Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

I wish. I taped the ends solidly. May try some "tube rolling."
I shortened the larger tube so the mic and the IEM were flush with the smaller tube. The results were the same for the artificial ear canal I posted and the shorter version: a steep roll off from 1 kHz down and a steep roll off from 4 kHz and above.  I don't know what's causing this measurement error. More investigation and experimentation will be needed. Hopefully, someone will find a solution.   Edit:  I also tried 2 other mics that I know work. The results were the...
I'm happy to help, kalbee. The materials needed for the phantom power supply and mics are listed in the docs I posted last week. The documents can be found in the T50RP Modding Summary WIKI. micmacmo reduced the resolution so the file sizes are more manageable  for downloading.   BTW, I think Arleus' detailed post, yesterday, should be added to the WIKI. micmacmo has posted several excellent mods with step-by-step photographs and text explanations that should also be...
  Don,   Good call. I missed that detail and cut the 2.5 inch length for the larger tube. Scrolling down a fit further, Conover used a mic mounted to a metal extension that he placed flush with the other end of the smaller interior tube. I'll cut my longer tube down to size so my plug mic will sit flush with the other end of the smaller tube. Results to follow.   Keith
  Yes, you can. Go to John Conover's Panasonic WM-61A page at:       http://www.johncon.com/john/wm61a/       and scroll down about half way.  kibblefat made some mics for this purpose and I tried Conover's in-ear measurement setup, yesterday. The measurements I made of my Shure SE 535 IEMs were way off compared to measurements by Tyll and headphone.com so my implementation of the artificial ear canal needs some adjustments.       Above:  Panasonic WM-61A electret...
If your computer mic IN provides phantom power, you may not need an external phantom power supply. micmacmo and I use MacBook Pro that does not provide phantom power. So, yes, you are correct that the phantom power supply is necessary for cards that don't provide the low voltage power required for the Panasonic WM-61A electret mic.
I think the ribs probably serve as mechanical supports to make the baffles more rigid.  Just a guess.
BMF V8.1, Phantom Power Supply and "Mic in Your Ear" Measurement Kit, and "How To's" for setting up and using REW links to Google Docs are listed, below. You should be able to click and download these documents by clicking the associated hyperlinks. Let me know if you have any trouble doing so.   Note: Since I first published this set of documents, I have made advancements to BMF V8.1. The "DBV" series of mods is easier to build and sounds better than BMF...
   You must be referring to someone else. I'm not re-making headphones and I'm certainly not modding/tuning for profit!  LOL
    IME, If you're stacking pads you will lose efficiency and possibly bass. If you don't completely seal around the baffles-to-pads And around the two sets of stacked pads you Will lose bass. You have over 10 gaps in your double sided tape. Only 1 gap would be enough to effect bass; all 10 open likely sucks out almost all your bass so it's not surprising that you lose SQ and what bass you have left after closing the cup vents.    On the contrary, with my current mod I...