Posts by Meewoo

If you use only power amp part, don't bother those pre-amp controllers. Focus on the RCA jumper pots (main in RCA) on back and phone jack. If it doesn't work, then try find cold soldering. Hope you find solution!
 Did you only deoxit phone jack? You have to clean the volume, balance, tremble, bass control pots. Especially volume pot, Nak used low quality part here and it needs consistent clean. My SR-2a requires me to do this consistently. Hope this help.
@SpeakerBox,   Is Aragon high brand for Mondial? I know Acurus was low sibling for Aragon, but not knowing Aragon linked with Krell. Or could you let me know which models were designed by Don D'Agostino (or he was involved)?   BTW, why Pass Labs and Bryston aren't in your list? Another BTW, was Don connected with Bryston too? I couldn't google the results. Thanks!!
 Mr Morden, after a long thought, I couldn't help trying to answer some your questions. But first, I must claim that I am not a Pioneer fan (or I don't care Pioneer sound at all) even though I have Sa-9100, SX-1250, SX-727 and another A-?? (and I had SX-1010, SX-650, SX-1050, SX-D7000, Sa-9500II in past three years). Second, I am not receiver fan also, now I go integrated or separate exclusively. So I am more like you. Since we all here, we all know 70's provided excellent...
 The Title is "...integrated/receiver..." which included integrated amp, you are qualified. "Vintage" usually means before 84ish. But our OP moodryn always welcome people talk all the things like separates and new. So just make yourself home!
 I had Onkyo Tx-2500, sold it. It looks nice with real glass panel.Regarding sound, I will quote from Aker wmgwizardIf my remember correctly, it's a tiny bit dark too, but just no involving, Regarding Yamaha, this Aker also did right to me.Warm in LF, bright in HF. You can check http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=551482&highlight=onkyo I saw you have lot of phones, why not adventure in vintage Iron and decide yourself like your phone journey?. Low models are...
As always +1!! TOTL or emotion attached pieces are collectable. Middle to low end models (except some gems like Marantz 2030,  1060 etc)are just toys. They aren't worth having recapped.
Regarding recapping, there are liberals and conservatives in this thread!!   I don't own any recapped pieces, but I do believe recapping is the way to restore the glory of those old pieces.   Regarding recapping, I would rather trust my no EE background friends than my technicians. My tech will tell me not recapping since everything is fine (on spec). Wow, it's fine at this moment, but not future proof. The old caps are doom to fail, so someday some will fail. My...
 How the Ka-907 recapping fall apart? I remember you were going to have it recapped in August? If it's not Ok to post here, please send me a message.And congrats for repairing!!  I think low noise floor of Ka-907 is really amazing!!
 Oh, 820 and 1020 are also very good Yamaha receivers. Regarding those 70's irons, Pionny, Marantz, Kenwood, Sansui, Yamaha, Harman Kardon etcs are all good (I omitted some brands on purpose). And every brand has own "house sound". So choice depends your preference. And there is no No.1 in them, different person has their own No.1.Searching your No.1 is a exciting journey! Hope you enjoy it as much as I.