or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

No effect either way, here. I hear no "rattle" stock vs modified.
I'd love to hear the HE-1000. A good friend who's ears I trust said it's the best headphone experience he's ever had. He owns just about everything vintage and current production.
PM me.   :-)
 You can send it to me. I'll replace the diaphragm for you.
 Alpha Pads may work but only your ears can decide. Pads contribute significantly to any mod. Best wishes.
 Beta 2? Consider waiting until you get your set - take a look, install them, and take a listen before making them available. I think there's room for improvement. You could make the base of the 3 singles and the 2 inner wave guides on the main frame a little bit wider.  1.0 to 1.5 mm overall greater width or 0.5 mm to 0.75 mm on either side of each wave guide should work just as long as they don't cover any portion of the 2 mm diameter holes. This would remove rotor...
Heads Up SeEnCreaTive's 3D Printed T50RP Wave Guides pictorial and graphs are up HERE go to Chapter 29.
Hi BSH, Send a PM to SenCreaTive. The ones I ordered from shapeways <.> com should arrive, tomorrow. News at 10:00, BMF
DIY Headphone Measurements   Frans (aka 'solderdude') performed some revealing experiments comparing Panasonic WM-61A mounted on an Etymotic triflange IEM tip that goes in your ear vs. mounted in a DIY dummy head. His report of results is a Must Read for anyone using these methods.   Frans' measurments of many headphones are also interesting.   Links to both are now available in Post #1 in this thread - Chapter 2: "DIY Measurement Kit"   ~BMF
I uploaded a link to Google Drive for ARTA Setup Guide and Pictorial for Beginners.   It's located in Post #1 of this thread in Chapter 4 of the Table of Contents.   ARTA is a powerful audio suite of measurement tools and alternative to REW. ARTA generates FR Magnitude and Distortion graphs as well as very slick looking CSDs. I hope my guide makes ARTA easier to setup for everyone.   Kudos and High 5's go out to hans030390 and stratocaster for helping me find my...