or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Congrats to Mikko and thanks to Dr. Alex for the contest. I look forward to hearing "Liquid Spark!"   I just received my Liquid Carbon and I am impressed! Truly an excellent amp for an unbelievably low price.
Thanks, Dr. Alex, for this fun "name the amp" contest.   Best wishes to all.   ~ BMF
  In early 2011, I asked Smeggy to make a unique set of Thunder Pants (TP1) with custom wood carving. He asked what I had in mind. I told him, "surprise me" and that he did in June 2011. The craftsmanship and details are impressive as was the price...$700.00. Smeggy used a wood engraving tool to etch the dragons and gold paint to highlight their fire and scales. My TP1 "Double Dragons" are true to their name, "Thunder Pants." I prefer a more neutral FR so I may put them up...
Nick, I was secretly hoping you would do just that and serve as an example for me to follow. So, random selection may be the way to go. I sold my LCD2 for $500 to a good friend who tried them for 6 months and loves them. Which one to choose?a vintage ortho,a vintage dynamic,a current ortho,a current dynamic,an IEM,an on ear,or Smeggy's beautifully hand carved Game of Thrones motif--> Kahleesi's "Double Dragons" - one each  cup. Off topic, but did any of you guys and gals...
 This set of Red NOS TDS 5M is still in mint condition. Still sounds very good in Stock form...no mods...I have not opened them and will not do so. In the coming weeks, I plan to thin the herd. I have too many vintage orthos and current production dynamics. They don't get the love they deserve. Just have to post a "For Sale" thread.
LOL! Thanks.100,019100,236100,541
1) 10,019 2) 10,236 3) 10,541
I asked the same thing a couple of years ago. They're just different kinds of felt guys found, liked, posted about, and shared.Go to the art store and fabric store, buy a bunch of different kinds, and post all about ferrytrainhp1 felt.There are many different materials and configs that work well besides felt.
I haven't yet heard IE800. I'm considering buying it to compare with SE846 which is excellent, IMO.    I sent the following to a couple of friends...FWIW:   I bought Shure SE-846 from massdrop for $780. I've been listening to them for two weeks. I can say without equivocation that this is my favorite Go To set of earphones. They beat out everything else I've heard or own, including vintage orthos. Comfort is great. Noise isolation is very good. Bass is rich, detailed,...
 PM with your address and I'll send you whatever you need. Best Regards, Keith