Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Sources for Modding Materials Moved to bottom of Post #1 in this thread.
Grodan Rock Wool now readily available for reasonable prices. Look for 4x4x3 inch cubes in 6-packs Without holes or this one  ------>  Link   Easily cut for custom fit.     wje recommends covering rock wool with cheese cloth or similar material to avoid a mess. Great idea. I've got some extra Organdi that will work just fine.   Sources for popular Modding Materials ---> Go to the bottom of Post # 1 of my "Incremental Mods and Measurements" thread Here.
  LOL!
Incremental Mods and Measurements database update    A headfi member asked about measurements of T50RP's with "Naked" drivers. I uploaded a photograph of my set of T50RP's after the stock white driver dampening "paper" was removed - See photograph L2.   I uploaded SPL FR graphs and Waterfall Plots for this set with Acoustipack Lite in the cup floor, Newplast flush mass loaded baffle compartments, and 3 types of pads: Shure 840 pads, T50RP stock pads, and Fischer...
  Number 9 is fast, yes, but it likely still has resonance problems since it's stock + modified bass port, only. DBV #2 is also fast, And flat.   If you care to try any of my mods, I recommend DBV #2 as described in Post #1 of this thread. Go to the sections describing the mod configuration for DBV #1 and DBV #2.  Look at Graphs 56-61.   Follow the written guides for DBV #1 with DBV #2 mods Plus one little change:   Install the Transpore, or cut a rectangle of the desired...
  Yes, I have. As you might expect, they sound thin with no bass. Am I correct in assuming you're interested in free-field measurements, perhaps for calculating your HRTF?   Here's the Measurement Chain:     MacBook Pro with REW > McIntosh MX-136 pre/pro for pre-amp > Dacmini with 1 ohm output impedance for amplification > Panasonic Electret Mic > Phantom Power Supply > MacBook Pro for analysis and graphing by REW   If there is any interest, I can upload "windowed" vs...
I'm glad to hear that's working out for you. For bass bloat, you could try an external modified bass port using masking tape. There's a picture of one in the Incremental Mods and Measurements thread.It's easy to try different sizes. If you make it too big, cover some of the opening with another piece of masking tape. You can quickly go back and forth this way until you determine the best size for your particular mod.
T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements database update:   I uploaded 30 additional comparative measurements of T50RP, T40RP, T20RP, LCD2 v.1: SPL FR Graphs, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms using Etymotic Triflange Tip mounted microphones and Etymotic Foam Tip mounted microphones.     Like Pad Rolling, Tip Rolling makes a difference, at least in these measurement sets.  Note that all measurements were made with Triflange Tips unless otherwise stated beneath...
  These measurements were made with a basic DIY kit that costs no more than $50.00 to make comprised of a phantom power supply and an omnidirectional mic. It was designed by a friend who shared it with me. It's not intended to compete or compare with anyone else's measurement system. I find it interesting, fun, and useful for tweaking my mods. I thought I'd share this information with the community with the goal of perhaps helping others with their mods.  Consider the...
Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements Update   Uploaded to the database: SPL FR graphs, Waterfall Plots, and Spectrograms for All Stock T50RP (Left and Right Channels) for side-by-side comparisons with a fully modded DBV #2. Scroll down to  Graphs 56-61.   This is interesting because you readily see the improvements modding produces including flattening the frequency response, extending bass and sub-bass, and extending treble while remaining very fast....