Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

You must be referring to someone else. I'm not re-making headphones and I'm certainly not modding/tuning for profit!  LOL
    IME, If you're stacking pads you will lose efficiency and possibly bass. If you don't completely seal around the baffles-to-pads And around the two sets of stacked pads you Will lose bass. You have over 10 gaps in your double sided tape. Only 1 gap would be enough to effect bass; all 10 open likely sucks out almost all your bass so it's not surprising that you lose SQ and what bass you have left after closing the cup vents.    On the contrary, with my current mod I...
    If this question was put to a vote, or poll, I would say "No." The stock driver paper works the best for me. Transpore is the best replacement that I have found if used with the proper combination of mods. Materials I have tried but did not work as well include: wool, stiff and limp felt, Micropore, J&J Secure Comfort tape, dryer sheets, coffee filters, thinly sliced melamine, and various foams.   IMO, the white driver paper is your friend. Note that there are at...
    FWIW: Rite Aid "Natural Absorbent Cotton" is loosely layered compared to Rite Aid "First Aid Rolled Cotton" that's densely packed.  Both come in a 3x3x6.5 inch boxes. I think the Natural Absorbent Cotton works much better but it's hard to find, now.  
I'm with you on the Laphroaig.   You're in the UK...order some Newplast from Chroma Colour.           ^ Yes.  
 In early March 2012, I posted some pictures of the stock white driver dampening paper in an older set of T50RP's and the driver paper in a new set of T20RP's. They look very different.  Older paper = more porous and Newer paper = less porous.  I later discovered that my newer T50RP's have the less porous dampening paper.   It might be beneficial to consider the porosity of your dampening paper when making mods. IME, the two different paper types require different amounts...

Century's End has amazing soundstage. Fagen's Snowbound, Trans Island Skyway, Janie Runaway, and Gaslighting Abbey are great tunes for top to bottom testing. I find that all of Fagen's stuff is well mastered.   The Patricia Barber tunes I mentioned because of their emphasis on double bass, not necessarily female vocals but her vocals are to die for.   Krall's recordings offer a complex mixture of double bass and drums to midrange guitar/vocals, and high hats/cymbals...
    No, sorry.  That would be a copyright violation. You can go on their website, though, and listen to samples from many of their recordings which are superbly mastered; I don't know, however, if their samples will sound as good as their recordings.   For soundstage look for a good recording of Donald Fagen's Century's End.   For Bass: Donald Fagen's Morph the Cat (thanks micmacmo - the whole album is great).   For Bass: Patricia Barber's Light My Fire and Ode to Billy...
    3 weeks ago I ordered Chesky Records: "Various Artists - The Ultimate Demonstration Disk"  Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, some jazz recordings, and their 5.1 Ultimate Demo disk.  The 30-second samples of Vol. 2 sound excellent on my modded sets.