Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Some people have reported improved treble after removing the ear side dust cover. Personally, I cannot tell a difference one way or the other so I keep in place simply to keep debris and dust from entering the driver. Look at Picture "S" near the bottom of Post #1 in this thread. The dust cover is "sandwiched" between two, 1.5mm pieces of stiff craft felt to show just how thin and porous it is.    Organdi "cloth" is a very thin, loosely woven single ply material. It may...
  Could be too much cotton so maybe try a little less and re-test.     Self-adhesive felt will not work in this application, as suggested by micmacmo. The felt I use is from Michael's Craft Store. It is "Creatology Stiffened Craft Felt" and it is ~1.5 mm in thickness. If your felt is thicker and/or more dense, you will lose bass. As pointed out by Nevod, I've found that punching holes in the felt of various sizes and number, overlaying the driver grids on the back of the...
Good advice already from micmacmo, Nevod, and nick n. Also check to make sure your baffles are sealed at the cup rims. If not, tighten the four screws. If stripped, use the super glue method I posted previously. Temporarily, use masking tape around the rims. Make sure your pad flaps seal on the cups all the way around. If loose, try to repair, tape around the pad flaps/cups, use something similar to Alene's double-sided tape (see source list at the bottom of Post #1 in...
  Phill,   Sweet!  You took my mod configuration and made it your own by tuning to suit your ears, preferences, and audio chain. That's the way to do it.   Congrats,   Keith
Chris,    Note that the box/description from your link to the box of U.S. Cotton says .5 oz (.01) gram. That must be a typo but I found 2 items by other sellers on Amazon; one shows .5 oz and the other shows 4.0 oz. 
Yes, I got the second cotton on my list, above, from Amazon.   I suspect you are correct about the Rite Aid cotton and SKU.
  Chris,   See my post about this on the T50RP modding page.   Good luck!   Keith
I ordered 10 boxes of Rite Aid Natural Absorbent Cotton from the riteaidonlinestore on Oct 15. I received 10 boxes of Rite Aid First Aid Rolled Cotton and was not happy. Customer Service told me to keep them and they would send the Natural Absorbent Cotton once in stock. Two weeks later and after many calls, they refunded my initial payment and told me they resolved the issue. They said they were sending me 10 boxes of Natural Absorbent Cotton. I received the second order...
Coin toss says Right.Seriously, I don't know but I almost always have an easier time getting the Left side modded than the Right side. Seems counterintuitive.
I have seen some problems that were insidious and took a while to solve:Too many applications of tape directly on the white driver paper can leave adhesive residue that can alter the sound with too little bass and too much treble. Some tape adhesives may interact with and weaken the factory adhesive causing separation from the driver grid for boomy bass.Cup and Connector B threads gradually strip and change the sound by degrading the cup to baffle seal and reducing...