Posts by Amused

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits Jeff Beck: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's
Nirvana - Nevermind Radiohead - The Bends, OK Computer, The King of Limbs The Clash - London Calling Weezer - The Blue Album Norah Jones - Come Away with Me, Feels Like Home   will need to revisit this later...
Sly & The Family Stone > Anthology
  Some of the site sponsors carry phone plugs, ranging from high-end Oyaide and ViaBlue to the lower end Neutrik and Canare. Otherwise, a search for 'diy 3.5 mm phone plug' will throw you a ton of resources. If you shop around, you can find the Switchcraft 35HD Series plugs for a reasonable price.    
I'm interested in this comparison too. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a WA6SE for an all-rounder, but the introduction of the Lyr has piqued my interest.    
  Thanks for responding to grokit.    I've read that the resistor may not be necessary anymore for the iPhone 4, but since I had a bunch on hand, I went with the conservative design. I've yet to see a definitive report on the resistor-less design (maybe I haven't searched thoroughly enough), so that was another deciding factor for using one. Otherwise, I would have used the ultra-small 30-pin connector.     Thanks! ...but that ViaBlue plug looks good with just about...
Here's an LOD that I assembled last night during the Oscars :)   It's the first one that I've made with CryoParts' TWcu wire, and it came out pretty nicely. I was out of sleeving, and didn't know how I wanted to deal with the wires, so I just left them straight/unbraided. The LOD is about as short as can be (without hacking) to still allow my Nano to be strapped down comfortably to the Tomahawk. Overall, I really like the finished product for a very quick project. I...
A couple of favorite songs and a bass heavy album before a bit of break-in.   Nora Jones - Don't Know Why Radiohead - Creep The Beat Junkies - The World Famous Beat Junkies, Vol. 2 (entire album)
These are some handsome 'phones. Do you have anymore insight on the memory foam...plush or firm? Supra-aural designs haven't had much success with me...many times putting too much pressure on my upper ear to be comfortable for even moderate listening, else I'd still have a few of the Grados I've owned. Thanks for the review. It's enough to convince me to check them at some point in the near future. I could use a complement to my IEMs for when I commute to work.
The Hornet is an excellent amp. I'm not familiar with the market value of a used Hornet, but I'm sure searching the FS/Wanted section will give you a good reference point. $200 is also plenty for a set of Grado SR80s or SR125s if that's the route you choose. I'm sure others will chime in on headphone alternatives.