or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Looks like you may have a small puncture on the lower left side and the lower middle section. If so, adjacent traces may be shorted. Difficult but not impossible to repair.
I agree about HD-600. A very good headphone. I like HD-650 better because of a bit more bass. Both are excellent. Look for BF deals. I got both with DT-990 last year for around $525 after $200 gift card. I like the a DT-990, too.Check your email for the ARTA Guide.
Darin, How does M560 sound compared to the others, and to other orthos? Glad to see you're beginning to make some diy measurements. I think you will get more consistent measurements as you gain experience with your gear and standardize your technique. Cool! You might want to try ARTA software for comparison. I put together a HOW To guide I can send to you and anyone interested. ~ BMF
I've had nothing but great service and products from Massdrop. If given the opportunity, I will snap up HD-6xx.
Thank you, Dan The Man!
Dan,   Your generous gift of open sourcing your Alpha Dogs to the head-fi community is HUGE!  You have given everyone the opportunity to build, custom tune, and enjoy a truly wonderful headphone. But wait, there's more! You even made it easier by providing detailed "How To" guides with links to PDFs, STL files at Shapeways for those of us without a 3D printer, and answering numerous follow-up questions. To quote Beck, "WOW!"   Anyone who uses what you've provided (at...
I received a white set of Onkyo ES-FC300 for $25. Remarkable sound quality. Bass is a bit over emphasized but tolerable. Bass lovers may like the bass. Very good mids. Decent treble. Not very comfortable due to small size. Definitely worth up to $50. Yesterday, Amazon had some violet ones for $40 plus $5 shipping. No longer available. DIY Measurements Calibrated and Compensated Dayton Mic in a dummy head, ARTA, Steinberg UR22 interface, Centrance Dacmin...
To be clear, On Head-fi I am bluemonkeyflier. I use bluemonkeyglider for email.   I have known haarvi for 5 years and can vouch for his honesty, integrity, and thoughtfulness. He purchased this amp new and instructed Justin to send it to me Before he laid eyes on it! I provided the details about his amp listed in his ad, above. His amp is in perfect working and cosmetic condition, and sounds great.   ~ BMF
Agreed! LOL I tried another couple of mods that did not work. I'm sending them to a friend for dissection and transplantation into another project.