Posts by bl42ed0

Sign me up! I'll definitely want to grab the 560s after a few runs and reviews are done. Hopefully it offers something where I can still keep the 500s. Love em!
yes! that perfectly sums up why i like the he-500 over the lcd-2! would the mjolnir be a good enough amp to power the HD800? what kind of recommendations do you have for amps if the mjolnir isn't up to par?
I have the HE-500 and the LCD-2 currently and I honestly love the sound of the HE-500 over the LCD-2. To me, the LCD-2 seems just slightly muddled compared to the HE-500 but has a better sub bass. I think I enjoy the highs from the HE-500s over the pros of the bass of the LCD-2. Should I get the HD800 as a (slight) improvement over the HE-500s? I'm currently looking at the HD800, T1, T5p, LCD-X, or the LCD-XC. Any thoughts? Female vocals, electronic, the occasional hip-hop...
Sorry to dig up old threads but Purity Ring has great female vocals. It'd be awesome to see some more recommendations as well!
 so based on my thread, which flagship should i honestly get? Flagship of Darkness may be too bassy and narrow sounding for me. Flagship of Light would seem to be sibilant with not even a good sub bass.. I am curious about the Flagship of Ecstasy though.... TBH I would love your opinion on my options! (i like the flagship labels, it's awesome lol)
So do we have a list of all the things everyone is bringing? And possibly a time schedule of sorts? I'm hoping to listen to some stax, lcd3, he-6, and the hd800 and I'd love to know when those people will actually be there!   Contemplating on the gear I bring.. -Westone W4? -Audeze LCD2.2 -HiFiMan HE-500 -Mjolnir or EF-5 (not sure yet..) -Modi (not bringing Gungnir..too much stuff by then)
Now that I've had time to listen to both on my mjolnir/gungir stack I can easily say, and wish, that I could be somehow using both headphones at the exact same time. I love the bass of the LCD2.2 but the soundstage, mid, and highs of the HE-500. The smaller soundstage has its moments and i love it for those intimate or intense moments or even using them for movies but when I'm listening to music, I'm usually doing some work so the smaller stage doesn't quite cut it for me...
 So if my musical preference is for electronic music and rock, what would be the proper flagship for me?
 So, in your opinion, only the SR-009s, HD-800s, and the LCD3s would work with most everything? That said, would all 3 require me to get a new amp as well?
 They are to some people but like Jd007 said I'm only talking about the flagship models.