samsung smartphone earphones. And my dad has my AD700 now, but he can't tell the difference between it and stock <$20 headsets. Some most people really don't care about hifi headphones..and it practically stops there. It takes inspiration, a desire for fidelity, for them to actually listen for such fidelity. It's practically useless...
   I'm worried that non-audiophiles will think I'm psychotic if they see me brushing my Q701s. I'll probably get a weird reaction from them. Next thing you know, I'll end up bathing them too. *Ponders* ....I wish the Q701 was waterproof! Edit for on-topic impression: The Q701 fits weirdly on my head..I find that I have to move the earcups far forward, almost against the backs of my ears, to get a good seal. But the soundstage gets moved forward, resulting in less of a...
   The best part of the HDJ-2000, I say, is the build quality. It is absolutely fantastic! It's not only durable, but the headband is engineered to contour nicely with the wearer's head. I just wish its ear cushions were a little thicker.      I actually find it surprising that the M-100 is used as a DJ headphone, because its external noise attenuation levels are quite low. The other cans(except maybe the HDJ-2000 because of its thin ear cushions) blow it away in this...
   Tweezers are the Q701's best friend! Not only can you remove padding with tweezers, but you can also pull foreign material off of the velvet earpads with them too!    Speaking of the earpads, I think my Q701 earpads are starting to become more soft and pliable. Have your guys' earpads broken in and become more comfy, or have they stayed the same as they started?    Say it ain't so....Maybe I should try it.
   Yeah! Same with me. My philosophy is that albums are meant to be listened to all the way through. Especially ones that feature good transitions between songs. So it pisses me off when I get interrupted from listening to the whole thing.   Another thing that annoys me is my DAP. Right now, I'm using my Xbox 360 to play music, and it can't play .FLAC or .WAV files. It's kind of Schiity when it comes to playing music. Also, it runs loud and hot as Schiit.
   I say that they should overhaul the earpads entirely. More angle would definitely help, but they should also change the shape of the earpad, making it less donut-shaped behind the ears. Think of the HD800, how the earpad is less circular in the back. It really helps wearers get a better seal.
Yeah..I just need to get a real amp, I guess. I'm using a Sony home theater receiver from the 90's right now. I like it because it's really warm, but it's most likely hindering the Q701's soundstage and dynamics.    Mine doesn't creak while I'm wearing it, but it sure creaks when I hold it and kind of move the earpieces around. It's not a big deal, really.
  I could practically write books about every headphone..But I just don't have enough room in a forum post. So I'll probably end up writing little tidbits about the Q701 as time goes on. Eventually, when I get a better amp( a REAL headphone amplifier), I'll write a review. It'll be unbelievably long!    Yeah..I'm not sure if it's just the Q701s made in China(mine is.) It creaks, and the earpads are firm as heck. In addition, the plastic is just so hollow. At least the...
I think I'm going to interrupt the battle with a nice, long type-up!      After 4 months of owning the Q701, I am pleased to say that I am IMPRESSED with it. I'm going to post a semi-review/comparison here for you guys!    Why did I choose the Q701? I wanted to find a blend between the Audio Technica M50 and AD700. I wanted the forward mids, airy soundstage, and detail of the AD700, as well as the deeper/fuller bass of the M50.    So how does the Q701 fare when it comes...
   Doctor offices should give out portable rigs to waiting patients. After all, listening to music is a healing process, is it not? Ah, the headphones would probably get infected or something...So they'd have to go with disposable cans, such as- <.<...>.> ..Parts Express headphones!    How about Rick Astley or Rebecca Black? They'd probably get you slapped, actually.