or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Thanks for the link.   RE: Rite Cotton Balls -That can work. FWIW, I like to start with 2x7x7 cm (1.7 g.)  Rite Aid Natural Absorbent Cotton OR 2x6x7 cm (1.5 g. = 10 separated layers). I use a $20 digital scale with calibration weight I picked up from Amazon last year. Seems to work great and helps me channel balance from Left to Right as well as standardize my mods. A scale might come in handy for you.   RE: Your lack of treble - Could be you don't have enough cotton...
Can you link to the design of your artificial ear canal and your linkwitz simple phantom power supply?   RE: Your mod...What type of cotton did you use, how much, and how did you prepare it?   Please post some measurements and description of your mods.
  The measurements won't match. Yes, I placed the mic in my ear. I didn't use smoothing for incremental measurements unless indicated at the bottom of the graphs. Yes, I used default settings for waterfalls. You can download any/all REW .mdat files from my Google Docs links and run the data analysis with different "time windows."   How did you measure IEMs? I have not been able to get any reliable measurements using the artificial ear canal.       I was just about to...
  I vaguely remember reading about V5.01 beta for Mac in July 2011. I opted for V5.0 because it had been tested. I may dust off my older Dell and try it with V5.01 for Windows.   I did not accurately level-match the Magni and Dacmini for my semi-controlled comparisons made to satisfy my own curiosity. I matched them by ear, only. I like the entry level Magni/Modi combination and the price:performance is impressive.   Happy Holidays to Everyone.
Schiit Magni + Modi:  A New Contender?   I received these little jewels today. They look sharp with the amp stacked on top of the DAC. I connected the DAC to my MacBook Pro via a printer USB cable I had laying around. I bought a $20.00 pair of Schiit PYST RCAs to connect the DAC to the Amp. The DAC is Plug and Play but I had to go into "Audio Settings" and select 'Speaker-Schiit USB Audio Device' to make it active.   What follows is, of course, IMO &...
  Nevod,   Interesting. Are you using Windows, Linux, or Mac?   I need to download REW V.5 for Mac and see if I can get it to work for me. Did you use my .mdat files stored in Google Docs or did you make your own measurements?   Thanks for the post.Edit: All Incremental Mods and Measurements were made with REW V.5 for Mac using REW default settings. All measurement data are available in my Google Doc files. Anyone can analyze the data using REW with finer Time and Window...
  I agree. It was my experience with CEntrance and the way they handled a warranty claim and an out-of-warranty issue for my Dacmini that convinced me they are stand-up honest And make great products. I didn't hesitate for a minute when given the opportunity to pre-order the M8.
You're gonna love it. She's A Lady, Light My Fire, Silent Partner, Constantinople, and Let It Rain. Her covers, original lyrics of her on tunes, and band are excellent. The bass lines in She's a Lady and Light My Fire are deep, textured, and musical; Great double bass, drums, piano, and other instruments.
Agreed. k.d. lang's "Ingenue" album is beautiful. I have several of her concert movies and they are wonderful, too. There's another song of her's that I really like, too, called "Pullin' Back the Reins."  I also love Melody Gardot. Norah Jones' "The Fall" album is excellent; so is her duet album "...featuring Norah Jones."   If you like these, I guarantee you will love Patricia Barber's albums: "Cafe Blue" and "Modern Cool." Simply exquisite. 
  You Dog!    I look forward to your impressions.