or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Amazon has a similar bundle with HD-650 instead of HD-600.Amazon also has HD-650 with a $200 gift card making HD-650 $300.00. These are still available at the moment. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-650-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1451568658&sr=1-1&keywords=hd650
Grounding is not required for it to work, even in a plastic case.REW and ARTA measure in mono. No need to build dual.For definitive answers, ask Frans on diyaudio heaven.
 If the solder pads have broken off the diaphragm, a repair is beyond my skill set. If the solder pads are still attached to the diaphragm and the only problem is that the wires have broken from the solder pads, I may be able to make a repair for you. If you wish, PM me with photos of both diaphragms/solder pads. You can find a suitable digital scale on Amazon for around $25.00.  I use this one.with the calibration weight.
 It's possible there is inherent Left - Right driver SPL variance in your particular set of T50RP which is not uncommon.  If so, you'll have to tweak each side's damping scheme so they produce the same SPL levels. Related, it's important to accurately weigh and measure the dimensions of each component of your damping configuration. I use a digital scale down to 0.01 grams and digital calipers.  Seemingly small differences in weight of cotton or fiberglass etc, and...
Sennheiser HD-650 +$200 gift card at Amazon for $499.00 bundle deal.
Reduced to $999.00!
Has anyone heard and started modifying T50RP mk3?
 RE: "Naked Driver" Mods I almost forgot about this, but it was 3 years ago....Post 244 It took me a lot of experimentation but I got pretty close to my best, after all.  There are likely others who've done just as well and better.
 Here are the Thunderpants specs from Smeggy: Quote Smeggy: Ok, to follow up with some real, actual measurements...These are what I would call the ideal but it can vary in depth and complexity as many so called 1" boards are actually more like 7/8" so adjust to suit what you have available.  The cups and baffles are 4" in diameter.Cup inside diameter is  3 1/4"Cup cutout depth is 3/4" deep. [...BMF: I think 3/4" is too shallow. There is not enough room for damping...
Grado PS-1000 LNIB. New drivers, pads, and cable were factory installed last year. I have invoice for inspection. near perfect condition. Sound great. Less than 10. hours. I have too many headphones and many other projects so this gets no love. Smoke free. Pet free. I'll load some photos tomorrow. $1150 or trade for Senheiser HD-800 in excellent condition. Contiguous USA. Verified PayPal account.