Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Fantastic! I've been wondering when this would happen.   Sign me up!
I don't know if this has been posted in this thread, or not. I did a cursory search and didn't find anything. If I missed it, apologies.   Last month, I contacted Audeze and asked about buying Fazors to retro-fit my LCD2 v1. I was told there was not enough interest and they are not available for purchase. A friend skilled in 3D modeling took measurements from my LCD2 v1 that I made with digital calipers and designed "wave guides."   Anyone with pre-Fazor LCD2 v1 (and...
 I found the following information posted by Serge44 at: lossy.ru Amfiton N-21C (TDS H-21-C Portable Isodynamic Headphones)Manufacturer: ON "Schetmash" Chisinau Specifications: Frequency range: 20-20 000 Hz Impedance: 32 ohms Sensitivity: 97 dB Nameplate capacity: 500 mW Dimensions: 220 * 205 * 60 mm Weight without cable: 120 g Technical Data : Brand magnet: M15BA300-2 magnetsDimensions: mm - diameter round 15 * 3 - ring diameter of 38 * 23 * 3 Membrane Film:...
Yes, I'll post pix and graphs from lossy.ru tomorrow. They look similar to SFI orthos...but different. The creator currently sells ribbon tweeters for cars. I got several H-25-C headphones retro-fitted with current production Neo mags and super thin diaphragms, but I suspect you may know this ;-))
Endangered Species List   One of two known ТДС H-21C isodynamic Portable headphones from the '80's in existence acquired from a good friend in Ukraine.    Please excuse the crappy iPhone pix that do not do them the justice they deserve!           They are mid-centric with rolled off treble and bass but both are nicely presented without bloat or sibilance. Some simple mods should make them sparkle.
 Looks like open cell foam under pad cushion on the ear side and Paxmate (?) on the under-surface. Thanks for sharing.
 Thanks for the graphs. Your T50 Closed and Open with StratoPad measurements look Great! The Mayflower graph looks like it's bass heavy and probably bloats the lower mids, possibly masks some treble, too. What do you hear? I don't remember if you described your StratoPads.
Grzegorz, Yes, your Wave Guides changed the graphs and the sound in a favorable way, IMO. Congrats! If you modify the Ear Side Wave Guides, you basically have to reverse the screw notches. No, I did not have to glue the Rear Side Wave Guides in place. They simply dropped in and there was enough friction to hold them in place. Also, the stock felt and foam added a bit of pressure so there is no vibration. K
   ZGLISZCZ/Grzegorz was generous with his time and efforts prototyping Wave Guides for my Audeze LCD2 v1. The only change needed for the wave guides to fit as perfectly on the Ear Side as on the Rear Side would be to make 2 notches for the screws at the top and 1 notch for the screw at the bottom. They still work with minor alterations as shown in the pictures I uploaded. In addition to the .OBJ file in the link, above, you can use the link, below, that will take you...
 Search the threads for micmacmo and his innertube pad flap mods for HM5 and FA-003 pads. They work great. Easy to put on and take off. Won't rip or tear. Make a perfect pad to cup seal. Add the necessary damping ingredients and enjoy good sound and better comfort than Shure 840s.