Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

I know several people have asked about Fischer 003 pads. If you are a DIY'er and want a set at cost + shipping, PM me.
Try a lot of cotton with that config with most of the cup vents closed; and then try Grodan rockwool instead of cotton, a la "Dr. Mo" micmacmo.
  One guy's opinion: Little to none.   The only real difference I see is that the T20 has more cup venting due to its more open mesh compared to the T50's more dense felt. I'm not sure why there's a 700 Hz notch on my graphs of the T20's; maybe because it does not have a cover over the headband hanger screw compartments?   In stock form, they both have rolled off bass and treble. And both sound pretty bad in stock form due to crazy resonances bouncing around off all that...
Cross-post from the T50RP thread in case anyone, here, is interested in an inexpensive measurement kit. You can go to the following link for detailed photos showing how to build a kit: Go to post #8031 @   http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow/8025#post_8354423   Click on the Google Docs to download PDFs of my tutorials and pictorials for: The BOM, steps for building a kit, and a guide for setting up *free* REW software. REW runs a...
^^  No, that's part of the pivoting mechanism.    I was replying to headphonatic's question about the headband hanger screws, on each side that hold the cups tightly to the metal hangers. Here's what he needs if he does not want to try repairing them, himself:   http://www.fullcompass.com/product/296071.html   fullcompass told me last year they can order any replacement parts BUT the prices are usually very high like $22 for 1 ear pad, $21 for a cable, 0.75...
  Not really. See post 8360, just about 10 posts above, but you already know this.    Super glue for completely stripped cup threads works like a charm. Properly implemented, this mod can withstand 30 to 40 mod cycles before needing a "re-do." I've done this on 4 sets; some more than once. Total time is about 10 minutes.     Use liquid super glue. Gel will not flow and makes it difficult to fill the entire space.   Safety Warnings:   Wear old clothes. Place a protective...
Sounds like your plastic headband hanger receiver threads are stripped. If so, get a bread bag wire tie with its plastic "cover" intact and stick one end into the threaded compartment of the plastic screw receiver. Bend it over the side like a horseshoe and cut it at the bottom-outside. This will hold the tie in place inside the threaded compartment. Try using 1 but you may need 2 in each compartment. The screw threads bite into the wire/plastic cover and cinch it down...
   A few weeks ago, I got out my Dremel and cut-off the 4 shock absorber posts in each cup flush with the cup floors. Be careful with the wires. Much easier to work with this way. Make a decoupling (sort of) gasket with a bead of silicone in the cup rims once you're done with the mod.
 Some very wild and unusual stuff!  I like the first track: "Nevermind" with acoustic guitar and middle eastern influences. Others with electronica combined with acoustic instruments. Thanks!
So, it looks like the fully assembled amp is $245. Looks like no DAC. What DAC are you using? And, how does the amp sound/perform for you? Looks interesting.