Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

GS-X mkII and HA-1 with flac files
spbach, I'm happy to hear the Touring HE-560 made it to you despite the box damage. Shippers are a Tough Bunch! The package left Memphis intact. I'm glad I applied extra tape at all edges. I agree with your impressions comparing HE-560 with HD-650 and Q701. The HD-650's are too dark and the Q701's are too bright. HE-560 sits in the Goldilocks Zone. Of course, being planar they have a different presention than dynamic headphones. I prefer planars, myself. I will add that,...
Good idea, thanks for the help! I got some interesting replies on the REW Help Forum. I just need to download the software and give it a whirl. I may be slow, but I eventually "get there."
 I can generate a 300Hz square wave using REW's 'Generator' function. I have not figured out how to record, or measure, it. Do you (or anyone) know?  I searched REW with no joy. I posted queries on REW's help forum and on HTGuide's forum. Most of the guys active on those forums are dealing with room eq and I will be pleasantly surprised if anyone posts the answer.
Yes, I made measurements last night of before, with rear side wave guides, and with both rear side and ear side wave guides installed. I have not done anything with them. I will make offsets and generate graphs, tonight, after work. I think I will also measure with and without rear side wave guides before I listen to them.I don't know if measurements can capture sound quality benefits And I don't know if there are Any sound quality benefits to capture. I have not listened...
Grzegorz stepped up and made it happen! His LCD2 v1 Wave Guides work great.   The Wave Guides were 3D printed by Shapeways.com for $29.00 for a set of 4.   I made measurements of LCD2 v1 Stock, with Rear Side Wave Guides, and with Rear Side + Ear Side Wave Guides.   Listening impressions and measurements will follow in a couple of days.   The Rear Side Wave Guides were a perfect Drop-In and friction mounted with stock thick felt over the wave guides, stock foam...
 This HP-1 came in a silver box so it is most likely not anisotropic.This set arrived with one Driver DOA, so I took it apart.The traces were broken from the center tab and side tab connections. The magnets on the Bad side were fractured into 3 pieces (both sides).I super glued them together.I don't know if the driver is salvageable, or not. Close up of damaged diaphragm Close up of other side of damaged diaphragm Good Driver at top right  Other side of Good and Bad...
What strength, shape, size, and source? 
I received notification from Team HiFi Man to ship HE-560 to spbach.    I will ship, today.
 Good question, iQEM. I will need to open HP-1 to take a look. I'll post a photo...that may help. It's yours for no charge if you think it will work. I can also send you the other one that does not work. You may be able to repair it where I failed. It seems to have lost its connection to the diaphragm, inside the capsule.