Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Thread Savers, Ear Pad Anti-Stretching Technique, and Stripped Plastic Thread Remedy:   Here's a neat little trick for making rapid tweaking comparisons. I don't know why I did not think of it before destroying 2 sets of Shure 840 pads and 3 sets of stock ear pads.Turn the ear pad flaps inside out. Position the ear pads against the bafles. Instead of fully installing them by turning the flaps back over the cups, leave them inside out.  Put them on and the compression...
Go here for exploded parts picture - post #1858:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow/1845#post_7610095   Full Compass has replacement part numbers for the T50RP. They will order for you by request. The cost of the replacement drivers quoted by Full Compass on July 15, 2011 is prohibitive:     Headphone Capsule (Driver Assembly; No. 15 on Exploded Diagram) Replacement Part Number:  1471300500 Sugg Retail: 69.95$ ea No stock - ETA...
Interesting idea. If you try it, let us know how it worked for you.   The Shure 840 pads are ~ 9 x 10.8 cm measured from the back outside rim width x length.    
Now, That is clever And unique!  Excellent, thanks for sharing.    
No problem and good for you!    
Blasphemy! Heresy? Or crazed Genius?You must decide.
T50RP's still in stock at B&HPhotovideo. The price is still $74 with free CONUS shipping.   Yesterday I called Full Compass. I was told their ETA for their order is "the end of December." The salesperson offered to notify me when they arrive.  I'll do the same, here.   Amazon's crazy high price around $130 yesterday is inching down, currently at $109. Their price will go down further the longer B&H and Full Compass have them in stock at lower price point.   @mmayer167, my...
Thanks! Just ordered 4 sets. Modded, they will make wonderful Christmas gifts.    
Here's a picture of velcro straps used for holding the headband hanger together. Using velcro instead of the attachment screw avoids stripping the receiver threads when making numerous modifications. I bought the velcro at Home Depot and it can be cut to the length you need.   Vegetable produce rubber bands can be used to hold the baffles to the cups and prevent stripping the 4 baffle-to-cup threads. This photo shows only 1 in place but I typically use 2. The seal is good...