Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

You Dog! LOL Nice score.Can't make out the model. Is that the 500?How do they sound?
Never mind. Got it!
Any tips or suggestions for removing the pads and separating baffles from cups will be appreciated.
18.7 lbs. 28.4 lbs. 69.6 lbs.
Neodymium magnets should make vintage orthos more efficient. They would need to be aligned opposing one another. Here's the Fostex T10/20/30 magnet and diaphragm array: 
  In case anyone doesn't know about Faust3D's wikiphonia, it's a good resource. Here for comparisons, descriptions, and rankings for many orthos.
 Actually, minimal damping but here it is. All 3 models:  35 x 35 mm white, semi-permeable material glued to the rear of the drivers. Some version of this goes all the way back to T10 and T20. T50RP:          19 x 26 x 1 mm stiff felt over the internal cup vents T40/50RP:      plastic cover over central screw compartment All 3 models:   ultra thin dust cover over ear side of the drivers
The drivers, cups, etc are the same. Rumors have circulated that the T50RP has tighter tolerances than the other two. There can be significant differences within the same model due to variations in the type, thickness, and permeability of the stock white material glued to the back of the drivers. It's a good idea to measure your headphones' Frequency Response before you begin to modify them. This will tell you if they are balanced, or not. This is important to know because...
I have a set of Thunderpants with custom carving. I call them "Double Dragons." Beautiful art work. The inner volume is almost nil. There is only 5 mm space between the back of the drivers and the cup floors, measured with digital calipers. This space is consumed by some sort of glass wool (not certain of the material composition) that is compressed when the baffles and cups are closed. Hope this helps.
No problem. I didn't want to take credit for Armaegis' work.