or Connect

Posts by CaveManta

This little contraption, called the Boompro by V-MODA should be able to help you out:http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/   It is like the mod mic, except it actually hooks into the 3.5mm jack on headphones that have detachable cables. The only thing is it might not fit in headphones that have special locking mechanisms..And I'm not sure if the M50x has such a mechanism. Have any of you M50x users tried the Boompro with your cans?
If a headphone can't survive the burn-in, it shouldn't exist at all! Just kidding, actually. But it would be cool if headphones were that reliable. You know you're going hardcore if you are afraid that your cans will burst into flames, though.   I wonder if I could burn in my floorstanding speakers by putting them up to 100db all day... Nah, don't want my house to collapse/burn down/explode/etc.
Burn it..! Burn it as a can! I mean burn it in, of course. People should try burning their HD800s in with this method! It might fix the treble! Just kidding..too risky.   I had a fun time reading your impressions of the burn in. Are you going to buy any new cans to try it on?
I personally wouldn't recommend the Audio Technica M50(x). It's a little bit bassy, and only attenuates about 12 decibles of outside noise. ..And that's all the advice I have. Good luck with your search!
That was a great story, SovietJelly. It had me surprised. I read it out loud to my brother!   I had a nice walk around Boston today, which lead to some sightings. -iBuds on a really rich-looking fellow. (He left his real cans at home.) -Sony MDRX10 on a female. Very snazzy-looking! -Sennheiser HD280 Pro on a guy. They look flipping HUGE on the head! -Audio Technica M50..Pretty can on a pretty girl. I love the M50's looks! -Beats Pro..First time I've seen it in the...
I love mah turbine^^. You know, I wish I could identify IEMs I see out and about. But they're so low profile! I have seen Linus from LinusTechTips wearing an RHA T10 many times though. And maybe a Vsonic GR07? There are a lot of good headphones you'll see on that show; V-MODA M100, Beyer COP, K70X, M50, and many others that I can't remember.
Lol at the flux capacitor idea. I mean wouldn't it be hilarious if Schiit invented time travel and sold it at the lowest prices possible? ...What if they actually are? As for the Quantum Nuclear DAC... You could create x-rays with it! Well, any kind of ray for that matter! Wait. This is most ingenious! A nuclear-powered DAC/Amp that allows you to share the extra headroom with your friends(and an entire city!)