or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

I received a white set of Onkyo ES-FC300 for $25. Remarkable sound quality. Bass is a bit over emphasized but tolerable. Bass lovers may like the bass. Very good mids. Decent treble. Not very comfortable due to small size. Definitely worth up to $50. Yesterday, Amazon had some violet ones for $40 plus $5 shipping. No longer available. DIY Measurements Calibrated and Compensated Dayton Mic in a dummy head, ARTA, Steinberg UR22 interface, Centrance Dacmin...
To be clear, On Head-fi I am bluemonkeyflier. I use bluemonkeyglider for email.   I have known haarvi for 5 years and can vouch for his honesty, integrity, and thoughtfulness. He purchased this amp new and instructed Justin to send it to me Before he laid eyes on it! I provided the details about his amp listed in his ad, above. His amp is in perfect working and cosmetic condition, and sounds great.   ~ BMF
Agreed! LOL I tried another couple of mods that did not work. I'm sending them to a friend for dissection and transplantation into another project.
Clever. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.
  Deleted because copy/paste from the other thread did not format correctly.   Awaiting assistance from Moderators...   For Now, go HERE
 Update: I added some pictures of the inside of Sharkk Bravo and some measurements of my first attempt to modify them...see Post #1 of this thread.
Many thanks for the tips and links.  I have a healthy supply of Sorbothane from a very good friend in Canada and a ton of other damping materials from my modification of T50RP and numerous vintage and current production ortho and dynamic 'phones...so, I'll give it a whirl!
...well, the hype train just keeps on rolling on the indiegogo Sharkk Bravo Comments page. I'm going to try to modify them to see if I can damp down its loose and wooly bass. If this can be accomplished, it may reveal a bit more treble and help to de-bloat the mids. The kicker is that I do not see any external venting that I can damp so it will require internal damping experiments. No way to know if it will help without trying.
Bryan, Look at the elevation of the CSDs in the bass register and the FR Magnitude graphs. Sharkk Bravo's bass response is much more emphasized and the treble rolls off much more than Senn HD650. The result on sound comparisons is that Sharkk Bravo delivers a muddy frequency response and no treble details. The midrange is horribly bloated making the sound quality is muffled, veiled, and blah....to my ears/experience...Others may like it. I definitely do not.
Yes, 1000 Pardons. I did not notice the inappropriate category when I posted this thread.  @ Mods, is it possible for you to move this thread to the full size headphone impressions category?  If not, I can delete it and post the correct category.