Posts by razvitm

I used headphone out on the players with only one output jack and i used line out jack on the x3 and x3 because line-out has less noise than headphone out.
I found the dither on off setting, but how do I disable noise shaping in rockbox on the xduoo x3?
The bttom line question is: Using a high quality soundcard and a jack to jack cable, how do you test, or what do you do, to prove that the xduoo x3 with rockbox has 24 bit support or not? Can a home user prove the xduoo works in 24 bit mode in rockbox?
Do you have any idea what a noise ground floor is and what it looks like on a graph?
The analog part of the internals can only handle the equivalent noise of 21 bits... 
I have a technical question about rockbox on the xduoo x3... Did a comparison between various DAPs with RMAA. Devices that have 16 bit DACs have a noise floor of about -130dB. Devices that have 24 bit DACs have a noise floor of about -140dB. The xDuoo X3 scored -107dB SNR and a -140dB noise floor using rockbox playing a 24bit 44.1KHz rmaa test file. The question is, if rockbox doesn't support hi-res, why is the noise floor -140dB instead of -130dB and why is the SNR...
44.1 and 48 are sample rates. If your audio files have a sample rate of 44,1 or 88,2 or 176,4 then you chose 44,1 and the sound will be clear. If your audio files have 48 96 or 192khz sample rate, then you set 48khz and the sound will be clear, as it should be, but if you play 44,1 files on 48 setting the player has to do a conversion and quality will be affected by converting from one samplerate to another. Oversampling is used inside the DAC, mainly to push switching...
Just showing everyone why you should think twice before getting the xduoo x3 dap. Playing a 1khz sine wave file on both the official firmware and on rockbox, watching the output signal on the oscilloscope. At max level the top of the sine wave is cut away, massively increasing thd (total harmonic distortion) . And on stock firmware there is a pitch problem, instead of producing a 1khz signal it produces a 990Hz signal. That's a 1% error at the output. Using rockbox...
I'm back! I just watched a video on the Xduoo X3 with rockbox on it. It's an mpeg file freely available here: https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/PluginMpegplayer I recorded the watching process to document my experience and to inspire others to do the same :) LOL so here it is: https://youtu.be/xo9mYQJrOSg   Will be back with another post explaining why exactly it's better to have a variable line output level which the official firmware does not provide but rockbox does....
Original firmware has issues with 44.1 and 88.2 khz sample rate files. It plays 24 96 flawlessly.