Posts by razvitm

62 Ohms from Yellow/red to black and 64 Ohms from Yellow/red to white... 128 Ohms between black and white.  
I have a multimeter and know how to use it... what do you have in mind?
A friend gave them to me as a gift, and from the looks of the jack... or whatever that thing is called, he never used them... I can replace the connector, but i can't find any data on them on the web...it's like they never existed...    a few photos with the cans...        
Can anyone owning a xonar dx try this little experiment? Connect headphones to the line out Start coolpro or adobe audition Create a new project using 192KHz sampling rate Generate a sin wave sweep from 20Hz to 90KHz lasting 2 or 3 minutes Play the sweep and listen the frequncy going up untill it reaches 18KHz or 19KHz and you can't hear it anymore And then keep listening...  After 40KHz or so my card starts to produce distortions that are audible in the...
to all the people with sync problems: go buy 5 different usb cables, cheap, medium cheap, but short cables, and try them all, you will find that the usb cable is a major player in the sync problem. The 2 meter usb cable bundled in is too long.
Am I the only one who found out that this soundcard produces a verry annoying sin wave if you try to play 40KHz sine wave through it? Just run Coolpro or Adobe Audition, set your soundcard to 24 bit 192KHz, start a new audio file in coolpro/audition at 32bit 192khz, generate a sin wave starting from 20KHz and ending up at 90KHz, at -1dB, connect headphones on soundcard output and hit play, and listen.. as the main frequency rises, a byproduct frequency produced by the...
i'm also using an e-mu 0404 usb on win 7 64bit and i have a problem with the usb cable... if i don't use a short usb cable or a well shielded one, the sound is full of clicks and pops, and it's even worse if i use asio. I've taken the soundcard apart and looked to see how the 2 data wires (usb) that go into the card are handled, and they seem to go through a common core coil and they are each connected to ground via 2 diodes. Now there's a strange thing there... there's...
I'm from europe, and want to buy from someone who is also in europe and doesn't have time to appreciate these headphones.
opamps have a flat frequency response...    
Y splitters are sometimes not recommended because they split the current between the outputs... if you use a Y splitter on main green line-out and you connect a headphone and an amp, and you let the music play, and while the music is playing you plug out the headphones from the Y splitter, the volume of the sound coming from the amplifier will be louder because the output voltage of the audio card has risen because you no longer have a low Z load on the output