or Connect

Posts by CaveManta

I took a flight today. You know what cans I saw. Well, I also saw some Ultimate Ears IEMs.
I'm surprised that people aren't bothered by the bumps =O. I guess I'm just very sensitive.
I'm totally willing to pay the price. The bumps have been so cruel, keeping me from listening to these amazing cans. I'll take the ugliest hack-job rather than suffer through them. -Maybe I over-exaggerate a bit, but the bumps really suck. If worst comes to worst, a custom headband might actually be pretty nice^^. I could find something soft and pliable.
Curses! The headband bumps become headband pits. =P But it looks like they aren't very noticeable with the layer of felt. Okay, I'm definitely going to butcher mine now. This is going to be..interesting. Thanks for the motivation!
Thanks for the tips!^^ I think I'm going to go for it. When you cut away the bumps, do they leave behind circular impressions in the headband?
If you're worrIed about the cans sinking on your head, I would definitely advise the Fidelio X1 over the X2. The X2 headband is significantly larger for fitting huge heads like mine. The X2 fits my head perfectly while the Q701 is just too small.
I'm glad that modding has revitalized your Q701. The AKG has awakened! I still like the sound of mine, but the bumps are annoying me to no end. The indentations in my skull (soft tissue) seem to stay for days following a listening session. I am >|   |< this close to cutting the bumps off!
My ears are glued to the X2. How about that?
I bet that if the Jotunheim DAC module included optical and coaxial digital inputs, Modi 2 sales would decrease significantly. I wonder if that's one reason it only features USB input.