or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

FYI/FWIW   I added measurements to Post 1 in this thread.
 Hi Dan, Wonderful!  Many Thanks, ~BMF
Circumaural cups and pads fit around your ears. Inside = 4cm x 6cm Outside = 6cm x 9cm
I just received my Sharkk Bravo headphones from Indiegogo, today, and searched the forums for an impressions thread. I didn't find any and decided to start one.    These closed-back headphones are a hybrid of electrostatic and dynamic drivers with the electrostatic energizers built-in to the cups. They are advertised as "High Definition" and "10x Better Sound Quality." The marketing documents also describe them as, "The most affordable Hybrid Electrostatic Headphones®...
Same, here.
OK. I'm glad you were able to retrieve the copy/paste files before I deleted them. I did not try the Cavalli files to see if they would open. I saw them listed on Alex's website and assumed they were active...and then deleted my post. Let me know if you need anything else.
I deleted my post because Cavalliaudio dot com > Projects > Bijou has detailed build information.
Check McMaster-Carr for inserts.Check Post #1 of FIMM for info about how to use superglue and a 2mm drill bit to repair stripped cup threads.
 Looks OK. Have you listened to them?   Use a DMM to test resistance between the terminals on each diaphragm. You should get around 47 to 50 ohms and you want Left and Right channels to measure close to the same ohms. If it works and sounds good with no cut-outs, I'd leave well enough alone and not worry about the dull appearance.
Don't remove solder from the factory solder pads. I find that adding a tiny bit of solder to the factory pads makes it easier join the new tinned wire to the pad. I clean my iron, flux the pad, hold the iron and solder near the pad, touch solder to iron, and immediately touch iron to pad for no more than 2 seconds. I use a fine conical tip at ~ 650F. Using a blunt tip like a chisel or screwdriver tip will hold more heat so the temperatures I use would have to be...