Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

I'm glad to hear that's working out for you. For bass bloat, you could try an external modified bass port using masking tape. There's a picture of one in the Incremental Mods and Measurements thread.It's easy to try different sizes. If you make it too big, cover some of the opening with another piece of masking tape. You can quickly go back and forth this way until you determine the best size for your particular mod.
T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements database update:   I uploaded 30 additional comparative measurements of T50RP, T40RP, T20RP, LCD2 v.1: SPL FR Graphs, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms using Etymotic Triflange Tip mounted microphones and Etymotic Foam Tip mounted microphones.     Like Pad Rolling, Tip Rolling makes a difference, at least in these measurement sets.  Note that all measurements were made with Triflange Tips unless otherwise stated beneath...
  These measurements were made with a basic DIY kit that costs no more than $50.00 to make comprised of a phantom power supply and an omnidirectional mic. It was designed by a friend who shared it with me. It's not intended to compete or compare with anyone else's measurement system. I find it interesting, fun, and useful for tweaking my mods. I thought I'd share this information with the community with the goal of perhaps helping others with their mods.  Consider the...
Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements Update   Uploaded to the database: SPL FR graphs, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms for All Stock T50RP (Left and Right Channels) for side-by-side comparisons with a fully modded DBV #2. Scroll down to  Graphs 56-61.   This is interesting because you readily see the improvements modding produces including flattening the frequency response, extending bass and sub-bass, and extending treble while remaining very fast....
  Using a Kobalt Digital Caliper, Shure 840 Pads:   INSIDE   Top to bottom, lengthwise: 67.4 mm   Side to side, width:  48.2 mm   Depth: 21.8 mm     OUTSIDE   Top to bottom, lengthwise:  106.8   Side to side, width:  89.2   Depth:  21.8 mm
You can learn to use REW without making any measurements by downloading REW and various .mdat data files. For those without a measurement kit who want to view and compare selected mods/measurements using REW, I uploaded three new Google Documents (REW .mdat files 3, 4, and 5) to the database.   Go to Post #1 at: http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements     1.  Main data set 1    2.  Main data set 2    3.  DBV #1...
You can learn to use REW without making any measurements by downloading REW and various .mdat data files. For those without a measurement kit who want to view and compare selected mods/measurements using REW, I uploaded three new Google Documents (REW .mdat files 3, 4, and 5) to the database:     1.Main data set 1 .mdat data files: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5ZWXtWdNv9UczQtX3lxUW1CWnM   2. Main data set 2 .mdat data files:...
Everyone, Thank you for your comments, feedback, and "Thumbs UP's."   This is a "Labor of Fun" for me. If the database is helpful to anyone, Bonus!   BMF
 For anyone interested,   I uploaded 18 new graphs to the T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements Database:   DBV #2 with Stock T50RP Pads, Left and Right Channels --> SPL FR, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms   DBV #2 with Inner Tube Modded FA-003 Pads, Left and Right Channels --> SPL FR, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms   DBV #2 with Taped on (Not Stretched) FA-003 Pads, Left and Right Channels --> SPL FR, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms   Go to...
I uploaded 18 new graphs to the database. Go to Post #1 of this thread and scroll down to the bottom.   DBV #2 with Stock T50RP Pads, Left and Right Channels: SPL FR, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms   DBV #2 with Inner Tube Modded FA-003 Pads, Left and Right Channels: SPL FR, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms   DBV #2 with Taped on FA-003 Pads, Left and Right Channels: SPL FR, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms   Party On,   BMF