or Connect

Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

Your friend is also my friend.     :-)   All I have left are the NPNs, larger caps, and ICs.  All those SMDs, my eyes are crossed. His Build Guide is a life saver.  Just hoping the solder gods smile on me and vanquish cold joints. ~BMF
Yes, but the thickness of the felt will affect the amount of venting. More venting = more bass. Less venting = less bass. Thin felt will provide more venting than thick felt. Don't use adhesive backed felt since the adhesive will effectively seal the vent. If you make your hole too large and the bass is loose and boomy, you can use thicker felt to "tune" the vent, essentially making the hole "smaller" ...or, if the bass is too thin use thinner felt to make the vent...
The drivers are the same.The rear damping material may be different.To get more bass, you'll need to drill a 2 mm or 3 mm hole on each rear side of the cups. Much larger and the bass gets wooly.Cover the holes on the inside with speaker grill cloth. If you don't have any, I'll send you some. Check Here.
Beautiful craftsmanship!
I'm building it now. 😀
Bijou sounds fantastic!   Major kudos and many thanks to dBel84 for guidance on this and other projects...EHHA Rev A, CK2III, and more...and to Dr. Alex for the DIY designs, all of which sound great!!   ~ BMF   PS: thanks to Jeff at glassjaraudio for the excellent kits that makes DIY easier and more fun.
 Thanks dB, and thanks to Alex.  Hmm, maybe a Bijou UFO Double Decker.
Google waybackmachine. Type cavallaudio.com into search window. Try various dates between 2007 and Feb 2016. Most of the information is there but I cannot find a saved page for PSU schematic and a few others. Better than nothing.
 I second that. I have a kit from glassjar/Jeff ready to go. I can determine most of the caps but not the resistors. I've searched this thread and with Google but no joy. If anyone has the v2.0 BOMs for the amp boards and PSU board, parts designations, and schematics, I will be grateful and in your debt. ~ BMF
 Get amb.org epsilon 12. Otherwise, don't turn on the amp with headphones plugged in and don't turn off with headphones plugged in or you risk zapping 30k mV into your headphones. I fried a set of Koss PortaPro when I forgot to unplug them before powering on. The epsilon 12 will protect your headphones in the event of a surge or power failure. I'm interested how you laid out your star ground.