Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

I think you meant 91.5 mm diameter instead of radius, yes?   :-) There is ~ 6.8mm clearance from the rear side "base" where the screws and slots are located to the top of the "ledge" where the grille sits. If the Wave Guide is 5mm in height, that will leave only about 1mm for the Wave Guide "foundation" and 0.8 mm for the rear side damping that includes one layer of thick felt and one layer of thin felt with the grille on top. So, I think it may work best to use ~1.5mm...
 Good to hear the T50RP diaphragm finally arrived. Here are the other LCD2 v1 dimensions.  Thoughts?  Thanks so much for all your help with CADs for T50RP and LCD2 v2 Wave Guides!
Random Thoughts On Modification of T50RP and Other Planar Magnetic Headphones   Reducing or closing the baffle port will increase bass at the risk of increasing bass bloat into the mids and veiling treble frequencies.   Sealing all the cup vents will reduce bass too much. Bass will sound even more rolled off and thinner than stock configuration. Treble may become more pronounced. Mids may sound more upfront.   Significantly reducing the cup vents to a single opening...
 Thanks for this information. I wonder if there is another variable that might be responsible for the impression that the bass quality/quantity is changed when uisng the Fazor? Some additional variables to consider include a thinner diaphragm, different rear side damping materials and their configuration, higher impedance, different magnets (strength and layout), and diaphragm tensioning. It will be interesting to test for this effect with T50RP.
Grzegorz, I agree with you about putting wave guides on the T50RP rear side unless the paper damping material is sacrificed. I have a couple of sets without the damping paper that I can try rear wave guides on. I think 3D printed wave guides on the ear side, however, are feasible if the ultra thin dust cover is cut removed. The design with 7 wave guides may be too much but I think the one with 4 wave guides could work. It would be fun and informative to try both if they...
 Only that that is a Regal Idea worthy of testing!

I posted T50RP and LCD2 stator dimensions over on FIMM.
Here are dimensions for "Wave Guides" for T50RP and LCD2 v1.   T50/40/20RP Magnet Layout as shown:   Ear Side   Ear Side under Flash shows copper tracings   T50RP Magnet and Radical Russian Roulette Modified Frame     LCD2 v1 Rear Side Six, 5  mm x 44 mm Magnets under Stators. Add 5 mm to Left and Right verticals for Frames.     LCD2 v1 Ear Side has Thin Felt overlaying Thick Felt Damping Six, 5 mm x 44 mm Magnets under Stators. Add 5 mm to Left...