Posts by bluemonkeyflyer

LOL! I thought exactly the same thing. 
 Thanks for the link. Increasing the diameter of your bass ports, or adding a second one, may increase the bass. Determining the optimum size bass port most compatible with the rest of your damping scheme is key.
 Nice! I like the connectors, too. From where did you source them? Edit: Clever bass ports. Are those ~ 5 mm diameter?
You misread my post.30 Seconds, not 30 Hours. :-)
OPPO recommends waiting at least 30 seconds between On-Off cycles to avoid damage to the circuitry. You can buy a switching box for comparing up to 4 headphones with one amp/dac. You just have to determine the SPL settings on the volume pot for each headphone for equal sound level matching. Alternatively, you can hook up the switch box in reverse to compare up to 4 amps/dacs with one set of headphones.
 That headband cushion looks comfortable!  Are those MrSpeakers' Alpha Dog pads? They're very comfortable, too. Together, they make all the difference.
Yes to your first question. Go to the DIYAH link for details about the components.Not necessarily to your second question. For me, no. You'll have to try them and decide for yourself. Cheers
 Thanks, MasterMech7777. Best Wishes for a successful and pleasing mod.
 Thanks for the feedback and  "+ rep" with Thumbs Up on Post #1. Much appreciated. I hope you find something useful for your mods. I always say, "Take anyone's modification config and make it your own" by adding, substituting, and/or removing various components. I have a Garage 1217 built "filter box" designed by 'solderdude' aka Frans (what a Great guy...thanks for all the help, Frans!) at diyah. I also have an extra PCB board if you want to build your own. It changes the...
That's great to hear! Congratulations on your successful mod. Your persistence and creative application of common materials at hand has paid off. If the sound is good, measurements don't matter.I'm glad the modified bass port helped, too. By adjusting the width as little as 1 mm wider or narrower tunes the bass for your specific damping scheme.Cheers