Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

The Queen of Jazz: Patricia Barber   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci27xPmQ4-w
Meitner MA-1 and Oppo HA-1. I don't know if Dr. Cavalli will produce LCo, or not. I hope so.
Dr. Alex Cavalli kindly sent me his prototype Liquid Cobalt (LCo) amplifier for audition. I had it for four weeks.     Visually - Liquid Cobalt Looks Impressive   LCo's Build Quality is Rock Solid.   Thick black panels Perfect seams Engraved fonts Soft touch On/Off switch LED indicators High/Low gain  Smooth volume mechanism Differential hybrid SS and Tube design     Sonically – Liquid Cobalt Sounds Impressive   LCo’s sound quality is astounding. It...
 Those look great!
Alex kindly sent me the LC for an audition. As mentioned, above, it is solidly built and an impressive looking piece of gear. I like the ease of access to the single tube, the soft on/off switch, and the gain options. The volume pot is a smooth operator, too.    The LC sound quality was immediately apparent and has not disappointed with the music genres I typically gravitate towards: straight ahead jazz, female jazz vocals, some classic rock, alternative, chill, and...
Thanks for the referral. Looking at the top of the drivers, I believe the "block" on the left is Negative. I've re-cabled the vintage 'phones with what I think is Canare Quad wire. It looks the same color as the stock cable and almost the same diameter. I salvaged the stock cable splitter housing and cup entry - strain relief caps. I listened to it and it sounds "right;" much better than in Mono mode. Testing with DMM for Resistance between all TRS sections and both driver...
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I learned the hard way about Beyer driver wires when repairing DT990 600 ohm 'phones. The wires are microscopic, fragile, and near-impossible to solder. I plan to solder the "end pieces" onto the new cable wires and use the screws to secure the cable wires to the metal "blocks." Fortunately, I did not attempt to disassemble the drivers from the cups which would have risked the same result. I inspected the driver wires under magnification and...
No luck searching the forums for an answer so I'm posting here. I could figure it out by the process of elimination but that would take a lot of extra work. I hope someone who knows will respond.   Which terminal is positive and which is negative?   Thanks  
LOL, micmacmo! I will defer to Congo5 RE: A New Thread. Peace, my brother. ~ BMF P.S. Have you visited Post 1, lately? I've added a Table of Contents for friendlier browsing.
 Congo5, You know I DO!  LOL Simple answer: yes.